My Wifes Work

B_werfghj

Experimental Member
Media
SO, I planned a huge surpirse party for my wife last weekend, I sent out flyers, and spoke to probobly 20 people at her work, ( there are 5 retail locations ) they all said they would attend, so i figured about 50+ people out of a company of around 90 people would be there, I spent hundreds of dollars on food, and kegs, and booze.
and NOT A SOUL from her work showed up, she has been there for years.
everyone seemed to have a excuse why they didn't come, but here is the RUB.
the Guy she was seeing on the side has been with the company for EVER, I think he had something to do with it,
and to throw salt in the wound, I found out that last nite, one of HER employees had a surprise party, that EVERYONE attended, and nobody bothered to tell my wife.
what do you guys think? think that dude is trying to sabotage her social life? :grr:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Probably. Ex-boyfriends can be vindictive. Even slutty ones like him. Not as vindictive as ex-girlfriends, mind you, but still vindictive.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah sounds like he's trying to cause your wife and you some pain. Rise above it and ignore him, maybe steer clear of events organised around your wife's work for a while til the guy calms down, if he does. Keep it to friends and family affairs. What he did was shit though, some people are like that (dick heads :D)

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can certainly see how he might be trying to have other employees ostracize her in some way. I could also imagine how, if the coworkers are aware of the relationship troubles that have been going on, they wouldn't want to have to "choose sides" or be perceived as doing so.

Or that they are trying to stay out of a touchy situation--duck and run, so to speak. If these coworkers are aware of the friction between you and your wife, they may be hoping to steer clear for fear of saying the wrong thing or causing trouble. Human nature, maybe.

Either way, I truly hate that you invested so much time, cash, and energy for people who didn't follow through.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Correct me if I'm wrong there, Dan, and I might be, but didn't you have a problem with some other putz who kept constantly hitting on your wife at work?

Maybe the petty little shit somehow underminded her coworker's desire to got to the party. Then maybe not.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Plus I am sure he is being a little vendictive plus I am sure he would feel uncomfortable in a social setting w/you there...I know I would worry about you getting drunk and saying something to me if I was in his situation...Keep doing what you are doing and hold the course...