My Sig (and probably those of others)

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lex,

To my knowledge no one altered your signature.

Thanks for directly answering. Someone changed it and I sure and heck didn't. Weird.

However, I will ask that you remove the link to Big D's site. I certainly can't stop him from setting up his own website, in fact I wish him success.

I am not opposed to this, and I will do it because you asked me directly. I understand that my posts are well read and that my link is how many found BD's site.

I would also like to add something:

However, if the point of his website is to leach members and generally talk about how bad this website is, I really don't think it's fair for me to give him free advertising.

What's funny is that his site had no activity and was empty before he was banned and all the usual frenzy started. There is exactly one subforum over there that is devoted about talking things here, Rob. In fact, by banning him I would say that the mods made his site popular. They proved his point and made him a martyr.

There are many many issues at play here. Look at the list of people who signed up. Many would say that 90% or more of the quality posters (many of whom have not posted seriously here in months or even years) have signed up there and are ready to "start anew."

Many of them, I doubt would want to come back here with the system as it currently stands and with some of the current players in place. The problems (spam and minors, notwithstanding) have only increased in the time we have had moderators. And as I said before, as a former Moderator, I have fully and in my own way contributed to this mess.

I was especially dissappointed in Hickboy's posts in the BD thread. I love Hick and would have expected better, even in regards to someone he disliked. It just made it all look even more like a power trip.

My personal problem with Big D was that he seemed to always be negative.

Thanks,

Rob

Sure--we are all entitled to think and feel as we wish about other posters and this is first and foremost your investment. BD was never number one on my love list, but I did come to appreciate some of his points about the way things are --and this week has sadly proven them against my sincerest wishes otherwise.

What I would ask you to consider is: if the people and system you put into place appeaar to be threatening your investment, I would hope you would consider shifting gears or directions. The place was built by the very people that the moderators have driven away.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Can I just say I may be concerned about my sig. as well, I was speaking with another member who said mine was altered and while I didn't notice I am concerned.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can I just say I may be concerned about my sig. as well, I was speaking with another member who said mine was altered and while I didn't notice I am concerned.

I would remove the BD link from your signature line as Lex has, because of what Rob_E said earlier

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

It's as if a global (or limited) search and replace has been run against the database:

It's easily done, but not quite foolproof.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To my knowledge no one altered your signature. However, I will ask that you remove the link to Big D's site. I certainly can't stop him from setting up his own website, in fact I wish him success. However, if the point of his website is to leach members and generally talk about how bad this website is, I really don't think it's fair for me to give him free advertising.

Rob, to be fair, the bit about "trouble at the mill" was there before his banning took place. Nobody had any intention of turning it into a bitch site against lpsg, but banning him pissed off most of your good members (some paying customers, some contributiong writers). You can't run a site without both, so I would assume this is distressing. It was never anyone's intention to harm you or lpsg- this is a case of reaping what has been sown.

Repeated and pleading requests to the mods for giving a simple explanation of why when someone is banned have been ignored, and we're just not going to come and play where we're treated this way- why would we? We already know we can build a site- we built this one. Personally, I'm not going to be treated like a schoolchild by anyone in a place I go to have fun. This is way out of line.

Recent events have taken me out of my coding frenzy and forced me to start thinking about changes for the forum in general. I admit that we have an imperfect system. I think that we can make this place better, and I'm going to work hard to get us moving in the right direction.
I think that's a very good idea- I'll keep a good thought for you.

My personal problem with Big D was that he seemed to always be negative.

Thanks,

Rob
Yeah, I remember you told us to dump someone and move on a long time ago. It has never been like that here, and I don't think the membership is willing to accept that. I know you probably find this stuff trivial, but it matters to US, and we're the ones who provide the pics and stories. The freedom of speech thingy is probably a deal breaker for most of us, just letting you know. Good luck in all, and I am willing to help if it would be of any benefit- just not as a mod! I'd dump the whole mod system, and just let people duke it out. Many of our most valued members have been curmudgeons, without them it gets boring pretty fast.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As someone else noted, if no one ever posts pictures, vids, personals or posts, there IS no LPSG.

Mark was not able to sell this site for the sum he did becase people never posted any of these things and those postings did not interest many people.

Once the tentative hoopla over cock dissipates--it is the community that either intices people to stay or leave.

So, when your Moderators tell us to get over it, they may as well be spitting in the face of the people that built the site they (and we all) enjoy. The fact that a mere 4 of them were here before many of the members that they dismiss arrived is even more disheartening.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Now that we know that ANY Mod can change someone's sig, that means to someone has been changing members' signatures, which, unless they contain nudity or illegal material, is NOT covered in the ToS.

As such, I think it would be more than fair to offer up an explaination of who did what, why and what can be done to prevent it in the future.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My signature has also been altered without my knowledge or permission
I noticed the change but thought you did it.

I had noticed earlier today that it was different from the signature you had last night. I still don't know what's going on.
There has to be a glitch in the coding somewhere. I am not a member of that other site and I have noticed a few minor changes in the formatting of my signature in the last 8 hours.

Has anyones signature changed who isn't a member of "olpsg"? Yes, mine, the formatting keeps changing but not the content. If someone is stirring the pot, the likelihood of it being someone affiliated towards either site is equal.
True

Is step 1 to become a paying member? Because it seems one mod is starting to think that if you don't pay, you should shut it. God I hope not! My membership just lapsed and I really can't afford to renew right now.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hope so too...

Thus far it has only been one person who has intimated that. Though he has not retracted or otherwise indicated that those are not his true feelings he is more than entitled to his opinion. It worries me that somebody who holds those views is in a position of (albeit limited) power. However, as has been pointed out more than once he was not elected and can not be recalled other than the direct intervention of one person so I will hope that those were his views as just another member and not how he acts as a moderator.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Thus far it has only been one person who has intimated that. Though he has not retracted or otherwise indicated that those are not his true feelings he is more than entitled to his opinion. It worries me that somebody who holds those views is in a position of (albeit limited) power. However, as has been pointed out more than once he was not elected and can not be recalled other than the direct intervention of one person so I will hope that those were his views as just another member and not how he acts as a moderator.

Okay, one more time, at the risk of turning anoxic and having my head "asplode": You go up in somebody else's property, take advantage of his hospitality, repeatedly insult him, repeatedly insult the other guests, you can expect to get chucked out. What's so hard to understand about that?

And don't tell me it doesn't apply here. This is private property. The owner, his moderators, and the co-admins have the right.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are problems with links at this site.

Sometimes I copy a picture link and it makes its own tag that looks something like:

www.picturehost.com or something messed up like that.

Other times it correctly shows just the URL.

Just saying, it could be a problem with the code. And if you are a member of both forums, perhaps the admin of 'the other site' could easily find your password and log onto your account here to create this kind of confusion/stir shit. Or a mod here could just as easily.

Whatever the case, I don't care. I'm astounded at this petty squabbling.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sometimes I copy a picture link and it makes its own tag that looks something like:

www.picturehost.com or something messed up like that.

Other times it correctly shows just the URL.

You can't link to the contents of your hard drive; "C:\Documents And Settings\" is a folder on your computer, and not a location on the internet.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, one more time, at the risk of turning anoxic and having my head "asplode": You go up in somebody else's property, take advantage of his hospitality, repeatedly insult him, repeatedly insult the other guests, you can expect to get chucked out. What's so hard to understand about that?

What you neglected to mention is that the guests were in fact invited, many paid an entrance fee. Also, that they in fact helped and continue to help build, decorate and maintain the house, both financially and by seeking to create a sense of community,one largely free from the shackles of conventional censorship. For a long time they also looked after the other guests because the owner was evidently disinterested, and for the most part thing went along tolerably well.

Then some bouncers were appointed. They set some ambiguous house rules (for the good of the guests) several of whom they soon showed the door, quite aritrarily it sometimes appeared. They did this without any form of explanation. Claiming they were 'only following orders', or that somehow we couldn't handle the truth.

Now it would seem they have revised the rules again to allow them to eject anyone they don't like the look of for no reason than that. Some of the remaining guests are understandably concerned and want to know why this has happened in the house they built. Or, if they are next.

You see the danger of weak analogies, they can work both for and against you.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What gets me is that the ones complaining the most are the ones who are here for free.

That perception is painfully evident and, is a rather weak argument given the only 'extra' is enhanced gallery access. It doesn't appear to buy any more of a voice in site management, or are you intimating otherwise?

I have no real interest in the gallery, though I did have one. Anyway, I used to be a Gold Member, I did so to help contribute to the site over and above posting (whether my posts contribute a useful contribution is another matter of course) but I didn't renew it. There were several reasons, none of which were financial.

I'd explain my reasons, but then I don't really owe anyone such an explaination, do I?