Naked in front of son-in-law

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by nomju, Feb 13, 2011.

1. nomju

nomju Member

Albums:
    What's the etiquet for being naked in front of your son in law (or daughtersboyfriend)?
    Me and some guys from the pub play 5 a side football once a week. We all shower together afterwards and are comfortable being round each other naked. My daughters boyfriend has asked if he can join us for a game. I get on well with the guy, and am comfortable in the knowledge that he is having sex with my daughter, but what's the drill for showering together? He's bound to look down and check me out, and I also with him. Perhaps I'll just wait until I get home, to shower.
    Any advice?:confused:

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

He just wants to play sports and probably make a connection with you with a mutual intrest...

3. DQSundae

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would think that if it is the normal thing to grab a shower after, then don't change your routine for him. He won't shower with the guys if he doesn't want to. Don't check him out if he does shower.

4. D_Kisha_Mia_Ash

D_Kisha_Mia_Ash Account Disabled

Pray you are more hung so he will feel like an alpha male! Put him in his place :D

5. petetown

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Do what you always do...and leave the PA in and let that foreskin cover your cockhead.....

6. arthur

arthur New Member

Albums:
    Keep calma and carry on...If he's dating your daughter I suppose he won't be slightly interested in your cock?!

7. Countryguy63

Countryguy63 New Member

Albums:
    Not a big deal. There's really no protocol other than acting normal :smile:

8. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...yes...it depends on whether you want the fact that you have a PA broadcast to family members and perhaps slipping out at family dinner. :wink:

9. Pecker Check

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You know the way guys relate in Sheffield better than we Yanks would. Seems to me if a group shower is the usual thing where you are, a young man from there ought to be ready for it. I wish a lot of our up-tight population here knew the simiple old ways of the locker room. I think that's what comes of too much worrying about stuff.

10. LeftHookBrutal

LeftHookBrutal New Member

If I were you I'd shower when I got home. You don't want to risk any potential ackwardness by doing this. You might be seeing him for a long time.

11. Countryguy63

Countryguy63 New Member

Albums:

Why would there be akwardness?

12. Maxime_

Maxime_ New Member

Albums:
    Just be yourself. If you always stand there naked, why should you change your attitude?i think he will respect you even more if you just stand in front of him naturally naked. If he feels embarassed, he just will not look and turn his face. But at least you'll make him feel like he's a normal man like you and he will feel like you trust him and are totally comfortable with yourself and with him. So, just be yourself!

13. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't understand the big deal. You are both men taking a shower after getting dirty and sweaty from playing football. I was a jock pretty much in high school. I showed in both single stalls and the gang type showers. It's no big deal so why turn it into one? You are not competing with him or him with you...you are only playing football and taking a shower after the game. Why make it more than it is?

14. buzzrider7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Agreed that there is absolutely no reason for awkwardness. Showering is just part of playing sports and getting sweaty. I find that conversation in the shower is the best way to easy any uncomfortableness.
    I also agree to take out the PA unless your daughter already knows you have one, or you don't care if she knows. If he saw that, I could see him being in a slightly odd position, wanting to tell your daughter ("Holy shit, did you know your dad has a PA?!") but also feeling that he might be overstepping a boundary by doing so. On the other hand, him seeing you with a PA could put you into the ranks of being the coolest father-in-law around!
    In any case, playing some football and showering together sounds like an excellent opportunity for bonding with this potential future family member. Go for it!

15. coachreffn

coachreffn Member

Albums:
    Take the PA out...unless the daughter knows you have one...(which would be kind of odd but that is just me)...I think it very cool that he wants to play with you all...and if he wants to shower, welcome him, joke around, and be the coolest girlfriend's father ever.

16. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    relax and let the big dogs out

17. lib0

lib0 New Member

I can see your concern. I know that when we all went out with my sisters husband (then fiance) we played beach volleyball and all showered afterwards. Me, bros, and dad are all pretty hung and it made him very really uncomfortable/self conscious. We are all pretty free and don't have any hang ups but I don't know how he was raised. My dad told us to kinda keep things under wraps in the future. He's a pretty average guy but he's first and foremost a great husband to my sister and to my nieces - I don't care how big he is. But I don't know if you're wanting to hide the size or the PA?

18. barebob

barebob New Member

Albums:
    He wants to play football with his future father-in-law. It's bonding. As far as the PA I assume your team mates know so what's the big deal. And won't your buddies think it odd if you shower at home?

19. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Young Man wants to play football. If he decides to shower after the match he will do so. I would encourage you to continue your routine. Otherwise your mates will think you are messed up and worried about your image in front of your daughters boy friend. From my point of view that would be worse. You are the adult/more mature male. Life for you need not change simply your daughter is dating someone.

Besides that, maybe your daughter's boy friend is also hung/also sports a PA and simply wants to get to see/know you as his sweethearts Dad.

No need to attempt to be politically correct. We already have too much of that in our World Today.

I get the impression that He, the daughters boyfriend, simply wants to make points with you and your mates; or at least get to know you more.

I would look forward to seeing him during the match and afterward.

Life should be fun and it sounds as if your daughter is running with a winner.

20. Holdit

Gold Member

I would be more concerned about the king charles then simply being caught naked in the shower.