Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

• Caffeine. Many women complain that caffeine can make breast tenderness worse. In fact, caffeine generally contributes to breast lumpiness at any time of the month. It is especially recommended to avoid caffeine all month round if you have lumpy breasts, and for the week leading up to your period if you only have breast pain.

So ^^THIS^^ explains my big lumpy tits.

For MB, the warmth to the tits helps the best. When Hick arrives have the warming oils ready and have him massage them onto your boobs. :smile:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Going by fooobar's post, I should be walking around in permanent boob agony. The only things I'm doing right are drinking lots of water and taking B6 (through drinking caffeinated energy drinks :tongue:).

Fingers crossed that your boob pain passes quickly MB.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've found that omega oils help a lot.

Back when I was lactating, my doctor had me on black currant seed oil, which are full of omega oils. They really helped.

And recently, I've been having periods from hell -- but despite those monsters, I've had very little boob or belly pain. I attribute the lack of pain to the fact that I take a lot of omega oils, which I've been taking for years to combat muscle soreness and joint pain. (I work out with weights.)

I take 6 - 8 capsules of fish oil a day, plus a tablespoon of flax seed oil.

Omega oils help regulate hormone-like substances called prostaglandins. If these sneaking little prostaglandins are out of whack, they trigger increased pain sensation and increased inflammation. And when they are balanced, prostaglandins actually DECREASE inflammation and pain sensation.

- - - -

Hope you feel better soon.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't think fenugreek smells like maple syrup exactly, but according to the Wiki it is an ingredient in imitation maple flavoring! I would have said, curry without the hot peppers...
Oh you'd love it, Guy-Jin. Just eat more Indian food.

And I hope Manly is keeping her chest warm.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I never eat imitation maple syrup. No thank you. Real maple syrup is just too delish.

Also, what fun is curry without the hot peppers?

Also also, I am surprised people are recommending massage. My SO is sensitive to the point of not being able to handle massage at that time. Guess it varies pretty dramatically from person to person.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not a troll, but not offering to help either. I'm dealing with another sore pair that's supposed to be massaged every day, but every time I touch her I hurt her, but I still get yelled at because I'm not massaging her. FML!

Oh you big crybaby!

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
MB, I have had a similar experience that occurred after I stopped having my period, too.
What worked for me? I increased my fish oil (like Not_Punny suggested) and got some aromatherapy bath salts (Eucalyptus/Spearmint and Lavender/Chamomile) and soaked in a hot bath (as hot as I could stand) continually squeezing the water over the top of my chest so it would run down.

For me, the baths were very relaxing and relieved the pain (temporarily, but at least it was relief)

there have been lots of good options... hopefully you'll find one that works for you.

I tried to hot pad, but like you I just couldn't stand for anything to touch them. After a couple of weeks, my pain went away and I checked it off as just part of the changes that we women have to go through.

Only other time in my life I experienced it was when I was pregnant and nursing. (That was so long ago, I forgot what I did then... LOL)

good luck

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nursing... there's a thought!
keeping a cabbage in the fridge and slipping a bruised leaf inside your bra when needed. the midwife's advice, an age old remedy. i wonder if it works for regular breast pain.

cold might be better than heat anyway.