My watch fetish

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by ClaireTalon, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

No, this is neither about me liking watching other couples having sex, though that might be an interesting thing with some couples, nor is it about me liking being watched having sex.

This is about a special fetish I have: I love men wearing watches with steel wristbands, or any metal that is. I can't exactly say why, but I associate all kinds of sexy things with this. It works best if the wrist band is where its name intends it to be, at the wrist, not riding half-way up the forearm. Laugh at me if you want, but it is among the first things I check out on a man, my eyes dart to his left or right wrist and check that.

Is there anybody who has a similar like/fetish?

2. spartalee

spartalee New Member

<----runs to go get a pic of his seiko. lol

Uhm closest thing to something like that is I look at shoes. theres can be a gorgeous woman and if she has dirty shoes or something a little but of her impression is lost lol weird I know I guess its more of a looks thing than a fetish though?

3. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, most definitely. I'm pretty sure any 'fetish' I may have had crossed over to an 'obsession' long ago, however, seeing as how I own somewhere north of three dozen wrist watches (stopped counting, actually). Sorry, but it just doesn't go on my wrist unless it coordinates with what I'm wearing that day. Watch, jewelry, belt, shoes... they all must to go together. Hey, does that make me one of them met-ro-sekshuls? :rolleyes:

To me, a watch can say a lot about a person. And if you notice, politicians are great ones for wearing cheapo jogging-type watches with rubber straps that you can pick up for a few bucks at Wal-Mart. Bill Clinton -- not picking on him in particular, he just sprang to mind -- wore a cheapo for the first couple years of his presidency. Someone must have finally clued him in that it was a fashion 'don't'. I'm pretty sure Bush did the same.

So yeah, I'm frequently guilty of wrist gazing. :biggrin1:

4. SteveHd

Gold Member

Me ... and I thought no one else would have that level of interest. And I agree, metal is better. After looking at a guy's face and/or body (first things have to be first), I look for a watch and note the style and which arm.

I wear a watch primarily for fashion reasons but I only have two: dress and recreational. These days with so many electronic devices having clocks, there isn't much need for a watch but I like the look.

Attached Files:

5. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol

Believe it or not, Claire, I notice the watch as well. One of my fetishes is collecting Swiss wristwatches, almost all of which have steel bands.

6. subiedoo

subiedoo Member

I'm really into watches in this way too. A female friend of mine gets very aroused at the sight of a well built man wearing a watch. Her mind immediately takes her into a fantasy where he is on top of her, in the bed, and the arm wearing the watch is above her head supporting him on the headboard. :)

7. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow, now that deserves some in-depth psychoanalysis... :biggrin1:

*wonders where he can find someone with the same fantasy*

8. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Wow, I really wasn't prepared for seeing such a bunch of others with the same or nearly the same like/obsession/fetish. I was more prepared for replies indicating negative answers, but this really delights me.

Lately, I've given my FB a fine Citizen for hi birthday, and my other friend from Seattle (who's in nearly the same profession that I've been in) has a Sinn. Both look really good, just my FB still has to grow into it some. But I think a finger tip's distance up the arm is still tolerable.

Subiedo, I wonder if your friend is me *lol* There's really something about that sight. I don't stare at the wrist in bed, but neither would I go especially after taking it off him ;-) Really, cheap watches or obvious fakes can be such a turn-off.

9. ~quicksilver~

~quicksilver~ New Member

Don't really have a thing for watches...but I have a major thing for men's wrists. It's one of the things I notice first. I love a man who has thick wrists. Funnily I have noticed it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the man's body size....some really tall guys have skinny wrist and some short men's are thick. The best best best for me is if a man has thick wrists and hairy forearms!! Yum!

10. BigA

BigA New Member

So that $1600 Movado I bought wasn't a waste of money??:smile:

11. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I like wearing my watch. It shows off my big hands. A watch on a man is the same as a woman wearing a necklace It can be sexy......:cool:

12. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    We may lurk a lot, but we're out here. Love the topic! :smile:

Ooooh... Sinn's are deliciously cool (as are several Citizen models). Chase-Durer and Bell & Ross are two others that should be popular in your circles (speaking of salivation factor... :biggrin1:).

I wear my braceleted watches fairly loose. If you can fit a fingertip comfortably between the bracelet and forearm, it's sized about right.

Note to self: wear more watches in the sack. :tongue:

Amen, sister!

13. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    While there are many that will question your sanity, I don't. I say if it's on your wrist, it's pretty hard not to enjoy it. Not to mention the message it conveys to some...

BTW, that must be some Movado for $1600... got a pic?

14. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Bell&Ross is a little too playful for my taste. Okay, the idea is cool, but I like sticking with the more classic designs. C/D on the other hand indeed has some popularity, and is affordable, but most pilots I know are rather stuck with the classics, too, no matter what's the label. I had one from them too, with a leather strap (so this fits into the subject).

You misunderstood me. I was saying there's a finger tip's width distance between his wrist and the watch, meaning it's about that way up the arm, not a fingertip between the skin and the strap.

15. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're right, B&R seems to have deviated a bit from their traditional roots. Hadn't looked at their stuff for years until you started this thread.

The expiration of a number of Swiss patents a few years ago turned the watch industry on it's ear. Certain movement complications that previously couldn't be touched for thousands of dollars were suddenly appearing in watches costing just a few hundred. That in turn caused a number of the old mainstay companies to get their acts in gear and start creating some new designs, which to me can cut both ways. I can think of at least one company that's cranking out dozens of new designs per month and it's pretty tough to compete with that when by and large society has the attention span of a gnat and is constantly seeking something "new".

I understood you. I was just providing the general rule of thumb used for proper sizing of a bracelet, which directly relates to how far up the forearm it will ride. I didn't quite follow the "growing into" part of your earlier post, however...

16. Wrat

Wrat New Member

Albums:
    As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
    I like my chase-durer. It's got a little e6B rule on the bezel.

17. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

My pilot friend, Frank, likes his Sinn. Unfortunately they have type numbers instead of names, so I can't tell you which one, but his has a steel wristband. He also has a classic Breitling Fighters, but his complaint is that the faces of Breitling watches usually are anything but readable, except for a few exceptions. By the way, in a case of ultimate extravagance, I've afforded myself a Breitling Cockpit Windrider Lady. A good watch, but indeed: Others are more readable.

18. Wrat

Wrat New Member

Albums:
    I'm too old to try to read small print in a small plane. It's a cool watch though.

19. Pirate Wench

Gold Member

This is a favorite of mine.....
    A bit pricey tho'.

Mont Bland 18K gold Chronograph with 18K metal band.

Mont Blanc Sport Gold Chronograph 07146 - AU$24,155.10 : U Want It - We Got It, Your Online shop that makes a difference

Breitling has some real stunners too.

Since I'm a Russell Crowe fan, I just happen to know he owns the large size of this Rolex Yacht Master stainless watch with a platinum dial.
    Stock #RYM27.  ROLEX YACHT-MASTER (REF #16622) - TimeMerchants.com
    He owns several Panerai watches also.

20. Wrat

Wrat New Member

Albums:
    I've also got this really cool Rolex from the 50s that my father wore in Korea and Vietnam. Mechanical and really cool. Keeps great time too.

Draft saved Draft deleted