MySpace..........any feedback?

B_HungSpermBoy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I"ve just recently joined MySpace b/c I have a lot of friends on there & they encouraged me to join. I've posted a few thing on there though, & boy, what intense cruel reactions from others in every topic. Are any of you on MySpace & if you are, could you share your experiences there? Thanx. :biggrin1:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have met some great people on there. Some abuse the friends space though. Because they think because you have 2,000 friends on there it means you're popular. People try to be your friend for the number. Not with me. If you aren't a regular friend meaning chatting it up on the regular, you'll just get deleted off of my Friends list.

I even have My Space profile decorated like I want. I think that LPSG would be cool if it were like MySpace.

MusclePrinceXXX

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like MySpace even though it can be annoying sometimes. What I hate most about it, is all the big, flashy, glittery, graphics that people put on their spaces. Girls are infamous for that. Some people just go a little too overboard when it comes to primping their pages.

But on the other side, I love it because I've been connecting with old friends that I haven't seen or heard from in years. One of my friends, I haven't seen since high school and another one, I haven't seen since 1990.

I do however, agree with most people on this thread...there are a lot of people who will abuse it by turning it into a major contest to see who gets the most friends. I've had a lot of dipshits try to add me when they don't even know who the heck I am (LSPG though, I make an exception if they tell me). It pisses me off. But then I guess that's something you just have to deal with when you have a public webpage that is networked. :rolleyes:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I call them "friend whores"- some people just try to add the most in number. If I don't talk to someone and get to know them, I don't add them just to beef up my list. Most of the people on my list are people I know, and a few are newer friends, but I add friends slowly.

I hate it when people have music and graphics that cause the pages to take forever to load. Some people seem to know how to do this without making my computer want to explode, but some don't and it drives me nuts.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yup, I'm with MZ - too many graphics, vids or music is just annoying. I HATE the glitter graphics. Friends whores are idiots. If they don't contribute to my comments, blog, etc every now and then they're gone. I keep a closer group of friends, mostly those I know IRL, from here, or that I'd like to know/meet with a few extras thrown in.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
On my My Space profile, I don't have any crazy glitter graphics. Music-wise, I had a link to a satellite radio station that played hip-hop/urban contemporary music 24/7 while people checked out my profile. I thought it was quite an interesting mix with the written and posted content which was all gay related. Anyway, I no longer have that streaming link on there because it no longer works. So, I put up a Robin Guthrie song called "Monument". Great tune. It is an instrumental and it fits the overall ambience of my profile. I am really getting into Eagles of Death Metal and The Cocteau Twins. I still love my R&B and soul music though. Plus a Brazilian guitarist/singer named Alecio (ALEX). Thanks to MySpace I wouldn't have heard most of those bands and artists. I have met some great people on there.

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was on myspace for a little while. All I got was some emails that turned out to be spam. Even the couple friends who got me to join myspace didn't bother commenting so I just deleted it.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just added my profile a very short time ago in order to post a question to one of the (forums?) I have spent no effort on my page (and honestly would not even know how to add any pictures, graphics or music as I have not bothered to look into it.) Perhaps it has been my complete and obvious lack of effort, but even MZ’s “friend whores” have avoided contact thus far. I will add one or two people from here, but that is about it. I do not have the time to frequent another site and get to know more people. To be honest I have enough going on and know enough people in my life that it seems as though it would be a waste of time to purposely get to know more people (aside from LPSG:wink: ) A large part of the reason I feel somewhat close to the posters here is because I know a little about each one of you and your thought/opinions from your posts here. But to go through page after page of profiles trying to find someone who looks as though I would like to take the time to get to know them is not really my style.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most of my firends on there are people I know in real life, or people from here. A very few are people I met from there, but most have communicated with me at some point. That place is brutal about filling out your profile, that's how people decide if they want to talk to you. I instantly delete any friend requests from people with blank profiles, just like here.

Oh yeah, if you don't know me here, I'm NOT available to play "getting to know you" there either.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, ease up off the MySpace whores - I used to be one of those. Right after I got my account I started adding friends like crazy - I got up to several hundred at one point - but then I got overwhelmed and just deleted everyone that I didn't feel like talking to on a regular basis.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'm pleasantly surprised so far. I use MySpace to keep in touch with my current, ongoing friends, a few of my cyber pals, and some old classmates -- especially since Classmates.com is a rip-off and a half. It's really cool to get reacquainted with people I haven't seen in several years, but it's also a bit sad to see people from my hometown still stuck doin' the same ol' menial stuff. As much as I love seeing my Mom, I'm glad I got the hell out of there when I did.

Now that I notice more LPSGers on here and there, I think I consciously try to separate my interactions with the two groups. Maybe it's 'cause I think there's something a bit sacred and private about what I write here, or maybe I can interact differently. I don't have to have a big dick to be a MySpace junkie.

Of course, I'm sure there's a group of MySpacers who are all about big wang anyway.

I just need to tolerate tons of bulletins and find some common ground with people doing a Friend Request.

To establish some balance from the Friendship Whores, I just do my part to be selective. Almost everyone on my Friends List is someone I know in real life with whom I have a friendship, or that I'm interested in re-starting/re-building one (e.g. old classmates). If the interest isn't there, then I'm not going to fake it either.

Other than that, it does what it needs to do. I just wish it were easier to get better acquainted with some more Dance Dance Revolution fans.