Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey Guys, I wouldn't mind your thoughts...

I've recently been to the gym with a straight friend whom I like very much. Although I must admit that I was a bit excited at the prospect of seeing him nude, it wasn't any type of objective. Having made a bit if an effort (in my opinion) to hide everything, I was able to steal a glance of him in the steam room. Well, to my disbelief, (although everything was as I had imagined - perfect), I did not feel at all aroused, but rather guilty! Maybe I'm truly in love or maybe I've had one too many drops on my head! Any thoughts? Maybe I'm turning straight - O.K. just kidding on that one :)

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're not feeling so much guilt as your subconscious mind's censorship, perhaps. That is to say, because he is a friend that you want to keep as a friend, you have been repressing your sexual feelings toward him. Thus seeing him naked, which you thought would be arousing, gave you the impression that you had somehow unfairly taken advantage of him, and caused your mind to censor your erotic feelings, essentially blocking them and telling you, "No, no...that's forbidden fruit." ~ Or conversely, just maybe you're not really so enamored of him as you may think, or he wasn't as appealing as you had built him up to be...? But if you are "truly in love" with him, as opposed to "merely" being attracted to him, best end those feelings right now for the sake of your friendship.....

Last edited:

Lynx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're not feeling guilt so much as your subconscious mind's censorship. That is to say, because he is a friend that you want to keep as a friend, you have been repressing your sexual feelings toward him. Thus seeing him naked, which you thought would be arousing, caused your mind to censor your erotic feelings, essentially canceling them out and telling you "No, no...that's forbidden fruit."
Wow Karl, very interesting. I absolutely do have repressed sexual feelings for him (long story for another thread...), that I am sure of. I guess I just was expecting some sort of "final" satisfaction in seeing him nude (having imagined it for years).

Lynx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're not feeling so much guilt as your subconscious mind's censorship, perhaps. That is to say, because he is a friend that you want to keep as a friend, you have been repressing your sexual feelings toward him. Thus seeing him naked, which you thought would be arousing, gave you the impression that you had somehow unfairly taken advantage of him, and caused your mind to censor your erotic feelings, essentially blocking them and telling you, "No, no...that's forbidden fruit." ~ Or conversely, just maybe you're not really so enamored of him as you may think, or he wasn't as appealing as you had built him up to be...? But if you are "truly in love" with him, as opposed to "merely" being attracted to him, best end those feelings right now for the sake of your friendship.....
Hi Karl, thank you for your edited reply. It's very interesting for me to note that I did feel guilty as if i had taken some sort of unfair advantage of him; did I?

D_ShiaLeTubeSteak

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you feel like you like him / don't fight the urge.
Do what your heart tells you - even if it ends up broken.
Don't let anyone mess with fate -
Ask for advice - but do what you want!!

Lynx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you feel like you like him / don't fight the urge.
Do what your heart tells you - even if it ends up broken.
Don't let anyone mess with fate -
Ask for advice - but do what you want!!
Thanks DigDickJake, that is certianly one way to live life! Im not sure if Im that daring!