Photo N. american solar eclipse 21 august 2017

Did you watch the eclipse ?

• I will watch the eclipse.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • I don't want to see this.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am unable to see this from my location.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jojolongdong

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
On the 21 August 2017 from the West coast to the East Coast,
Americans will witness the first total eclipse in almost 100 years.

I thought it would be great (for all of us interested) to see photos and perhaps some home made movie clips so created this Thread in advance.

It isn't just the eclipse which produce some strange phenomena, but if during the event you look down at the floor you'll notice things have a double shadow.
Perhaps there might be other interesting stuff ?

Please remember to never look directly into the sun, unless you're using a proper filter.

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am one of the lucky ones no matter where I am in the state I will see either the total or partial eclipse. I plan to be in the path of the total eclipse on that day with family. The state is gearing up for a crazy weekend through a day or two after, A million extra people from around the world are expected in the state for the event, talk about gridlock.

Reactions: jojolongdong

jojolongdong

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Preparation / planning for the 2017 North American Solar Eclipse;

Photos
; A special 'solar filter' will be required for photographing the sun.
This can be removed when the eclipse is in totality (over 2 minutes) but should be put back on after.

Looking directly into the sun will cause permanent blindness.
Eye protection must be worn, and only 'Certified' brands should be purchased.
Stocks have already 'Sold Out' in several States beware; unscrupulous makers are producing uncertified / dangerous products.

Prepare and Practice. (before the event)

On the day.

Look up, down and all around you. (this is a once in a lifetime event - for N America.)
If you don't have a tripod - improvise with something steady and firmly balanced.

After; Share your photos.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddar...otographing-the-total-solar-eclipse-on-aug-21

it sounds very interesting. however, i do not have a car at all, and i couldn't find anyone to take me to see it either, so i'll just have to watch a video of it on youtube instead. fine with me :)
I live in Wisconsin so I will not be able to see it from where I'm at
However, back in year 2014 (when I was 18 years old) I did get a chance to see, 'The Blood Moon' but it wasn't nearly as impressive as many people made it out to be. I have a video of it here:

jojolongdong

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it sounds very interesting. however, i do not have a car at all, and i couldn't find anyone to take me to see it either, so i'll just have to watch a video of it on youtube instead. fine with me :)

Landfall will happen in less than 1 hour at Lincoln Beach near Lincoln City in Oregon and travel across N. America....
passing through Kansas City, Nashville and finally Charleston. (skirting St Louis.)

NASA are currently relaying a Live feed broadcast. (link below)

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+TV+-+Eclipse+Views+(Raw+Feed)

insert_8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
. . . . The state is gearing up for a crazy weekend through a day or two after, A million extra people from around the world are expected in the state for the event, talk about gridlock.
The media and authorities her in St Louis have been hyping and warning about traffic, shortages of various things, etc. In fact, it just may go down in history as a disaster to rival Y2K!

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Two days after the state has returned to almost normal. I was in the central part of the state for the event, there were reports of 4 hours to go 16 miles and 30 mile backups in the central part of the state. I did not venture out until noon the day after and it took twice as long as usual for a 10 mile round trip to town and back. I returned home today, traffic was back to about normal for the time of year. It was a joy to see with family.