My sympathy goes out to all the women who...

qwerty1234567

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
get harassed by often in the middle of the street (or wherever) by men. Often times, when I go out, I get crude comments thrown my way by homosexuals. It's not necessarily offending, but it makes me feel uncomfortable (not because I am homophobic, it's just extremely awkward). So yes, my sympathies go to those of you who deal with that petty shit on a day-to-day basis.

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't get it so much..cuz I can bust them... haha I have got whistles and meows before... and a lot of mmmmmmmm s.... which is flattering...

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why thank you, Qwerty. Actually, I hardly ever hear the comments or see the leers anymore. I've come to expect when I pass in front of two or more men that they will stare at me. I don't care anymore. I know on the beach that heads will turn. I just don't think about it unless it's really blatant, which still happens every now and then.

One thing I do rather enjoy living in a college town are the boys who are very complimentary and approach me with invitations to have a drink with them or just to sit and chat. I just think they're cute, and I'm very flattered. I've never taken them up on it, but I always thank them. But they are tenacious! LOL!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It never used to bother me. Now that I'm older, I kind of miss it....

poultrygeist

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It never used to bother me. Now that I'm older, I kind of miss it....

Same feeling here.

Oh and by the way...

<---looks at LaFemme walking down the street, lifts his hardhat, straightens up to stick chest out, raises eyebrows, smiles and then promptly whistles, whhheeee whewwwww yelling out from the construction site, "whaddya say there, sexy lady!" :cool:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oooooh.....now that feels good! :biggrin1:

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
exactly LaFemme. Enjoy the attention while it lasts. It will soon be over.
Perhaps those are not words of comfort, but they are truthful.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i hate it. i really fucking hate it. i ignore it, though i really want to go over and punch their stupid faces in. i'm not a fucking piece of meat, i do not exist merely for their viewing pleasure, and i am not flattered that some mouth breather with no class thinks i look like a page 3 girl.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
what Ms. Dolfette says.

no random asshole has ever shouted out anything that flattered me.
even worse, they single out my girlfriend. homicidal impulse is my flavor.
:irked:

thankfully i am an evil cunt. can fillet a man's dignity in five words or less :biggrin:

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
what Ms. Dolfette says.

thankfully i am an evil cunt. can filet a man's dignity in five words or less :biggrin:

Can I have that with fries?:wink::biggrin1:

poultrygeist

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
what Ms. Dolfette says.

thankfully i am an evil cunt. can fillet a man's dignity in five words or less :biggrin:

I'm with you 100% on this one. I may be a freaking flamer but I'm still married to P-gal and I will go from zero to Steven Seagal in 0.1 seconds in this situation too.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I was a snidge disappointed to read so many 'it's flattering' type comments on the first page - but then I don't get to be in charge of what other people find flattering. The problem I have with the 'it's flattering' reaction, though, is that many knuckle-dragging dingbats will read / hear that answer and apply 'it's flattering' across the board to ALL comments that could possibly be publicly made to a woman by a man or group of men.

That is NOT the case.

Whether the comment feels 'flattering' or not has a lot to do with how it is done and to whom it is done. Some women view all such comments as disrespectful and threatening. Other women have much higher tolerance levels and will only take offence if rude words or gestures accompany the 'compliment'. Others fall somewhere in the middle.

Also, whether the woman is flattered or not may depend on her mood at that particular time, on how she views the man / men making the remark - no two situations are alike. There is no rule of thumb for men to follow.

I just wish the 'it's flattering' brigade would learn to use different language - 'it's flattering' is so generic - what's flattering to you may not be to me. Why not say 'I'm flattered by it' or 'I find it flattering'. By saying 'it's flattering' one is implying that others should also be flattered and that simply isn't the case.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well not saying they should do that...but hey...take it as a compliment. Guys see guys as competition...the fact they think you're hot is a good thing. I just smile when it happens... The only time I get pissy is when people get overly aggressive, or it begins to be creepy.