Myers-Briggs

Hryblkone

Sexy Member
Media
You know, I've been put through several tests like these since I was 8 y.o. They even gave me a rorschach test back then to determine my (potential?). So I've never put my faith in such tests. Sidebar: The Goodwill program has you determine your personality type before you can obtain public assistance. God, this world is so dependent upon titles and status it's sometimes not worth living in.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Portrait of the Teacher Idealist (eNFj)

The Idealists called Teachers are abstract in their thought and speech, cooperative in their style of achieving goals, and directive and extraverted in their interpersonal relations. Learning in the young has to be beckoned forth, teased out from its hiding place, or, as suggested by the word "education," it has to be "educed." by an individual with educative capabilities. Such a one is the eNFj, thus rightly called the educative mentor or Teacher for short. The Teacher is especially capable of educing or calling forth those inner potentials each learner possesses. Even as children the Teachers may attract a gathering of other children ready to follow their lead in play or work. And they lead without seeming to do so.
Teachers expect the very best of those around them, and this expectation, usually expressed as enthusiastic encouragement, motivates action in others and the desire to live up to their expectations. Teachers have the charming characteristic of taking for granted that their expectations will be met, their implicit commands obeyed, never doubting that people will want to do what they suggest. And, more often than not, people do, because this type has extraordinary charisma.
The Teachers are found in no more than 2 or 3 percent of the population. They like to have things settled and arranged. They prefer to plan both work and social engagements ahead of time and tend to be absolutely reliable in honoring these commitments. At the same time, Teachers are very much at home in complex situations which require the juggling of much data with little pre-planning. An experienced Teacher group leader can dream up, effortlessly, and almost endlessly, activities for groups to engage in, and stimulating roles for members of the group to play. In some Teachers, inspired by the responsiveness of their students or followers, this can amount to genius which other types find hard to emulate. Such ability to preside without planning reminds us somewhat of an Provider, but the latter acts more as a master of ceremonies than as a leader of groups. Providers are natural hosts and hostesses, making sure that each guest is well looked after at social gatherings, or that the right things are expressed on traditional occasions, such as weddings, funerals, graduations, and the like. In much the same way, Teachers value harmonious human relations about all else, can handle people with charm and concern, and are usually popular wherever they are. But Teachers are not so much social as educational leaders, interested primarily in the personal growth and development of others, and less in attending to their social needs. Mikhail Gorbachev is an example of a Teacher Idealist.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
[SIZE=+1]Your Type is
[SIZE=+2]INTJ[/SIZE][SIZE=+2][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE]IntrovertedIntuitiveThinkingJudging

Hmmm, a Mastermind. I like the sound of that. Time to take over the world !!!! Muh ahh ahhh !!!!!

Famous INTJs:

Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers)
Susan B. Anthony
Arthur Ashe, tennis champion
Augustus Caesar (Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus)
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)
William J. Bennett, "drug czar"
William F. Buckley, Jr.
Raymond Burr (Perry Mason, Ironsides)
Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane) (Fletch)
Phil Donahue
Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate
Greg Gumbel, television sportscaster
Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
Veronica Hamel (Hill Street Blues)
Angela Lansbury (Murder, She Wrote)
Orel Leonard Hershiser, IV
Peter Jennings
Charles Everett Koop
Ivan Lendl
C. S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Joan Lunden
Edwin Moses, U.S. olympian (hurdles)
Martina Navratilova
Charles Rangel, U. S. Representative, D-N.Y.
Pernell Roberts (Bonanza)
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Josephine Tey (Elizabeth Mackintosh), mystery writer (Brat Farrar)
Rudy Giuliani, former New York City mayor
Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense
General Colin Powell, US Secretary of State
Lance Armstrong
Richard Gere (Pretty Woman)
Katie Couric

U.S. Presidents:Chester A. ArthurCalvin CoolidgeThomas JeffersonJohn F. KennedyJames K. PolkWoodrow Wilson

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've taken the test before, and don't put a lot of stock in the idea of boiling down my personality to a four-letter code. In particular, I get a different personality type if I add "at work" to the ends of the question stems than if I add "outside of work". (And I bet I'm not the only one...)

This is not unusual at all. I happen to be someone who behaves the same whether at work or not.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you know your personality type? I do. I am an ESTJ. I have taken the test in business settings several times in the past decade and always come out the same. More about the
Myers-Briggs.Take the Test.

I am an ENTP. My immediate family are all ISF types. I have used and taught about MBTI theory for over twenty years. It has been be useful to me, and I owe much of who I am to the brilliant teachers I had, who first taught us about the theory.

There have been times in my life when I have read my profile (in "Gifts Differing", Isabel Briggs Myers with Peter B Myers) and have really been refreshed. Overall my family, schooling, and work have supported my type development. The theory has kept me sane, helped me anayse conflict, and encourage many students, colleagues, and friends to see themselves in a different, and often very encouraging light. Another excellent use of the theory is as a tool to analyse conflict situations.

In a way, I feel that the life journey is about becoming the people who we really are and harnessing our true gifts to bring light to the world. The MBTI is a very useful tool. For me the work of Isabel Briggs Myers is the most useful, there are some evil variations but they can be easily avoided.

I have had ENTP in my profile for some time but I am sure that most people don't know what it means. Btw, the MBTI has made an earlier appearance here, perhaps it was framed as a "personality" test, I think it was quite some time ago from memory.

Lots of INTJs came to light I seem to remember. There is no evidence that they have bigger penises however! LOL

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
ENFP
The Portrait of the Champion Idealist (eNFp)

The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and expressive when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world. They can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them; they must experience, first hand, all the significant social events that affect our lives. And then they are eager to relate the stories they've uncovered, hoping to disclose the "truth" of people and issues, and to advocate causes. This strong drive to unveil current events can make them tireless in conversing with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.
Champions consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life, although they can never quite shake the feeling that a part of themselves is split off, uninvolved in the experience. Thus, while they strive for emotional congruency, they often see themselves in some danger of losing touch with their real feelings, which Champions possess in a wide range and variety. In the same vein, Champions strive toward a kind of spontaneous personal authenticity, and this intention always to "be themselves" is usually communicated nonverbally to others, who find it quite attractive. All too often, however, Champions fall short in their efforts to be authentic, and they tend to heap coals of fire on themselves, berating themselves for the slightest self-conscious role-playing
[/SIZE]

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[SIZE=+1]Your Type is
[SIZE=+2] INTP[/SIZE][/SIZE]Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving [SIZE=-0]
Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] 89/12/1/44

You are:
  • very expressed introvert
  • slightly expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed perceiving personality
INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

I'm regularly kept awake at night, thinking of anything and everything. Is it like this for all INTP's or just me? :p

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
I re-read the description of what I got and decided someone else must have taken the test. I re-took the test and answered opposite on a few questions that put me on the fence...and that wasn't a thing like me either. So much for standardised tests.

I've taken this test before and find it varies with my everchanging moods.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
See I'd agree if it didn't say I was introverted, I'm a mouthy, opinionated bitch, always have been.. news of me being introverted is kinda depressing :mad:
You can be an expressive Introvert. Hell I am. People think I'm outgoing, but I'm a church mouse in that department to be completely honest... :(

Oh...I'm an INTJ

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm an Artisan ESPF...Elvis & I....lol..:cool:

But I much prefer DiSC test than this Myers-Briggs one...to me DiSC is more explanative as behaviour learning to deal, understand and work with us and others.

In DiSC Iam an ID inspirational... Myers-Briggs seems catched my "I" but forgot my "D" as dominance.

Cool thing about US I discovered is their practicality in test people etc in work place to have get to know their behaviour, traits because productivity and blabla etc in working groups.