Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Considering that rape causes the victim to orgasm, ef ven if it's against their will, what does that say? I don't condone the act in any way that part just causes me confusion
Because physical stimulation and the conscious mind can be two very separate things. I'm not a doctor I can't explain it, but if a person orgasms it doesn't mean they are mentally enjoying it or that it's any less of an offence.

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Considering that rape causes the victim to orgasm, ef ven if it's against their will, what does that say? I don't condone the act in any way that part just causes me confusion

Orgasms are rarely a voluntary action. While we can mentally create obstacles, and we can think about nuns and puppies to distract ourselves, it is a chemical shift in our bodies over which we don't have much control.

Some people can think themselves into an orgasm, on occasion. But people don't actively usually train themselves to hate the physical sensations that cause the body to orgasm.

elvid

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The explanation is simple: humans have programmed biological responses to sex. It's analogous to programmed biological fight-or-flight responses to perceived threats. These kind of things are involuntary responses. It's nothing to do with enjoyment or pleasure.

So, there should be no confusion here: rape victims do not enjoy being raped in any way. Not consciously. Not subconsciously. Not at all.

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe not enjoy but certainly one can get over it. Everyones a victim nowadays. Its the snowflake mentality....

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe not enjoy but certainly one can get over it. Everyones a victim nowadays. Its the snowflake mentality....

64600914.jpg

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Why did you bump this pos thread?

If your google skills fail you so bad that you can't understand how an orgasm can occur during a rape, why not start a new thread about it?

Reactions: KennF

The explanation is simple: humans have programmed biological responses to sex. It's analogous to programmed biological fight-or-flight responses to perceived threats. These kind of things are involuntary responses. It's nothing to do with enjoyment or pleasure.

So, there should be no confusion here: rape victims do not enjoy being raped in any way. Not consciously. Not subconsciously. Not at all.
Exactly. It is a physical response. Like kicking someone when they tickle your feet. You do not want to kick them but your body responds that way. The same with orgasm during rape. It is a knee jerk reaction.

Reactions: ronin001 and Wave85
D

deleted924715

That is quite an astounding lack of empathy you have going on. Bravo.

I know people who are living their lives but will never 'get over it' and not because they are a snowflake in any way shape or form. Because the experience was just *that* brutal. PTSD is real.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is quite an astounding lack of empathy you have going on. Bravo.

I know people who are living their lives but will never 'get over it' and not because they are a snowflake in any way shape or form. Because the experience was just *that* brutal. PTSD is real.

He's not even worth it. He won't absorb any info from your reply and makes a habit of responding to threads about women's issues in particular with trolling remarks / comments.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Rape doesn't often cause an orgasm in the victim... however...

If a guy who is torturing you has you bound and decides to try TICKLING you... and you LAUGH... does that mean you are ENJOYING the torture?

That being said- Rape CAN cause a victim great confusion if they have a history of rape fantasy. Or if they find there is something about the experience that was exciting. ( Some people are sexually excited by pain... or by fear )

I know a woman who harbored deep fantasies of rape... and then one day when she was 19 she managed to contrive a situation in which she WAS raped ( she met and hung out with an inner city drug dealer all day- accepted free drugs from him, made out with him, went to dinner and drinks with him, went back to his apartment and got naked... and THEN she said no. )

As it turns out, she did NOT enjoy being raped at all. It was violent and traumatizing...
But that is not the reason she attempted suicide 8 times over the next 25 years.
What she refused to admit to a whole series of shrinks, until 25 years later, was that she felt tremendous guilt over her own role in getting herself raped... but even worse guilt over the fact that she Still fantasized about rape.
Couple that with her catholic upbringing and she felt she was an evil person who could not be sexually excited except by something that was actually horrible.

The Rape, she got over. The mental confusion of her own sexual fantasies not comporting with the reality of rape, and her own parochial beliefs about sexuality and religion were what caused her an unending misery of internal self torture.

This is what makes rape such a heinous crime. That it can conflate pleasure, guilt, horror, excitement and pain in ways that forever distort the victim's own perception of their own sexual interactions, their own desires.

And the key to untangling that psychic snarl is to understand that so much of what we suffer is predicated upon how we have chosen to see the world. On the beliefs we embrace as true, without realizing that they are just the narrative we accepted.
That we can chose to simply believe differently. My friend could have simply chosen to believe that Catholic sexual shame was nonsense... and that there is a distinct difference between what you fantasize about secretly wanting... and what you in actuality Do Not want at all.

Reactions: Gelflingfay
D

deleted924715

He's not even worth it. He won't absorb any info from your reply and makes a habit of responding to threads about women's issues in particular with trolling remarks / comments.

I know, you're right. The actual person I had in mind when I replied is so far from a 'snowflake' or a 'victim' that I had to reply though. A big, burly, hard-as-nails, law enforcement officer. Now. But nobody appears all of a sudden, as an adult, in a puff of smoke. We were all children and vulnerable once. Although I would like to see him call my friend a snowflake to his face.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Absolutism is equivalent to idiocy. And I am sorry- but in the scenario I am referring to... the purported victim ALSO got what you call "voluntarily" drunk. If a drunkenness means that a victim can not give informed consent- then it must ALSO have some effect on the other person involved.

If a drunken person gives another drunken person what is seen as a green light for sexual contact... your view is that one drunk is responsible and the other is not.

Of course- you COULD just run with your way of "thinking" in which case it should be illegal for ANYONE to engage in any sexual contact while under the influence of alcohol.

And once more... I am not referring to clear cases of rape. I am referring to cases like that described by the OP.

All cases of rape, Phil, are "clear cases of rape." Whether the rapist and/or the victim are drunk or not, sexual touching and penetration without permission is a crime.

Here is your problem. You write and write and don't stop and think about the fact that your whole argument is based on a fallacy. As it stands now, the law on rape is the same as the law on murder, assault, robbery and vehicular manslaughter. Intoxication of the victim and/or the perpetrator is no excuse (full stop). This is true now for rape in all states in the US and in the UK. Up until recently ideas such as yours, seeing drunkenness by one or both parties in a rape as an excuse, were common when dealing with college and university discipline. Thanks to the rage of women, those ideas have been thrown into the trash. Recent cases of intoxicated women, even unconscious ones, who were sexually assaulted on campus, though perhaps covered up initially, have been uniformly ruled criminal under the law.

There is no reason why this morality should not be applied to men as well as women, no matter what the level of the trauma is. Sex without permission is rape and is criminal. Some men are terribly traumatized by sexual intercourse without permission. Some crimes hurt some victims worse than others, but the crime is still the same. If you rob my BMW or Donald Trump's you are guilty of the same crime, whether or not he even feels the loss.

No matter what anyone's level of intoxication, you cannot act sexually upon the person of someone who has not given you permission without committing a moral and a legal crime.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This is what makes rape such a heinous crime. That it can conflate pleasure, guilt, horror, excitement and pain in ways that forever distort the victim's own perception of their own sexual interactions, their own desires.
No, what makes such a heinous crime is that someone forces them self on you (or makes you do something sexual to them) without consent. The example you have used does not speak for all rape victims, I'd say it's moreso the minority.

I have been raped and I tell you for certain that those experiences did not "forever distort my own perception of my own sexual interactions and desires".

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Remember that even A 99% straight men can be raped; It is good to know it is something that can be so easily overcome and forgotten.