My whole life is devoted to sex yet I am virgin?

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think I was socialized properly at youth either my parents divorced when I was 1 and I was abused I was always shy too. I also grew up with women I didn't see my dad I lived with grandma, mom, sister and all four of my cousins are women.

I'm not depressed or desperate I am very happy with my life I am proud to be virgin. I care what people think but I have a lot of questions and its more important for me to know than to make everyone happy. I will definitely keep this is mind and am open to your concerns. What type of professional help do you recommend and how does one go about receiving it?
I wanted to answer here earlier, but something came in between and i forgot.
Now you are banned, but you might still read this.
So i am taking a shot and make the effort in the hope you will notice.

This response to me was a good sign, because you were critical of yourself and did not react defiantly. Always a good first step.

I still see some tendencies that could indicate a depression.
Not everyone who suffers from that knows it instantly or does really feel down and depressive all the time.

However what i am quite sure about is, that you are obsessed with sex and sexual topics, that you even seem a little illusionary when you list your numbers of expected gains, loses or other changes about your body.
I think this all goes to an extend where it would be considered a neurosis.
The reason might be infantile trauma and unsolved complexes.
Saying that you were abused as a child does point in that direction, also a post you made describing a dream containing sexual activities with your family members. From what you described how you were brought up and in what surrounding, knowing that you are a regular at church and have taken to the christian understanding that a man should be the leader of a family.
It might be some sort of a Oedipus complex, now it wouldn't be the classical freudian case as the rivalry to your father is missing, but the desire to become the man of the house including the sexual means while being restricted through the fact that it were your mother, your grandmother and sister you were sharing that house with might still be unresolved and possibly has grown into this neurosis. But this is all a big load of speculation.

I don't know enough about you, and it wouldn't be possible over the internet anyway.

Now what kind of help would be best for you is a difficult question.
That it should be a psychologist is pretty clear, but what kind?
That is depending on you, it is very hard to find one that is good for one.
Because from all the qualification they must have, they must click with you, you must be able to be truthful and trusting with them, you must believe in them and their methods. I would advice to do a little research on the different schools of psychology, and decide what you think fits you the best, then go on and try to find a therapist that works for you.
I can tell you i favor the individual psychology over the schools of Freud and Jung, but that won't help you very much as you need to find what is best for you.