My Vagina hurts and i'm convinced it's a cyst

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Rommette, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    About once a year every since i was 16 I would get pain in my vaginal region. I would take some gloves and a mirror and look to see if i could feel what it was. It was like a ball of something stuck inside the skin of one of my vaginal lips. I would often wonder how the hell it would get there. I wold often have trouble walking and be in pain with lots of discomfort. I did some research today and I found out what it is. It's called a Bartholin's cyst. When I was underaged I wouldn't tell anybody because adults make assumptions that when people complain about pain or soreness in their vagina that means sex. After about a week it would burst and some gross liquid would come out. Below is a link to what it looks like. I must also note mine isn't as big as the one pictured. Mine is about the size of a moth ball. THIS IS AN ACTUAL PICTURE, NOT A DRAWING!

Drainage, Bartholin Abscess: Treatment & Medication - eMedicine Clinical Procedures

and this is what wikpedia says:
    Bartholin's cyst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't have any health insurance so I can't do anything about it. I've always been told cysts were bad and it makes me think about cancer were I hear talk about cysts but i'll live....i guess .This sucks but atleast Sarah Palin is pleased to hear im not insured. Remember, budgets come before human lives.

#1 Rommette, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ouch!

I feel for you.

3. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I hurts but as long as i'm laying down i'm fine. It's no where near as bad as in the picture

4. Principessa

Gold Member

You need to go to a clinic or emergency room . . . like yesterday. It sounds to me like you probably have a boil or carbuncle. Don't try to lance it yourself as that can lead to a staph infection; and even further problems.:frown1:

5. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that Rommette will listen to common sense. Dig back a bit and see the thread on her asking for advice on letting a guy she's never met before impregnate her.

Yeah, she should have already gone to the doctor, that's obvious. But chances are she'll just keep posting about it here and do nothing.

6. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Put a hot towel on it and POP IT. I'd be having all of my surgical instruments out.

7. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Excuse me? I've never made a thread about letting a guy I don't know impregnate me. I feel my biological clock none the least but my child's father would have to be stable and someone I would know for some time before a pregnancy. Maybe you're refering to the thread in which I asked about having sex for money. If i'm not mistaken I believe in that thread I stated that I was on birth control. And in case you didnt read the end of the thread I did take the advice that lpsgers gave me and didn't do it.

Also, i'm not sure if you're trying to use reverse psychology on me...yes i am asking for advice but the final decision is left up to me so if I choose to start a thread about a cyst then I will do so. Obviously i'm not on my death bed if im replying to this thread. Perhaps you shouldn't reply to what I just said....that would be encouragement.

#7 Rommette, Aug 17, 2009
  8. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I googled homeopathic with Bartholin's cysts to see if there were any solutions.
    This one seems to make sense; it's free, non invasive and it won't mess with your body's chemistry.
    Source

Do some searches using herbal, naturopathy or homeopathy in the search line with Bartholin's cyst. There is also apparently a yahoo group for it.

I wish you luck with it.

9. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

About an hour ago I decided to take some medicine that I took for an infection I had earlier in the year and some Hydrocondone. The Hydrocodone is a narcotic so its been helping with the pain alot. Unfortunately, I don't want to go to the hospital with no insurance. I already owe like 600 bucks and i'd rather not start making bad credit before I establish any. I already tried to bust it but I couldn't. It always seems to happen on its own.

To Gillette: I will try it and see how it goes

#9 Rommette, Aug 17, 2009
  10. Opalite

Gold Member

I'd get it checked out. If it actually is an cyst or absess of the greater vastibular glands, the causes are often linked to STD's - eather way,leaving it untreated could have some very nasty effects.

Also, please do not ''pop'' it! Without propper drainage, you are really only exposing yourself to unnescesary danger. Home-surgery is not an option!

11. dolfette

Gold Member

you poor thing!

are there any women's centres/chareties you could ask?
    they might have advice on getting free or cheap care.

12. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Katt, I've been tested for std's and have been negative. like 6 tests in 2.5 yrs so im pretty sure im std free.

Dolfette, I called the Baltimore City Health Department and they didn't care. After explaining my situation and the needing of urgent care she in a very coldhearted voice simply said "we dont have any openings....call back in a week".

13. dolfette

Gold Member

in that case, move to england!
    the docs will have you sorted in a jiffy.

are there any other angles you can try?
    charities? drop in centres? family?
    what a situation...must be so stressful.

14. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    yes, not to mention that you can make payments on medical bills

15. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

How many payments can i make with 13 bucks in the bank? If I could make payments I wouldn't owe 600 bucks. That 600 bucks came from 2007

16. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I should move to england.

The Baltimore City health department is the only free place I can go to here. The most you'll get out of and women's clinic in is a free pregnancy test. Even planned parenthood has a sliding fee scale.

I sure hope they pass this health care bill. This poor kid died from a untreated tooth infection because he didn't have health insurance

Tooth Infection Leads To Maryland Boy's Death - cbs5.com

17. Patchos

Gold Member

I'm with Praying_Mantis, I'd have a go at it myself.

You can try a warm bath or holding a hot cloth to it and it might pop on it's own. It might just be a hormonal pimple and not a cyst.

18. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Here, how about i pay you $600 to have a go at it, and if i fuck it up (which is unlikely im a pro at cysts) you can afford the back up plan at the emergency room. I've been wanting to get my hand on something like that.

Seriously though, heat will cause it to mature so you can dig into it and pull the cheese out.

19. D_Tintagel_Demondong

:puke:

20. Principessa

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted