My tattoos

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hello,

Some of you know me, and some of you don't, and f you know me then you sort of know what I'm like:p Right? Right.

Anyway, I've been thinking about it for a few years, and I've decided it's time to take my body on as a new medium of art... Let move past guitar, literature, drawing, painting, and all those other things, let's move onto something that will be one with myself.

I've been contemplating ideas for my tattoos, and I have a few ideas:

"Search" going up my right arm with "Destroy" going down my left, and the "&" symbol on the back of my neck. Meaning: When I make a goal for myself, or something else of that nature, I am a killing, I Search & Destroy.

I was thinking of getting my band name "Muddy Boots" tattooed on my chest or something... But bands will come and go, this ink will be forever(unless I want to cut about 3 layers of flesh out)

"Machine Gun" Tattooed on the back of my neck, the picture of a large bullet tattooed on my back, and a bulls eye on my chest. "My mind is a machingun, my body the bullet, and the people are my target". When I want to make a statment(with my art or otherwise) I seek to obliterate the minds of those who will doubt me.

Also, if you plan on making a "chhose wisely" or "you're too young to know what you want" or any of that bullshit reply, then peddle that shit somewhere else.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Also, if you plan on making a "chhose wisely" or "you're too young to know what you want" or any of that bullshit reply, then peddle that shit somewhere else.

What if I want to say, it is your body but I wouldn't do it, because I believe that tattoos should really mean something to you. Can you honestly see yourself being this "dark" person for the rest of your life? I mean, the tattoos you are suggesting kinda give off a very Dark and Bleak image.

Like I said, you are welcome to do what you wish, I just think it will be expensive and possibly not the best choice to make unless you are absolutely sure that is what you wanted. I know I have written right into your above comment, but I think alot of people will have my opinion.

Anyways, Do what you will, Josh. I am sure people will support you.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Also, if you plan on making a "choose wisely" or "you're too young to know what you want" or any of that bullshit reply, then peddle that shit somewhere else.

How about one tattoo reading "choose wisely" which runs from one nipple to the other, and another tattoo reading "I'm too young to know what I want" going across the small of your back towards your buttocks? :cool: :saevil:

Of the suggestions so far, "search & destroy" seems the most innovative/unusual... the band idea is indeed shitty imho, for the reasons you've given already... and the "machine gun" idea just doesn't get my knickers wet, it reminds me a little of the symbols on an arcade jackpot. :rolleyes:

Words going across your fingers are also too passé to be contemplated for more than a nanosecond, before we even go there. :biggrin1:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That bullseye on your chest is gonna cause some REAL PAIN brother, you don't want to be a target for the rest of your life... do you? Jung said that we as humans go through stages as we age. First off is the Warrior, then the Statesman phase, and finally the Spirit. You are in the warrior stage of your life, if all goes well, you will pass out of this phase in the next ten to 20 years. You may very well stay in the "warrior" phase for the rest of your life (no marriage, no kids, no meaningful career) as I have, but you shouldn't plan on it.

I like SEEK and DESTROY (I'm partial to Metallica) better than SEARCH and DESTROY. I'd rather be a "seeker" than a "searcher" Just say NO to the Bullseye or Bullet. Only get the words machine gun tattoed on your neck if you are a Jimi Hendrix fan, if you're not forget it. I think you should get an Evil Dead tattoo, that movie will last forever, and will still be cool as hell while it works it's way into cinematic history!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have one tattoo (since I was 19) and want 3 or 4 more (most that I have wanted since I got my first one).

Make sure that whatever you get is something you want for a long time--getting rid of them is not easy.

Here is an Idea.

Lex--who does not believe in doing anything halfway.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think you should get an Evil Dead tattoo, that movie will last forever, and will still be cool as hell while it works it's way into cinematic history!

Yeah, and when he's dead, we can slice the huge tattoo of Ash wielding a bloodied chainsaw off his back and sell it as a canvas worth who-knows-how-fuckin'-much? :cool: Just a passing thought... :saevil:

The problem with SEEK and DESTROY is that the two words are of very disparate length, and it'd be hard to balance.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
What if I want to say, it is your body but I wouldn't do it, because I believe that tattoos should really mean something to you. Can you honestly see yourself being this "dark" person for the rest of your life? I mean, the tattoos you are suggesting kinda give off a very Dark and Bleak image.

Like I said, you are welcome to do what you wish, I just think it will be expensive and possibly not the best choice to make unless you are absolutely sure that is what you wanted. I know I have written right into your above comment, but I think alot of people will have my opinion.

Anyways, Do what you will, Josh. I am sure people will support you.

These tattoos arent dark in the least, I will admit I may come off as a dark person... The "Search & Destroy" tattoo isnt just words, its a way of life for me, and its not something that I will get out of, no matter my age(or stage of rthat matter) I will always have goals, and I will always work my hardest to blast past those goals with flying colors...

And actually, I do like the idea of "I'm too young to know what I want"
Or "Choose wisely" those are actually pretty relevant. :p