Mysterious Dream Knowledge

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just thought I'd throw something in here for fun.

Has anyone ever had a dream in which they consumed something, such as a fruit, cigar, piece of meat, etc, that they have never had before? Have you ever found yourself to somehow know exactly how that thing tastes? I'm not talking have it in a dream, then have it for real, and realize it is the same. I am talking about when you have a dream involving this thing you have not had before, and it is utterly perfect, you are absolutely sure that is what that thing tastes like.

This mysterious dream knowledge also occurs with people you have not met... yet. It can happen with what friends want to say but don't. Just about anything you don't already know about can be one of these strange occurrences of knowledge.

Has anyone had dreams involving this unusual trait?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The only thing that comes to mind is flying dreams. Not sure if that is what you mean. Of course I have never flown like a bird, but I have dreams wear I do and the sensations are sometimes what it might feel like. In the dream I exert muscular effort and get tired and then glide for awhile. In other ones it's more like hovering and gliding around effortlessly.

I don't remember ever eating in a dream. Except for pussy... :rolleyes:

I was having dreams of speaking and understanding Turkish before I could do it consciously.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The only thing that comes to mind is flying dreams. Not sure if that is what you mean. Of course I have never flown like a bird, but I have dreams wear I do and the sensations are sometimes what it might feel like. In the dream I exert muscular effort and get tired and then glide for awhile. In other ones it's more like hovering and gliding around effortlessly.

I don't remember ever eating in a dream. Except for pussy... :rolleyes:

I was having dreams of speaking and understanding Turkish before I could do it consciously.

What a coincidence! I dreamed of you eating my pussy! :wink::tongue::biggrin1:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
we were in a dream tooo...

I think I've always had dreams that were a bit unusual. Probably because i have an over active imagination anyway....

Recently I had another dream about The Big House. It's a constant, and it keeps shifting. It's a large house located in New York. It has many room, and secret passageways and panic rooms. My last dream involving it invoked finding a trap door in the Strand Bookstore and finding myself there. I could not find my way back to the Strand, which was annoying, because I had parked my car on Broadway.

I have had food i dreams. I often watch movies there too. Often I find myself wandering through several sequences. I have several story lines that occur. I've even gotten stoned while dreaming.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good topic.
yes. i have had dreams of very specific places.
Several years ago i had a dream about this beautiful farm,
i saw the meticulously kept farm house and grounds and out buildings.
i had no idea where it was.
years later after i moved and was familiarizing myself with the new area i lived in by
driving around randomly, i nearly crashed the car as i saw this exact farm that i had seen in my dream for years prior. it was EXACTLY as it was in my dream, sitting right there with every single detail as though i was seeing a photograph for the 100th time.
Very bizarre.
I have had many similar dreams of places that i have not been to nor knew they existed. there are so many, but this one particular one comes readily to mind.
how this could happen, i have no idea. perhaps it was a foretelling of where i was to wind up? a comfirmation that i wound up where i was meant to be for that particular time? i don't know. but interesting nonetheless (to me).

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have always had really far out vivid dreams...since childhood....earliest dream I actually awoke bouncing in my bed with a hole in the ceiling gradually fading from my vision....this was after a dream where I was in a supermarket, where everyone was naked (with no pubic hair) wearing those professorial mortar board tassled hats. I walked through into the loading area where my baby sitter, an old lady called Win, was standing on a star trek transporter with her bag on wheels....I stepped onto a black spot on the transporter and fell...and awoke bouncing...this is my eraliest remembered dream...I was about 4 years old!!

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've had a few dreams of events that then happened within a few days. At times I've seen friends and known what is going to happen to them and I've thought of some one who I haven't seen in a very long time and then seen than within a couple of days.

I never know when it will happen and it doesn't happen very often.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have had both flying dreams as well as dreams where I feel paralyzed and unable to get up, I think maybe something is asleep like my arm that makes me have such a dream. I have had dreams where I feel like I am being choked
or short of breathe and I think maybe I have sleep apnea which causes this.

I wonder if you put on a smell of something and caused it to occur in a dream, I have heard of a technique called direct dreaming where you can influence the type of dream you will have.

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have had both flying dreams as well as dreams where I feel paralyzed and unable to get up, I think maybe something is asleep like my arm that makes me have such a dream. I have had dreams where I feel like I am being choked
or short of breathe and I think maybe I have sleep apnea which causes this.

I wonder if you put on a smell of something and caused it to occur in a dream, I have heard of a technique called direct dreaming where you can influence the type of dream you will have.

Directed Dreaming, short version is through use of meditation before rest, and possibly sensory references, you saturate your subconscious with symbols to call forward for the dream.

The next step is Lucid Dreaming, in which there is a conscious will able to control the dreams, achieved through careful maintenance of just how "awake" your mind is.

There have been a lot of proposed theories of why we have this knowledge in our dreams.
Grab bag list:

1.Memory is not strictly of the past experience
b.Subconscious is powerful enough to create an expected value(taste, smell, voice, whatever) based on memory of similar things
III.People have latent, or weak, psychic abilities that allows one to draw on another's memory.
D.Memories are actually encoded into DNA, a super-simplified version of knowledge storage... super-long term memory so to speak

There's a lot more, but those are the popular ones

Good topic.
yes. i have had dreams of very specific places.
Several years ago i had a dream about this beautiful farm,
i saw the meticulously kept farm house and grounds and out buildings.
i had no idea where it was.
years later after i moved and was familiarizing myself with the new area i lived in by
driving around randomly, i nearly crashed the car as i saw this exact farm that i had seen in my dream for years prior. it was EXACTLY as it was in my dream, sitting right there with every single detail as though i was seeing a photograph for the 100th time.
Very bizarre.
I have had many similar dreams of places that i have not been to nor knew they existed. there are so many, but this one particular one comes readily to mind.
how this could happen, i have no idea. perhaps it was a foretelling of where i was to wind up? a comfirmation that i wound up where i was meant to be for that particular time? i don't know. but interesting nonetheless (to me).

This reminds me of a prophetic dream I had involving a castle and girl. A little while after I had that dream, it came true.

Here's the story about it.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What a coincidence! I dreamed of you eating my pussy! :wink::tongue::biggrin1:
It wouldn't have been last Thursday would it? She was bucking something fierce...

Lucid, or directed dreaming, can be learned. The way I learned, was to do a simple meditation before sleep, in which you do a yogic breathing pattern focusing attention just near the tip of your nose and repeating to yourself "Tonight when I dream, I shall awake and remember the dream", until you fall sleep. If you do wake up, write down what ever you can remember on a ready pad of paper. At first it will likely be just jibberish. But in time, (it was a week for me), it starts making sense. Gradually, you will remember the dreams very clearly, even without writing them down. You become aware that you are in a dream and can influence the course of events.

It's interesting, but I am not sure that it's healthy. I could be wrong, but I think dreaming is a way to help resolve problems in conscious life. Or maybe they are a discharging mechanism to clear out the crap. Interfering too much with dreams may have some bad effects. I can't back that up, it's just my opinion.

Directed dreams about sex are really fun. Since I started reading here, the sex dreams have included a few members of the site. (I'm not giving out names, but some of you are fucking kinky)

Last edited:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I had a dream a couple weeks ago that an ex gf I hadn't talked to in over 4 years randomly texted me to see if I still had the same number. (Mind you, I still think about this girl a lot)...and sure enough, the next day I got a text "hey, is this still ur number?" And now we're going out to dinner this week...I've had similar experiences but this one really stuck out

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
after a close relative passed away, I kept having dreams that she came back, but was only allowed to stay for a certain period of time...during one of her "visits" she told me not to forget about "the money"...

less than 2 weeks later, I got a letter from the state notifying me that I was beneficiary of an annuity from that relative & I needed to choose whether to receive a lump sum or a monthly payment...weird, eh?

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It wouldn't have been last Thursday would it? She was bucking something fierce...

Lucid, or directed dreaming, can be learned. The way I learned, was to do a simple meditation before sleep, in which you do a yogic breathing pattern focusing attention just near the tip of your nose and repeating to yourself "Tonight when I dream, I shall awake and remember the dream", until you fall sleep. If you do wake up, write down what ever you can remember on a ready pad of paper. At first it will likely be just jibberish. But in time, (it was a week for me), it starts making sense. Gradually, you will remember the dreams very clearly, even without writing them down. You become aware that you are in a dream and can influence the course of events.

It's interesting, but I am not sure that it's healthy. I could be wrong, but I think dreaming is a way to help resolve problems in conscious life. Or maybe they are a discharging mechanism to clear out the crap. Interfering too much with dreams may have some bad effects. I can't back that up, it's just my opinion.

Directed dreams about sex are really fun. Since I started reading here, the sex dreams have included a few members of the site. (I'm not giving out names, but some of you are fucking kinky)

Well, according to certain theories about dreaming and why it benefits us; In our dreams, we all go out-of-body. The dream and subconscious grip on inputs is intended to keep knowledge of this from you. Essentially the point is to "wander" and recharge some energy we cannot normally recharge while our bodies are awake and/or we are firmly seated in our body. There's a lot of stranger theories, I like this one because it makes a kind of odd sense.

Doing anything in your dreams, by this explanation, would not have bearing on anything, and would possibly give increased benefit depending on what is done.

The less parapsychological explanation is that the content of your dreams comes from symbols your subconscious is saturated with, not with a purpose to resolve problems or whatnot, dreams just show you what you're bothered with(the most saturated symbols are those that worry/annoy/etc), so to speak.