My theory on the death of important people

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I liked all these folks as much as you do, but is there any evidence that suggests these people die off at a greater rate than anybody else in their respective age/socio-economic/ethnic/cultural groups?

not necessarily... But considering most of them died before the age of 30, thats saying something.

BTW, my list doesnt stop at just those I have named, it goes on and on, I dont figure you need me to make you a list so you can know whos important to our world.

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Prince is one of the few true (I can't think of anyone else :tongue:) true musical talents and geniuses. Prince is 48 and still making great music.

Alas, people die and it is inevitable. The question is not How or even why. It's just WHEN :tongue:

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
While I enjoy your theory, I can't believe that if these people all had an extra two decades each that the world would have been that different. You look at how many people who work for peace live a full life and yet the world continues in self-destruction. Mother Teresa brought love to one small corner of the world which she touched directly. She met with presidents and royalty, but really was only able to change her one small corner one person at a time. I doubt that Joplin or Zappa would have brought world peace or even managed to directly change one corner of the world as she did.

I am not saying that working for peace is futile or that change cannot be brought about; only that we all have as much power to change the world as any famous person. If you want to go down to the mission or a shelter and deal with the homeless and the outcast and show compassion to those dying in a hospice you would have changed the world of a person directly and would have more of an impact than any song about imagining the world without war ever could.

Just my two cents.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
While I enjoy your theory, I can't believe that if these people all had an extra two decades each that the world would have been that different. You look at how many people who work for peace live a full life and yet the world continues in self-destruction. Mother Teresa brought love to one small corner of the world which she touched directly. She met with presidents and royalty, but really was only able to change her one small corner one person at a time. I doubt that Joplin or Zappa would have brought world peace or even managed to directly change one corner of the world as she did.

I am not saying that working for peace is futile or that change cannot be brought about; only that we all have as much power to change the world as any famous person. If you want to go down to the mission or a shelter and deal with the homeless and the outcast and show compassion to those dying in a hospice you would have changed the world of a person directly and would have more of an impact than any song about imagining the world without war ever could.

Just my two cents.

The point I'm trying to make is:

How can john lennon and jfk and ghandi die from a single bulletshot wound(perhaps 2 for JFK) while that crack dealing, potfiend 50 cent gets shot 9 times and comes out with just a few scars.

(Thats not the real point of this post, it's just something that makes me angry.)

Prince is one of the few true musical talents and geniuses. Prince is 48 and still making great music.

How si it that you cant think of any? There are hundreds of musical geniuses besides Prince:

Marc Bolan of T. Rex
Glenn Danzig of Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig(who is, btw, 51 years old and still making great music(and movies might I add, and also comic books))(Who is, like prince, a self taught musician)
Frank Zappa of "And the Mothers of Invention"
Jimi Hendrix of "The... Experience"
Buddy Holly of "And the Crickets"
Chuck Berry
John Fogerty of Creedance Clearwater Revival
Eric Clapton of the Yardbirds
Jeff Beck of the Yardbirds
Jimmy Page of the Yardbirds, and Led Zeppelin
Zakk Wylde(I dont like him, but he's still an awesome musician)
Randy Rhoades(dont like him either)
Jello V. Biafra of the Dead Kennedys(not the most talented, but still fairly important)
Del Shannon
Ella fitzgerald
Louis Armstrong
Miles Davis
Billie Holiday
Ian Mackaye
HENRY ROLLINS!
David Bowier(I'm not a real fan)
Iggy Pop of "And the Stooges"
Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull
Les Claypool(yes, genius lurks in the strangest places)
Richard Hell of "And the Voidoids"
Jim Morrison of the Doors

C'mon, Prince isn't the only musical genius... I think you're just star struck when you think of that guy... And if you look at all of these other musicians, anyone of them had a great deal more influence on today's music than Prince.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The point I'm trying to make is:

How can john lennon and jfk and ghandi die from a single bulletshot wound(perhaps 2 for JFK) while that crack dealing, potfiend 50 cent gets shot 9 times and comes out with just a few scars.

I assume 50c's enemies didn't shoot to kill in his case. And why do you judge drug users , who include JFK, and John Lennon BTW, so harshly? Are you saying that if you were one of "the fates" you would have extinguished person's lives sooner because they were potheads or used illicit drugs?

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I assume 50c's enemies didn't shoot to kill in his case. And why do you judge drug users , who include JFK, and John Lennon BTW, so harshly? Are you saying that if you were one of "the fates" you would have extinguished person's lives sooner because they were potheads or used illicit drugs?

Only if they sell(or have sold) crack, and other such drugs to children...

And I'd murder a person who sells drugs to children, even if I werent a "fate"