My town makes me depressed.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Junior Freesamples, Apr 26, 2008.

1. D_Junior Freesamples

Hello, what im writing here is just to vent. I have been getting kinda depressed because I feel like the only thing to do in this area is to drink. I have been single for quite some time now and I think it is because I have gotten away from the bar scene. I mean I am young , and in shape, get told im cute, hott, what/not. I just don't get it. All my friends do is go out to clubs on the weekend and drink. I dont mind going out sober but it gets old. I feel like the only way for me to meet a girl is to go out to the bars. I don't live in a huge city so you pretty much know everyone. I feel like I didnt hook up last week or the week before whats gonna change this weekend. If I had a girlfriend my life wouldnt be so boring because I could go to the park, or just hang out with her, but like I said it seems like no bar, no girl. I hate drinking, Its cool to go out and get wild once and while but I don't like to have a couple, I would rather go all out and get crazy or not drink at all. I mean really whats one drink gonna do... I also feel liek I am an outcast to society because I prefer not to drink alcohol. Maybe I need new friends or need to move away. Like I went out with some friends last weekend ...I was the DD. I was at a college bar in there area (about 30 minutes from where I live) I was pissed because I was sober and by myself the whole night, because they all new girls, the girls they new had friends and my dudes didnt even introduce me to any of them, I mean everytime I was with girls and they had friends I introduced my boys. I mean what is there to do besides go out and drink? Where can I meet a nice girl? I am in school but all the girls im friends with seem to have dudes. I see sexy girls at the gym checkin me out but it's just a wierd place to spit game. Going to the gym is about the only fun I have. I have more to rant about but it's just all balled up in my mind. I am sure I will be back to add more.

2. darkhorse72

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    do drugs.
    p.s. this is a joke.

3. ActionBuddy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dude! You are hot and smart! Get out of that home-town mentality. Move to the coast... either one!

4. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

My town is kinda like that, all we have is a bowling alley.

5. D_Junior Freesamples

I feel you on the coast thing, I would love to live on the West Coast..

6. free2jump4u

free2jump4u Member

You should rethink what IS interesting for you to do, and then go do that WITHOUT thinking about your current friends ... I had the same problem. You shouldn't even consider them. It seems they are really not considering you because they are too into themselves. By the way, learn to NOT be this way yourself.

When this happened to me, I went to study Italian in Italy. I don't know your circumstances, but maybe you could do something like this ... and what's best, instead of being sad, you are working towards a goal ... work overtime. Work does men good, I think.

What do you think???

7. fivesalive

fivesalive Member

Albums:
    get a dog, go to said park daily. at a bar you'll only meet girls who go to bars.

plus, if you are like me, the dog will make you happy.

8. a_uncensored

a_uncensored New Member

Albums:
    Youngstown & Warren are like that ... that's why I'll never go back and only visit family there.

Match(dot)com or eharmony(dot)com - also you need to figure out your own interests (not the bar thing) - focus on you, the rest with the girl will follow when you aren't even lookng for it.

9. hud01

Gold Member

You do realize that this thread is a year and half old?

10. Starryoctopus

Starryoctopus New Member

This is not a location issue its a mindset issue. How did it evolve that the only entertainment available to young teenagers and adults is getting into drinking? Its rife everywhere especially in the uk. The problem is cheap accessible alcohol and peer group pressure. If the individual is so influenced to see alcphol as the only form of life enhancement then its a sorry state of being. Nobody is forcing drink down anyones neck its individual choice. Look outside the box of 'conformity' there is lots going on in sport, the arts, leisure and entertainment, literature, live music, drama. Need I go on?

11. Darkriff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My hometown had ya beat, all we had was a DQ, and that was recent. 1300 people and one stoplight, definately nothing to do. I didn't start meeting girls till I joined the Army and left BFE Kentucky.

12. Starryoctopus

Starryoctopus New Member

So was everyone drunk all of the time?

13. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My… a surprising thread reminding me of my own situation. I hate alcohol. So I end up spending my life inside of my room. Even without my abstinence I feel like a social outcast.

But a question… If you don’t like alcohol… why do you expect to meet the girl of your dreams in a bar?

14. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I've been with my bf for almost six years and he's got two kids so he's not moving, so I spend one week out of three in Youngstown and that's about the only reason I can think of to go there. You're young and the whole world is available to you now. Relocate. :wink:

15. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    boyfriend?.......kids?...........6 YEARS?.......

wtf

why is this just coming out now?

#15 thadjock, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  16. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

It isn't. You just haven't been reading my posts very carefully. :wink:

17. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    finally there is plausible explanation for why u've never befriended me,

u might have just mentioned the jealous bf component (if only as contrived excuse). i'm not quite so challenged to be unable to grasp that concept.

18. Darkriff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Nope, it was a dry county, more like high and fucked up on coke and pot.

19. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Tj, my crush on you goes unrequited. Besides, you've never even asked. :crying:

20. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

Draft saved Draft deleted