My Sick Cat

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am so glad you caught her in the nick of time.
Will she need ongoing medical care after this?

I just got back from the Animal Hospital. She was admitted to intensive care in a diabetic coma. They expect her to be in the hospital about 3-5 days. Hopefully she will make a full recovery. All of the thoughtful well wishes are truly appreciated. You people made me cry.....(in a good way)

Yikes! I'm very glad she's at the vet now. You absolutely did the right thing. She's lucky to have you as an owner.

I hope she'll be just fine and she likely will be as vets usually don't say that unless they're very close to certain.

I just got back from the Animal Hospital. She was admitted to intensive care in a diabetic coma. They expect her to be in the hospital about 3-5 days. Hopefully she will make a full recovery. All of the thoughtful well wishes are truly appreciated. You people made me cry.....(in a good way)

Awww - poor ol Rose :( Sounds like you got her there in time tho man. All the best to ya both - hope she makes a speedy recovery!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just got back from the Animal Hospital. She was admitted to intensive care in a diabetic coma.

As soon as I read your OP, I thought that might be the case. My sister's cat went through a similar incident a few years back and was diagnosed diabetic. Once they got him on an insulin regimen and proper diet, he dropped a ton of weight and was back to his old self.

They're amazing and fascinating creatures...I hope yours makes a full and speedy recovery.

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know exactly what you're going through. My cat of 17 years got put to sleep a week ago :( He had liver failure, and was just healthy and happy and then he all of a sudden wasn't. Unfortunately it wasn't something he could recover from and we had to make the hard decision. I hope that rose does indeed make a full recovery and you can cherish the rest of the time you spend with her. I attached a pic of my cat when he was sick.

Attachments

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Hey Indy, sorry to hear about Rose.

As the owner of a feline diabetic myself, on this we may finally find common ground. The next 48-72 hours will be critical, however they are amazingly resilient creatures. My cat was at death's door for two days, but it's now 5+ years later and he's still here to tell about it. Let's just say if you thought she was center of your universe before, you ain't seen nothing yet.... :wink:

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Good luck. I guess you already know about regular injections. They must be determining how much insulin is needed each day.

I know exactly what you're going through. My cat of 17 years got put to sleep a week ago :( He had liver failure, and was just healthy and happy and then he all of a sudden wasn't. Unfortunately it wasn't something he could recover from and we had to make the hard decision. I hope that rose does indeed make a full recovery and you can cherish the rest of the time you spend with her. I attached a pic of my cat when he was sick.

Sorry to hear that dude - it's horrible when that happens. :(

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got to visit Rose in the ICU today. They're still working on getting her blood sugar down.She has one IV in her neck and a second one in her leg. They say she is doing well and should be in the hospital a few more days. She was VERY groggy when I visited. But I know her sweet spots where she loves to be petted. So I started petting her and I could tell she was trying to open her eyes. When she finally did she looked at me and the purring machine came to life. We sat together for a little while and she never took her eyes off of me while I petted and she purred. I petted her and kept quietly saying her name until she fell asleep. I think she felt safe knowing I was there. I cried like a baby. Here she is in the hospital.

Attachments

Last edited: