My thoughts on girth

xrj789

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are some huge girths on here, but here's my opinion: I think the average girth of a guy is a lot smaller than what we on here think it is. First, there's the data from the Lifestyles Condom Survey on spring break from a few years ago. The mid-point where 50% of cocks are bigger and 50% are smaller is 4.67".

Mr. Average - The true story about penis size, from a site that isn't trying to sell you anything.

I think that's probably the best survey, but even then, I think there are probably a number of smaller guys who were dissuaded from taking the survey out of fear or embarassment.

Then my own personal experience. I'm a bigger guy (7" long) and my girth is bigger than average, but I'm only 5.2" or 5.3" around. And of the maybe 14 girls I've been with, probably 10 of them have commented on my thickness either during or afterwards. And a few of those girls had been with a lot of guys (ie, so it wasn't like they were virgins) and all of them had been with at least 2 guys before me.

Anyways, feel free to comment away. I just thought I'd throw that out there. By no means am I nearly as big as some of you dudes, but I think the average girth is a lot smaller than we think it is.

Mike7

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree that averages are probably less. I've always thought average girth was what shows on that site between 4.75-5.0. Over general population > 5" girth probably starts above average and 5.5" starts thick.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think the average girth is a lot smaller than we think it is.

I agree with this. I am no beer can (my girth is 5.75), but people always think I'm thick, men or women. I've been with plenty of guys who are longer than I am, but girths above 6 are pretty rare.

Well..... let's see if we can figure it out. Assuming most guys don't have problems with condom slippage, the average condom is probably very slightly smaller than most guys are.

I'm 4" at my thickest and have trouble keeping on a regular sized condom. I've had them slip off during vaginal sex. I'm much more secure with the (ahem) "snugger fit," models. The Lifestyles version fits me really well and that's 44mm in diameter. The average condom is 52mm in diameter. The Iron Grip version is 46mm in diameter yet I find that one too tight though I suspect it has less stretch than the Lifestyles. What is interesting to note is that the Lifestyles Snugger Fit model is the second best selling condom from Condomania. I admit they're not easy to find in stores though larger pharmacies usually carry them. It would seem to me many smaller guys are avoiding these kinds of surveys.

liberia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have a problem as my girth is over 7" and I cannot find any condoms to fit. Magnum XLs are much too small. The only thing I have managed to get on is a Femidom.

bigjpgh

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was a psych major in college with a large majority of my studies in human sexuality. Of all of the research I have seen, it seems to me that average girth is probably close to 4.5" circumference. Of course there is variation from study to study but taking that all in to account, I think 4.5" average is probably reasonably accurate.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think that mr average survey is correct. I am 7.25 x 6.25 and I am in the top 1%?????? I don't think so. other surveys showed that I was in the top 15%. I think that is more accurate. makes no difference really. it is what it is.

xrj789

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was a psych major in college with a large majority of my studies in human sexuality. Of all of the research I have seen, it seems to me that average girth is probably close to 4.5" circumference. Of course there is variation from study to study but taking that all in to account, I think 4.5" average is probably reasonably accurate.

I think this is about right.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think 1% is about right. 15% seems too high at least.

1% or 1 in 100 cocks are 8" in length so for a girth of a similar scale 1% seems about right (over 2" above average in length versus about 2" above average in girth).

Anyway, I get comments about my girth. My 'friend' keeps telling me she's fed up with guys lying about their size and she has a hard time finding anyone bigger than me. She says my cock is very thick; a lot thicker than most. In fact I think the thickest she's seen but she's only been with around 10 guys.

Most guys cocks are actually quite thin. I haven't seen any in person (well not many) but I used to watch dogging videos. The cocks there were quite thin. And short. Also since there were about ten men all stood around and most of them were on the thin side, I assume that they represent the average.

An average erect girth of 4.5-4.75" seems about right.

xrj789

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would seem to me many smaller guys are avoiding these kinds of surveys.

I think this is true as well. I would guess that any survey measuring size would tend to skew slightly higher than the actual numbers, just due to self-selection. I really think the average girth is probably 4.5" or so.

Also, a difference of even just a half-inch or more can make a big difference for a woman. At least, according to the girls I've been with, their vagina is much more sensitive to girth differences than to length (obviously, unless you have a 9" dick that really hits their cervix).

Last edited:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think that mr average survey is correct. I am 7.25 x 6.25 and I am in the top 1%?????? I don't think so. other surveys showed that I was in the top 15%. I think that is more accurate. makes no difference really. it is what it is.
What studies say 6.25" girth is only in the top 15%? I've never seen one that said 7.25" length was only top 15% either.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I thought that I had enough girth, But then my gf admited that she would prefer if I was 1" thicker instead 1" longer....

:eek: Dump her and come to me. :flirt: I am reasonably certain your cock is perfect for me. :wink:

I read somewhere on the net that the average penis girth was 4.75" that seems awfully thin to me. But I know for damn sure 6" is not average girth. I wish it was! :cool:

LotsOfFun1

Experimental Member
Media
I think people tend not to care about the girth average on a single penis. My own penis is 6.25" girth at the thickest position near the base. The rest is not that girthy. And furthermore, I would not consider myself to be girthy. I reckon the average of my girth taken along the whole length is less than 6". So in short, 6.25" may sound impressive, but because this is not the average value but rather the max value, it's not that impressive at all.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
at 6.50" at the base and at an average of 6.25" I also got looks of surprise and comments when I was single. my own wife, then my gf, commented on my girth. she said she had heard I was big, but the contrast between a thick cock on a skinny guy made it stand out more. I had some first encounters with women, (1st date, meet in a bar, etc) were the gal has reached for my crotch while we're kissing, copping a little feel and thinking not going any further. then oh!!!!, hand goes in the pants, OH!!!!!. I think I need your big dick tonite.