My weather woes

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_smack ash, Jan 7, 2009.

1. D_smack ash

D_smack ash Account Disabled

For the most part, at least 3/4 of you all dont know me. Some do and i have pestered some:biggrin1:. I live in Spokane Washington. Its a city of over 200,000 people. The county has about 400,000 total. Begining Dec 16th we began to get snow. Then every day more and more and more. In one day before xmas we recieved 12 inches in a 20 hr period. By the end of last week we had 81 inches on the ground. Supermarkets and strips malls,small bussiness and houses were caving in from the weight. Schools were closed longer than there break.And now the soo called Pineapple express from hawaii is moving in. We now have flooding and buildings are now leaking. The west side of the state is flooding as well. And just to back up. Seattle recieved last month almost 20 inches of snow. I am ready for warm weather. Or to go back to Jamaica for 3 months. So thats my woes. Thanks for letting me ramble. Hope your weather is better for the most part Mike

2. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Sorry to hear that it sucks where you are.

It's my first winter in Florida and I love it. Today they broke a record high in Miami and Fort Lauderdale of 86 degrees. It was cloudy and not that hot. I didn't even need the AC today. This evening it is comfortable and 65 degrees right now.

3. Long&Thick

Long&Thick New Member

You know, I love snow, the Winter season is my most favored time of the year. I don't have to worry about sweating. I can wear comfortable, fuzzy clothing. Plus, I enjoy the landscape after a fresh snowfall. However, there is too much of a good thing in this case and I think you people in Washington (I think Chicago area was hit hard too right? Along with New England?) got a bad case of it this year. Hopefully everything will be righted here in a few months, spring is just around the corner. I hope everything gets better for you all up there:frown1:

4. Xcuze

Gold Member

Lucky you! :eek:

Pics please... :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted