My wife's past...

curiositykilledcat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dude, insecure people just have to suck it up. True story. They have to look inside, figure out why they are the way they are, and do something about it. No one is responsible for their wholeness and confidence but they. When drama-bombs who can't let go of little things that don't mean anything learn to let go of the bullshit and embrace the little miracles life throws at us all, the world will be a better pace, and people will stop doing awful fucking things to each other. Okay, that's just my utopian fantasy. Many people are too lazy to do the hard work of growing up, and so it will never happen. (To be clear, I'm not saying the OP is a drama-bomb, or too lazy to grow up. That part of my post is a generalization which may or may not apply to the OP.)
That's amongst the most callous things I've ever read. Amongst those lines then, people with depression should just cheer up? People with ADD should just calm the fuck down?

Okay, granted, people who are insecure about certain things choose to be insecure (there's no such thing as secure or insecure "people," just insecurities about certain things). But then, people who are fat chose to be fat, people who drink chose to drink, people who smoke chose to smoke? To some level, yes, that's true, but for many people, it's very difficult to "chose" not to be fat, to stop drinking, to stop smoking.

Are you saying you have NO insecurities whatsoever? No excess weight? A higher achieving co-worker or rival? If that's the case, then that in itself is a form of insecurity...the fear of having a weakness.

It's okay to be insecure. It's a part of the human psyche, a mechanism that helps us adapt to the environment. If we did not feel insecure about the neighboring village with the better weapons, our village would very soon not exist.

It's all about how people deal with their insecurities. My father would always put me down about being stupid and weak. So, I strive to prove him wrong. I worked hard, scored 1410 on my SATs, and graduated from an Ivy League school. I work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, and now I can bench press 315# 3 times (plus, I'm compensating for my small dick).
That's how I chose to deal with my insecurity on those two issues.

Others might deal with it differently. Some people just give up. Yeah, you could say to someone who is dumb and weak, "suck it up. read a fucking book, and go to the fucking gym," but is that healthy?

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's amongst the most callous things I've ever read. Amongst those lines then, people with depression should just cheer up? People with ADD should just calm the fuck down?

Okay, granted, people who are insecure about certain things choose to be insecure (there's no such thing as secure or insecure "people," just insecurities about certain things). But then, people who are fat chose to be fat, people who drink chose to drink, people who smoke chose to smoke? To some level, yes, that's true, but for many people, it's very difficult to "chose" not to be fat, to stop drinking, to stop smoking.

Are you saying you have NO insecurities whatsoever? No excess weight? A higher achieving co-worker or rival? If that's the case, then that in itself is a form of insecurity...the fear of having a weakness.

It's okay to be insecure. It's a part of the human psyche, a mechanism that helps us adapt to the environment. If we did not feel insecure about the neighboring village with the better weapons, our village would very soon not exist.

It's all about how people deal with their insecurities. My father would always put me down about being stupid and weak. So, I strive to prove him wrong. I worked hard, scored 1410 on my SATs, and graduated from an Ivy League school. I work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, and now I can bench press 315# 3 times (plus, I'm compensating for my small dick).

Others might deal with it differently. Some people just give up. Yeah, you could say to someone who is dumb and weak, "suck it up. read a fucking book, and go to the fucking gym," but is that healthy?

If you or anyone else has an insecurity, who's job is it to fix it? Your wife/gf/bf/husband/boss/co-worker? No it's your job to fix yourself. No one can fix you but you. Either suck it up or get help in learning how to deal with it but don't blame it on another person.

Last edited:

backwoodsstud

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you or anyone else has an insecurity, who's job is it to fix it? Your wife/gf/bf/husband/boss/co-worker? No it's your job to fix yourself. No one can fix it you but you. Either suck it up or get help in learning how to deal with it but don't blame it on another person.
Well said!bravo!

D_Phallus P Phyllum

Experimental Member
Media
If you or anyone else has an insecurity, who's job is it to fix it? Your wife/gf/bf/husband/boss/co-worker? No it's your job to fix yourself. No one can fix it you but you. Either suck it up or get help in learning how to deal with it but don't blame it on another person.

There is some truth in this BUT when someone you are close to has CAUSED the insecurity, if they care about you, they really ought to help you find peace with the issue.

I really, really doubt you are such a hard-nut that when someone close to you insults you (for example) you silently 'suck it up' and 'deal with it' every single time, and don't expect any support or apology from your companion. However, if you DO do that, they you're probably something of a brute, who thinks nothing of insulting others either.

"If I say or do something that hurts your feelings, it's YOUR problem not mine." - is that the attitude you are advocating? If so, then you're a most likely a bully.

But I don't believe you're really like that, unless you are a deeply traumatized person. It's not a naturally human way to behave - we ARE sensitive, vulnerable beings, that have to face insecurity and uncertainty every day. This is true of women and men.

Last edited:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well for starters women don't know how big a guy's penis is. Most guys know how big their dick is but they either measured wrong or purposely lie to women.

So he was probably not 10". As for fucking the shit out of someone, anyone can do that. Plus not all girls like the hard fucking you know.

‪Tenacious D - fuck her gently‬‏ - YouTube

It might sound cliche but it's true (that's why it's cliche) but truth is that she is with you, hopefully exclusively.

If the marine was so great she'd be with him but she's with you.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Off topic and maybe deserves it's own thread, but am I the only one discouraged by the acceptance of many women (whether it be the OP's wife or other posters) who seem to think it is perfectly fine to basically fuck everything in sight up until they are in a "committed relationship"? This guy says he had been dating this girl, and yet she is still getting fucked by other guys on the side but that's fine just because they weren't "committed"? I realize the OP said he didn't have a problem with that, but I guess if it was me I would have a problem with that. If I'm dating someone and found out they were fucking other people, I would no longer be interested. This idea that I have to convince a girl to stop fucking other people and just be with me seems a little off putting. I know a friend a mine went on a date with a girl a few months ago and he said that she casually dropped that she had a fwb and I know my friend was completely turned off to hear that. I'm sure people will respond back and say men will fuck other people too until they are in a "committed relationship" but I don't really care because I'm not interested in men and as for me personally, I have always been a one woman guy. So I dunno, it is what it is I guess. Just have to hope that whatever girl I may be interested in for the future isn't casually fucking some marine with a 10 inch dick without letting me know.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Did you ever stop to think that she was lying to her friend? Seriously, everyone over estimates the size of cock all the time and the dude was probably more like 6.

You really need to let this go or you're going to end up ruining your marriage.

this is pretty true, the stereotype about women not being able to figure out what size something is by looking at it, is totally accurate

MistressMel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Seriously how did you expect to feel after snooping through her emails?

It never ends well when you snoop!!!

What is the big deal your married to her, it's not like she left you for the marine with the no doubt exagerated 10" cock.

At the end of the day she is with you so everything else shouldn't matter. What is in the past should stay there!! Be happy you have her and stop stressing over the fact she fucked a marine with an apparently 10" cock.

You were both young, we all do stupid shit when we are young. Maybe she felt things were so right with you and was a little scared. So she went and did something that she no doubt regrets and doesn't want to admit to.

But like I said just be happy that you have her that has to out do the fact she fucked a marine seriously!!!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you really comparing the OP to the mentally ill and disabled? I wonder how he'd feel about that.

There is a such thing as an insecure person. The difference between an insecure person, and one with insecurities is the level to which the little things get to them. Insecure people wallow. Secure people with insecurities do not let their negative thoughts and feelings interfere with their enjoyment of life.

Why do you insist on comparing apples and oranges anyway? How is addiction comparable to insecurity? How is mental illness comparable? Disability? You make no sense to me.

I am not insecure about things I perceive as flaws or shortcomings. Even your examples disgust me. You would feel insecure about a rival or higher-achieving co-worker? I would be happy for them and depending on the situation, I'd ask them to help me. I do have excess weight. So I jog. I did a marathon this January. I go to the gym most days out of the week. I watch what I eat. And I go to the nude beach and lay around naked anyway. And when I was single, I hit on dudes and if they liked what they saw, great. If not, I moved on. Life is too short to let a little adipose tissue stand between me and things I want to do. When I don't like something about myself, I accept it if its permanent, and work on it if it is fixable. But why worry? What's that going to do besides feel bad?

Sure. It's not okay to be an insecure person though. Insecure people take insufficient responsibility for their lives.

That's because maybe you are a secure person who has insecurities. Instead of moping about having a mean dad, and being scrawny, you worked hard to be a person you could feel good about being. You took responsibility.

Some people need to hear solutions. Some people need to hear that they have the option to look for solutions. I offered the OP a solution: accept facts. The truth is, his facts are not bad. He has an average sized penis. It satisfies his wife, and if it didn't, well, he already knows she had options. It's not like he married some desperate person who was just taking what she could get. She chose him, continues to choose him, and since he chooses her too, he should really learn to appreciate that, and stop letting fear ruin the fun.

There is some truth in this BUT when someone you are close to has CAUSED the insecurity, if they care about you, they really ought to help you find peace with the issue.

I really, really doubt you are such a hard-nut that when someone close to you insults you (for example) you silently 'suck it up' and 'deal with it' every single time, and don't expect any support or apology from your companion. However, if you DO do that, they you're probably something of a brute, who thinks nothing of insulting others either.

"If I say or do something that hurts your feelings, it's YOUR problem not mine." - is that the attitude you are advocating? If so, then you're a most likely a bully.

But I don't believe you're really like that, unless you are a deeply traumatized person. It's not a naturally human way to behave - we ARE sensitive, vulnerable beings, that have to face insecurity and uncertainty every day. This is true of women and men.
Nobody caused Wilson's insecurity but himself. Did his girlfriend flaunt her other lovers? Did she treat him fairly within the parameters of their relationship? Didn't he in this very thread (as if he had to) admit that insecurity led him to snoop through her email in the first place? Give me a break. He was an insecure young man before he found out what her private conversations with her best friend were like. He was looking for something to feel badly about and he found it. Suddenly that's her fault? What is she supposed to do that she hasn't done? He asked her if she was a size queen, and she said she wasn't. You claim her word was good enough to cause him to be insecure, but her word suddenly wasn't good enough to take it away? I mean, make up your mind, man! Newsflash: Other people don't make you feel anything. You respond to stimuli the way you respond to it, and only you can make yourself respond any other way. Now, people are still responsible for how they treat other people, sure. But Wilson was free to see other people too, and in the end, he has chosen to be more impressed by a few words about someone else than the fact that his wife chose him and has stayed by his side for 8 years of marriage. It is time for him to choose something else. Or not. He can keep suffering if he wants to.

How do I respond when someone insults me? Well, I'm not sure how that's relevant. No one insulted him. He simply wasn't mentioned in a conversation that wasn't about him nor addressed to him, nor had in his presence. If he perceived an insult, the insult originated inside himself. Honestly, it has everything to do with him. He has no choice but to just find a way to get over it. If he can think of something he'd like his wife to do to help him feel better, he should ask her for it. But he's the one who has to figure out why he's this upset over not being mentioned in a conversation had by a girl he was just seeing (not even exclusively) ten years ago, especially since that woman clearly liked him enough to fuck him daily, and later to marry him.
Off topic and maybe deserves it's own thread, but am I the only one discouraged by the acceptance of many women (whether it be the OP's wife or other posters) who seem to think it is perfectly fine to basically fuck everything in sight up until they are in a "committed relationship"? This guy says he had been dating this girl, and yet she is still getting fucked by other guys on the side but that's fine just because they weren't "committed"? I realize the OP said he didn't have a problem with that, but I guess if it was me I would have a problem with that. If I'm dating someone and found out they were fucking other people, I would no longer be interested. This idea that I have to convince a girl to stop fucking other people and just be with me seems a little off putting. I know a friend a mine went on a date with a girl a few months ago and he said that she casually dropped that she had a fwb and I know my friend was completely turned off to hear that. I'm sure people will respond back and say men will fuck other people too until they are in a "committed relationship" but I don't really care because I'm not interested in men and as for me personally, I have always been a one woman guy. So I dunno, it is what it is I guess. Just have to hope that whatever girl I may be interested in for the future isn't casually fucking some marine with a 10 inch dick without letting me know.
I don't know about you, but I don't equate sex with love, and nobody's sex is so good that I want to stop having it with others, just 'cause. I don't require that a sexual partner be the kind of person I want to make a life with; I only require they be the kind of person I want to have as a friend. The difference between dating and having a formal relationship is thatdating is an exploratory phase. Some people don't rush into an exclusive relationship with someone just because they get along for a couple of weeks. Some people continue to explore their options until they are sure about someone.

D_Phallus P Phyllum

Experimental Member
Media
Are you really comparing the OP to the mentally ill and disabled? I wonder how he'd feel about that.

Indeed. And I wonder how someone diagnosed as mentally ill (from homosexuality, say, in the 1960s) would feel about your use of the term as a stigma? Do people diagnosed as mentally ill or disabled really disgust you so much? There are people on this site who have been diagnosed as both mentally ill, AND disabled. I'm sure they will be thrilled with the condemnation you associate with these terms.

Why do you insist on comparing apples and oranges anyway? How is addiction comparable to insecurity? How is mental illness comparable? Disability? You make no sense to me.

Again, the members of this site who have been diagnosed as mentally ill (from suffering depression perhaps) or disabled will be excstatic that you view them as so very, very different to us 'normal' people; you say it's like comparing "apples and oranges" - how sweet of you!

There is a such thing as an insecure person. The difference between an insecure person, and one with insecurities is the level to which the little things get to them. Insecure people wallow. Secure people with insecurities do not let their negative thoughts and feelings interfere with their enjoyment of life.

You make this diagnosis, how exactly? Is it a medical distinction? Is being an "insecure person" a permanent affliction? Is the cause biological? Are people born this way?

I'm being sarcastic of course - "insecurity" is not a psychiatric diagnosis, and never has been. You're talking shit.

It's not okay to be an insecure person though. Insecure people take insufficient responsibility for their lives.

There is no such thing as "insecure people". Even the psychiatric industry, which makes all of its money from creating new diagnoses it can prescribe drugs for, has not yet defined the label "insecurity" as a mental condition that requires treatment.

AlteredEgo, it's clear you've really not got a great deal of empathy. People, for you, can be put into seperate boxes - there are "insecure people" and "non-insecure people", "mentally ill people" and non-mentally ill people". To you, such people are as different to each other as "apples and oranges", and can't even be compared.

I am not insecure about things I perceive as flaws or shortcomings. Even your examples disgust me.

Wow, what an utterly impenatrable emotional fortress you are! "A rock, that feels no pain, and island that never cries." You're invincible!

Oh but then you say : -

I do have excess weight. So I jog. I did a marathon this January. I go to the gym most days out of the week. I watch what I eat.

So why suddenly bring this up, if you are not insecure about anything?

It's clearly an issue for you; but it's an issue which you are trying to claim 'is not an issue'. It's so 'not an issue' that you never even think about or mention it, except that you just did, at some length, then go on to explain why it doesn't even bother you, even though it clearly does.

You're contradicting yourself here. You're bullshitting both US and YOURSELF. You ARE insecure about your weight, which is why you have brought it up here.

AlteredEgo, you are someone who is in denial about their own feelings an insecurities, so you are absolutely the WRONG person to be giving advice. You haven't dealt with or accepted your own issues, instead pretending you are 'not insecure about your insecurities', which is a total contradiction. It's no wonder, then, that you lack the ability to empathize, because your awareness does not even reach yourself, as it's blocked by your own denial. No wonder you say callous and unhelpful things like "suck it up" and "deal with it".

Last edited:

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you or anyone else has an insecurity, who's job is it to fix it? Your wife/gf/bf/husband/boss/co-worker? No it's your job to fix yourself. No one can fix you but you. Either suck it up or get help in learning how to deal with it but don't blame it on another person.
It would depend on the insecurity and the reason for which it exists. If I'm insecure about my physical safety because my guardian beats me with a phone book every night, my insecurity has a perfectly valid reason to exist. If I'm insecure about my appearance despite being far more attractive than the average, maybe my caprice is mine to conquer.

Trying to label insecurity as a uniform character defect is strange. The OP doesn't believe his sexual value is enough to keep his wife, and that's a combination of his low self image (something he can work on changing) and his wife's signalling (something he can't) that that's the case. The relative weight of those factors is something that's only been hinted towards, but most people have decided that there's a substantial bias towards self recrmination in the first post of the thread, and I'd agree with the limited information presented.

That said, there's plenty we don't know and a huge supply of people who are willing to excoriate the OP without inquiring further into the circumstances which prompted the post. Attempting to dismiss a valid analysis of the rationality of insecurities in certain instances with moralistic arguments doesn't advance the discussion or find a solution other than ignoring the need for one.

At the end of the day, the thread's objective should be to help someone. Even if you're right about this being a purely personal perspective issue, delivering it like a spear jab aimed at the heart isn't likely to help.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media

Please remove your misogynistic horse blinders before posting. Or dating for that matter.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
dude, insecure people just have to suck it up. True story. They have to look inside, figure out why they are the way they are, and do something about it. no one is responsible for their wholeness and confidence but they. when drama-bombs who can't let go of little things that don't mean anything learn to let go of the bullshit and embrace the little miracles life throws at us all, the world will be a better pace, and people will stop doing awful fucking things to each other. Okay, that's just my utopian fantasy. many people are too lazy to do the hard work of growing up, and so it will never happen. (to be clear, i'm not saying the op is a drama-bomb, or too lazy to grow up. That part of my post is a generalization which may or may not apply to the op.)

Aim. Shoot. Score.

D_Phallus P Phyllum

Experimental Member
Media
Aim. Shoot. Score.

Not really, since AlteredEgo already demonstrated his own emotional immaturity, in claiming that he has no insecurities about his shortcomings, only to go on at length about insecurity related to his weight.

To claim not to have any insecurities about one's short comings, only to bring up the very idea of having a "excess weight" and what lengths he goes to to address the issue, is an obvious contradiction. Clearly, excess weight is something AlteredEgo is insecure about; indeed, the very fact he sees it as a shortcoming in the first place indicates it's a source of insecurity. It's absolutely possible to be fat, and really not give a shit, in which case one does not perceive it as a shortcoming at all.

Here's what he said : -

I am not insecure about things I perceive as flaws or shortcomings. Even your examples disgust me. ... I do have excess weight. So I jog. I did a marathon this January. I go to the gym most days out of the week. I watch what I eat. And I go to the nude beach and lay around naked anyway.

Why so much focus on the matter, unless it is a source of insecurity? Why is it perceived as a 'flaw' at all?

Clearly AlteredEgo is insecure about his appearance, and how other people see him, so he perceives his weight as a 'flaw'. It is perceived as a flaw *because* it is a source of insecurity. So AlteredEgo's claim that he is "not insecure about things [he] perceives as flaws or shortcomings" is untrue, and indicates a real lack of self awareness.

Last edited:

D_Phallus P Phyllum

Experimental Member
Media
Please remove your misogynistic horse blinders before posting. Or dating for that matter.

There was nothing remotely misogynistic about what KTF40 said. Look again : -

I'm sure people will respond back and say men will fuck other people too until they are in a "committed relationship" but I don't really care because I'm not interested in men and as for me personally, I have always been a one woman guy.

Would you still see this as misogynistic if a lesbian had said exactly the same thing?

Clearly you wouldn't. Therefore the fact you think this is a misogynistic statement when a man says it, but not if a woman were to say it indicates that you are in fact being negatively sexist towards men here.

So please keep your misandry to yourself, BBW36.

Thegirlforyou

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
WOWl...

You're one to watch out for, damn I would never wanna cross you the wrong way in life. You're giving him horrible advice btw. You are basically setting him up to end his relationship eventually with her following the advice you gave him.

I agree and I have to say that most women would NOT do that. OP should respect his wife's privacy more and work on his insecurities. OP have you never fantasised about a woman? Should your wife be able to see into your head and hold it against you? Really?

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
There was nothing remotely misogynistic about what KTF40 said. Look again : -

Would you still see this as misogynistic if a lesbian had said exactly the same thing?

Clearly you wouldn't. Therefore the fact you think this is a misogynistic statement when a man says it, but not if a woman were to say it indicates that you are in fact being negatively sexist towards men here.

So please keep your misandry to yourself, BBW36.

How was it not misogynistic? He clearly states that he doesn't care what men do because HE'S not interested in them. That is absolutely fucking misogynistic. Allow me to turn the tables for argument's sake:

"I don't care what the OP's wife does because I'm not interested in women."

If that doesn't scream misandry to you then I don't know what to tell you. All I know is you can't cherry-pick sexual morals based on personal gender preference, it doesn't work that way.

The key piece of his statement is that he's not interested in men so he doesn't care. This makes your lesbian argument invalid unless she was made this statement about men. And YES, I would consider it misandric and I would call her out on it.

I'm not even going to bother addressing your accusations of misandry. One peruse through my blog and post history would disprove any such notion. It matters not what you think of me, my feelings won't be hurt.

D_Phallus P Phyllum

Experimental Member
Media
How was it not misogynistic? He clearly states that he doesn't care what men do because HE'S not interested in them. That is absolutely fucking misogynistic.

I'm not sure you understand what misogynistic means then. There is nothing in his comment which directs hatred at women. He's just saying that male sexual behaviour is not so relevant to him, because he doesn't have sex with men. In the same way that aligator sexual behaviour might also not be relevant to him.

This statement by atlclgurl is *absolutely* misandric though, and something you never cared to point out.

All you men like to have the ability to bang whoever you want, whenever you want, even if dating a girl, often times saying "we're not serious" when hitting on a girl that you just met and then there's the made-famous-by-"friends" cop out of "We're on a break."

"All you men" she states curtly - ignoring the fact that many men DON'T behave this way.

So you were happy to call out KTF40 for misogyny, but NOT atlclgurl for misandry, in this thread. That somewhat makes your statement -

All I know is you can't cherry-pick sexual morals based on personal gender preference, it doesn't work that way.

- to be a total lie, and also invalidates your claim that if a lesbian had said the same thing as KTFC40 you -

would consider it misandric and I would call her out on it.

You failed to call out the misandric atlclgurl earlier in this *very* thread, so I don't believe you would have called out a lesbian making the same statement.

I still don't see KTFC40's comment as misogynistic - he's just saying that stereotypical male behaviour is not his primary interest, particularly as he doesn't behave that way himself - but atlclgurl's statement is undeniably misandric.

Double standards again, BBW36! You seem to be good at them!