My theory on the death of important people

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Okay, I've recently developed a theory on why people who are important(like Frank Zappa, Ghandi, Marc Bolan, etc.) die.

Frank Zappa died, from colon cancer, in 1993; Marc Bolan died, in a car accent, in 1977(just before his 30th birthday; Mahatma Ghandi died, as result of a gunshot from Nathuram Godse, in 1948; John Lennon died, as a result of a gunshot wound inflicted by Mark David Chapman(who was trying to impress Jodi Foster), in 1980; Jim Morrison died, from tuberculosis(judging from the blood around his mouth and nose, and the lascerations on his chest), in 1971; Janis Joplin died, from a massive heroin ovredose*, in 1970; Jimi Hendrix died, from a mixture of wine and nine vesperax sleeping pills, in 1970.

(* the heroin Janis Overdosed on was given to her by Kris Kristofferson)

Yea, all of these people died... Millions of people die all the time, right? Yea, technically you're right, but those are all ergular people... Zappa, Bolan, Ghandi, Lennon, Morrison, Joplin, and Hendrix arent just regular people though, they were very important to this world. They were visionaries and good people, they wanted to make the world a better place, they wanted everyone to live freely and have a good life... Kind of makes you wonder, doesnt it? How can so many people trying to change the world for the better end up dead before their legacy is completed? Coincidence? Fate?

One must ask themselves, what would the world be like without war? without religious wars? without destruction? A rather boring place. And thats why I believe, if there is a God, he killed them to keep peace from reigning supreme... What kind of a joke would life be with no punchline?

So he snuffs the candle of these men and women of genius, these bearers of light, these bringers of peace; he kills them all to keep himself from getting bored.

Who gave him the right?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I refuse to believe Frank Zappa is any more important than at least fifty people I can rattle off right now who all lived quite a bit longer than he did.

ditto.

Until this moment I couldn't concieve of a sentence that would include Ghandi and Frank Zappa.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
John Lennon died, as a result of a gunshot wound inflicted by Mark David Chapman(who was trying to impress Jodi Foster), in 1980; Jim Morrison died, from tuberculosis(judging from the blood around his mouth and nose, and the lascerations on his chest), in 1971.

actually, the Jodie Foster person was John Hinckley, he tried to assassinate Pres. Reagan...Chapman was obsessed with Holden Caufield from Catcher in the Rye...

and of course there's always the rumor that Morrison faked his death...the only people that ever saw his body were Pam and the doctor who filled out the death certificate, and no one has heard from that doctor since...

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
How can so many people trying to change the world for the better end up dead before their legacy is completed? Coincidence? Fate?

When they die it is purely a random occurence. Unless of course someone hates them enough to kill them, or they have drug addiction problems, diseases etc. etc. and soforth. :cool:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How can so many people trying to change the world for the better end up dead before their legacy is completed? Coincidence? Fate?
There are so many people in this world, famous or not, who are trying to change the world for the better. We may not know who they are but what they do is just as, if not more, significant than many of the people you mentioned. Fate? Coincidence? No. Everyone dies. It's the one thing in life we can count on.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you also forgot Bob Marley...and Jesus (regardless of whether you believe he was the son of God or not, he was still an important person in his time).

you can also create a list of people who just preached love & togetherness and that were killed young...some blatantly assassinated (Jesus, MLK, Gandhi, Bobby Kennedy) and others that have conspiracy theories around them (Lennon, Marley)...

like other people have said...everyone dies; many die young; therefore many important people will die young...it also depends on how you define importance...

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
harrummph. Kids today !!! Musicians are cool and make great music,
but lets not put too much importance in them.

How do you feel about Mother Tereasa ? Or any other person who
devotes their life to helping the poor ?

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
actually, frank zappa died of prostate cancer. google it.

Yea, that was a mistype, I wrote this in a hurry becuase I was getting late for work as I was typing it... And yes, he did die from prostant cancer.

But you dont have to google it, not everything on the internet is true.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I worry about when Noam Chomsky or Howard Zinn dies! Or Jimmy Carter or Seymore Hirsch!! I know what you are gettin' at Mephistopheles with this thread! Martin Luther King, Ghandi, John Lennon were all purveyors of peace! Everytime I hear "Give Peace A Chance" a little part inside of me cries a whole lot. Shouldn't an Omniscient God spare and prolong these men's lives for the benefit of mankind? Really makes you wonder...