My theory on why the average size has been "shrinking" with the years

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I often see posts here where people say that the Average is getting smaller. They say that it "used to be 6, now it's 5 1/2". I don't think it'll be 5" by 2010, gents. I think what just happened is that back in the day, there were no LPSGs or anything of the sort, so people were even less accurate with their measuring back then than they are today (which is still pretty bad, apparently). Many people probably measured from the side, from the bottom, etc...which throws things off up to an inch in most cases (I would guess).

This is just common sense though and still happens today. I really think what really made things concrete were what the LADIES had to say. They, afterall, are the ones trying them all out and forming their own opinion on what's average. Now, think about the angle a woman looks at a penis from. It's NEVER from the angle us men see it from. What's so special about the angle we see it from? The foreshortening effect. It throws us off by at least a half inch. I know that if I measure from the top, and I'm very lienent with it (without bone-pressing or whatever else there is to do), I'll get exactly 6 1/4". However if I stand parallel to a mirror and measure from where I see my penis start from that angle, I'll get at least 6 1/2", maybe a bit more. From a woman's angle, I am 6 1/2" (of course unless she's on LPSG, then she knows it's measured from the top), that's a half inch more than I see. Kind of like how 6" is half an inch more than the newly-found 5 1/2" "shrunken average", the average found in basically all the legit scientific surveys out there. So basically yeah, it obviously hasn't "shrunk", guys just most guys probably measured themselves in improper ways back then.

I bet you guys expected me to talk about our cows getting injected with growth hormones or something.
Cheers!

indeed

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lol tbh i was expecting something a little more crazy, but yeah i think your right. Its down to the ever growing open minded population, and of course the increase in sexual honesty as we all get much more relaxed about talking about what we have and what we dont. I imagine the same thing has happened to all kinds of sexual measurments, orgasm length, cock size, breat size, depth of the vagina etc. With all the equipment, magazines and websites giving/telling us the proper way to measure all this stuff it was bound to happen. Besides the average size is still screwed, the serveys are done with like 10000-100000 guys, thats no where near enough.
Something that comes to mind from saying that actually. I remember seeing something that said if you merge 10000-100000 ppls faces together in computer software it creats the perfect face, litterly beatiful. And whats more, is they did this using criminal faces from jails etc. Makes ya think huh?! hmm maybe not :D

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
LemacST, it's valid, it think. Another factors are better methods which offset self-selection bias and self-measuring exaggeration. Very few studies eliminate both of those.