Myers-Briggs

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
ISTJ here at 56:25:38:78. I'm "The Inspector Guardian" (somehow I get this vision of Peter Sellers as Clouseau with wings).

Take care,

Ceg

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Also INFJ, though I could go either way Introvert/Extrovert or Judging/Perceiving.

What makes an INFJ tick?

The Dominant function is the perceptive one of iNtuition. Characteristics associated with this function include:
  • Likes looking at information from a global viewpoint, spotting patterns and relationships, that lead to an understanding of the key issues
  • Focuses more on possibilities for the future than the here-and-now
  • Enjoys change, challenge, and variety
The perceptive iNtuition function is introverted. That is, iNtuition is used primarily to govern the inner world of thoughts and emotions. The INFJ will therefore:
  • Seek to develop a understanding of how the world is, or can be
  • Seek to understand the patterns underlying his/her observations
  • Be strategic in nature, wanting to establish a clear vision towards which the INFJ is working
  • Not involve others in the development of that vision
The iNtuition function is primarily supported by extraverted Feeling judgement, That is, Feeling judgement is used primarily to manage the outer world of actions and spoken words. This will modify the way that the iNtuition is directed, by:
  • focusing the (inner world) iNtuition on ideas and possibilities that relate to people
  • expressing appreciation for the contributions of others, particularly where they have done or said something that supports the INFJ's ideals
  • making decisions on the basis of values that support the INFJ's understanding of the world, and conform to his/her vision.
The classic temperament of an INFJ is Apollonian, or Choleric, for whom a basic driving force is the search for meaning or purpose.
Contributions to the team of an INFJ

In a team environment, the INFJ can contribute by:
  • observing and understanding the team dynamics, and encouraging the team to recognise them and take appropriate action
  • listening carefully to various viewpoints, and being able to identify potential areas of agreement to be used as a basis to move forward
  • being trustworthy, meeting commitments to a consistent standard
  • contributing creative ideas, particularly those involving people
  • bringing the team to make decisions about important issues
  • promoting harmony and co-operation
The potential ways in which an INFJ can irritate others include:
  • not including others in the INFJ's process of developing ideas and vision
  • not giving criticism or expressing disagreement when it is appropriate
  • ignoring current reality in pursuit of insight and meaning - perhaps overlooking some tasks that need to be done
  • making errors of fact
  • not promoting their ideas in the group
  • wanting to pursue ideas without fully thinking through the consequences in, say, cost terms
Personal Growth

As with all types, the INFJ can achieve personal growth by developing all functions that are not fully developed, through actions such as:
  • being prepared to declare the INFJ's own personal vision or goals
  • investigating and recognising the facts before interpreting what they mean
  • changing his/her vision to fit more closely with what is possible
  • allowing others to participate in the process of development of the INFJ's vision or ideas, in order to gain their commitment or get a realistic, objective assessment
  • learning to promote the INFJ's ideas to others, recognising that others may well find them valuable
  • listing options and undertaking a formal process of evaluation against criteria, including a cost benefit analysis
Recognising Stress

As stress increases, 'learned behaviour' tends to give way to the natural style, so the INFJ will behave more according to type when under greater stress. For example, in a crisis, the INFJ might:
  • find a place of solitude in which to think and work
  • tell everyone else how well they are coping
  • try to solve the long term problem, and neglect the short term
  • make errors of fact, or ignore routine matters that might nevertheless be essential
Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, the INFJ's shadow may appear - a negative form of ESTP. Example characteristics are:
  • acting very impulsively, making decisions without thinking them through
  • doing things to excess - e.g.: eating, drinking or exercising
  • being critical of others, and finding fault with almost everything
  • being preoccupied about unimportant details and doing things that have no meaning
  • acting in a very materialistic and selfish way
  • cutting corners, breaking the rules, and even contradicting the INFJ's own values
The shadow is part of the unconscious that is often visible to others, onto whom the shadow is projected. The INFJ may therefore readily see these faults in others without recognising it in him/her self.

I appreciated hearing some of the "shadow" content because I've seen these behaviors in myself. I think being critical is a way for me to cut someone down whom I feel like has wronged me. I think Kim and I have discussed something similar as a Scorpio Moon Sign trait; we turn emotionally vicious, cold, and vindictive. I also cut corners and break rules; it's like how I want to defy people in order to prove I can still get things accomplished on my own.

I only disagree on a couple of points. I'm solution-minded when I'm highly stressed. In order to feel good, I have to tackle "something," even if it's just a minor task so that I can get it out of the way. And I've got a mouth on me so I'm quick to show disagreement. Other than that, this stuff is good.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hung is an ESTJ and I must say that I certainly fit the description. Thanks for the opportunity to take this test.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Do you know your personality type? I do. I am an ESTJ. I have taken the test in business settings several times in the past decade and always come out the same.

More about the Myers-Briggs.

I have taken this test many times before as well, during school and through a number of psycho-analytical professionals. In the past most of the times it comes up as INFP but I have also come up as INTP and BOTH apply. Reason being for this I believe is b/c my birth time is on the cusp for two rising (ascendant) signs, within 3 mins of the change. Primarily I am F(feeling) and have an incredibly sharp level of perception but at times I will question what I feel and my T(thinking) will become prominant. Interestingly enough both signs of my cusp born times are notoriously Feeling(Pisces) and Thinking(Aries).

That said I am by nature more INFP. as follows:

What makes an INFP tick?

The Dominant function is the judging one of Feeling. Characteristics associated with this function include:
  • Makes decisions on the basis of personal values
  • Is appreciative and accepting of people - enjoying company and seeking harmony
  • Assesses the impact of decisions on others, being sympathetic or compassionate
  • Takes a personal approach
The judging Feeling function is introverted. That is, Feeling is used primarily to govern the inner world of thoughts and emotions. The INFP will therefore:
  • develop an inner emotional life that is often unseen to others, but is experienced as intense
  • retain a strong sense of values, which are often not expressed
  • emotionally accept or reject various aspects of life - for example, deciding whether praise or criticism received is valid and, at extreme, ignoring whatever is unacceptable
  • feel appreciation towards others, but not express it
The Feeling function is primarily supported by extraverted iNtuitive perception, That is, iNtuitive perception is used primarily to manage the outer world of actions and spoken words. This will modify the way that the Feeling is directed, by:
  • focusing the (inner world) Feeling on ideas and possibilities for people
  • looking for meaningful relationships
  • deciding on friendships through insight into their personality and motivation
The classic temperament of an INFP is Apollonian, or Choleric, for whom a basic driving force is the search for meaning or purpose.

That last part sums me up in a nutshell .

The classic temperament of an INTP is Promethean, or Phlegmatic, for whom a basic driving force is the search for competence or excellence.

This was me 100% growing up and in school as well in musical competitions and believe me I have a wall full of awards to solidify this LOL

Famous INFP personalities:
Homer
Virgil
William Shakespeare
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
A. A. Milne
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Helen Keller
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Neil Diamond
Tom Brokaw
Julia Roberts
Scott Bakula
John F. Kennedy, Jr.
Lisa Kudrow

Famous INTP personlities:
Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
C. G. Jung
William James
Albert Einstein
Meryl Streep

:banana:
HORSE

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
[SIZE=+1]This is me...INFJ--Invisible Never Found Jesus. :smile: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Your Type is [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2]INFJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]IntrovertedIntuitiveFeelingJudging[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]56121233[/SIZE]
INFJ type description by D.Keirsey
INFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

[SIZE=+1]Qualitative analysis of your type formula[/SIZE]
You are:
  • moderately expressed introvert
  • slightly expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality
======================================

The Portrait of the Counselor Idealist (iNFj)

[SIZE=+2]RATIONAL[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]ARTISAN[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]IDEALIST[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]GUARDIAN[/SIZE]

Copyrighted © 1996-2006 Prometheus Nemesis Book Companyhttp://www.advisorteam.com/user/ktsintro1.asp
Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
by Joe Butt Profile: INFJ
Revision: 3.01
Date of Revision: 6 Mar 2005

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.
INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.
"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.
INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.
Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.
Functional Analysis:
Introverted iNtuition

Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis.
Extraverted Feeling

Extraverted feeling, the auxiliary deciding function, expresses a range of emotion and opinions of, for and about people. INFJs, like many other FJ types, find themselves caught between the desire to express their wealth of feelings and moral conclusions about the actions and attitudes of others, and the awareness of the consequences of unbridled candor. Some vent the attending emotions in private, to trusted allies. Such confidants are chosen with care, for INFJs are well aware of the treachery that can reside in the hearts of mortals. This particular combination of introverted intuition and extraverted feeling provides INFJs with the raw material from which perceptive counselors are shaped.
Introverted Thinking

The INFJ's thinking is introverted, turned toward the subject. Perhaps it is when the INFJ's thinking function is operative that he is most aloof. A comrade might surmise that such detachment signals a disillusionment, that she has also been found lacking by the sardonic eye of this one who plumbs the depths of the human spirit. Experience suggests that such distancing is merely an indication that the seer is hard at work and focusing energy into this less efficient tertiary function.
Extraverted Sensing

INFJs are twice blessed with clarity of vision, both internal and external. Just as they possess inner vision which is drawn to the forms of the unconscious, they also have external sensing perception which readily takes hold of worldly objects. Sensing, however, is the weakest of the INFJ's arsenal and the most vulnerable. INFJs, like their fellow intuitives, may be so absorbed in intuitive perceiving that they become oblivious to physical reality. The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification. Awareness of extraverted sensing is probably the source of the "SP wannabe" side of INFJs. Many yearn to live spontaneously; it's not uncommon for INFJ actors to take on an SP (often ESTP) role.
Famous INFJs:

Nathan, prophet of Israel
Aristophanes
Chaucer
Goethe
Robert Burns, Scottish poet
U.S. Presidents: Martin Van Buren James Earl "Jimmy" Carter Nathaniel Hawthorne
Fanny Crosby, (blind) hymnist
Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Fred McMurray (My Three Sons)
Shirley Temple Black, child actor, ambassador
Martin Luther King, Jr., civil rights leader, martyr
James Reston, newspaper reporter
Shirley McClain (Sweet Charity, ...)
Piers Anthony, author ("Xanth" series)
Michael Landon (Little House on the Prairie)
Tom Selleck
John Katz, critic, author
Paul Stookey (Peter, Paul and Mary)
U. S. Senator Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL)
Billy Crystal
Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury)
Nelson Mandela
Mel Gibson
Carrie Fisher
Nicole Kidman
Jamie Foxx
Sela Ward
Mark Harmon
Gary Dourdan
Marg Helgaberger
Evangeline Lilly
Tori May

buddy629

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm a EIFJ too. so odd, since they comprise only about 2-3% of the population.

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

The Idealists called Teachers are abstract in their thought and speech, cooperative in their style of achieving goals, and directive and expressive in their interpersonal relations. Teachers have the charming characteristic of taking for granted that their expectations will be met, their implicit commands obeyed, never doubting that people will want to do what they suggest. And, more often than not, people do, because this type has extraordinary charisma. The Teachers are found in no more than 2 or 3 percent of the population. Teachers are very much at home in complex situations which require the juggling of much data with little pre-planning. An experienced Teacher group leader can dream up, effortlessly, and almost endlessly, activities for groups to engage in, and stimulating roles for members of the group to play. In some Teachers, inspired by the responsiveness of their students or followers, this can amount to genius which other types find hard to emulate. Such ability to preside without planning reminds us somewhat of an Provider, but the latter acts more as a master of ceremonies than as a leader of groups. Providers are natural hosts and hostesses, making sure that each guest is well looked after at social gatherings, or that the right things are expressed on traditional occasions, such as weddings, funerals, graduations, and the like. In much the same way, Teachers value harmonious human relations about all else, can handle people with charm and concern, and are usually popular wherever they are. But Teachers are not so much social as educational leaders, interested primarily in the personal growth and development of others, and less in attending to their social needs.

Famous EIFJs include;
Oprah Winfrey
Ralph Nader
Martin Luther King