Naked Yoga

Latinoboy9

Loved Member
Media
I recently signed up for a naked yoga class in Boston has anyone ever done this before? I mean I do Taoism now along with Pilates 3 times a week but never naked...this should be fun and I know I can keep things under control, unless I see someone who turns me on...Jose'Latinoboy9

B_UNKNOWN321

Experimental Member
Media
I've taken yoga for year but I'm usually only male in mixed class so of course not here but trying to think of poses that would be interesting -- dropping from flank to cobra might be interesting, or bridge with package projected skyward, but I think favorite would be tripod which normally is headstand without any supports, but if everyone can get sufficiently aroused in class there could be more difficult alternate version. Another provocative one for the exceptionally well endowed would be the forward standing bend with head being worked back between knees. A difficult one might be one where legs and all upper body both are arched upwards while all weight is supported on groin area. I actually don't see much sense in this approach but do have to admit some poses are easier when not obstructed by clothing.

SEANekkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've been taking naked yoga classes and non-naked yoga classes for about a year. I have to admit - I prefer the naked yoga class. There are some poses that are much easier to do when nude.

Plus it's often a really good view. :9

B_UNKNOWN321

Experimental Member
Media
I've reconsidered my rather flip answer earlier after doing a rehearsal of all the poses I could think of and actually most of them are restricted by clothing. The balance poses particularly are hindered by clothes, e.g. the tree pose, a favorite of mine with heel of one foot planted next to balls on inner thigh and hands raised straight up -- a beautiful pose but my foot always begins to slip and then I become tree with broken branch. The rapid transition poses also are hindered with clothes, e.g. sun salutes transitioning through hop to flank and downward facing dog hopped to upright poses, standing to lunges and most of the warrior poses, which I think are some of the most magnificent postures that either the male or female body can be displayed in (I always have to adjust pants to get my legs just right). Only ones I would prefer not to be naked in would be the backbend poses. I would think that a thong such as you are wearing would be helpful in keeping the package secured for some of the squats-standing transitions or others where a lot of chaffing I think would result with all that meat in the way.

Since I have been ridiculed since first grade for having perfect posture, this is a perfect outlet for me to enjoy and firm up that posture, which others I suppose are envious of, and is a primary objective of yoga. A down side for me though would be my lousy physique that I always keep hidden in loose fitting garments. However in some of the power poses I think my stringy muscles wouldn't be noticed as much because of the majesty of the poses. Go for it, if you have indulged in pilates (that is very hard for me) and have the body displayed with your name, I would be suprised if a camera crew did not show up when you positioned yourself in warrior I pose (my very favorite for its look and very, very difficult pose to do perfectly with warrior II being a good one too).

SpiceboyMJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do yoga at home nude all the time as I practically never wear clothes while at home however, I've never been in a nude class situation. I bet nude hot yoga would be amazing though. let us know how it goes.

Aruba 1st

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Went to a Yoga class with Ma Honey once out in California.

Following Ma Honey's suggestion, I was wearing those lycra, girdle-type,
knee-length bottoms - in Bright Blue and a loose, white, T-shirt.

Warning - even though you may NOT be able to properly complete the positions, and it is not a naked Yoga class; there are plenty of opportunities for you to become exposed. These mixed-gender classes usually have at least ONE well-Built Woman in attendence - that' all it takes.

cypher13

Experimental Member
Media
30+ years of gnani yoga and I will do it no way other than nude, albeit only in the privacy of my own home. Many concentrative processes, such as trataka (which I do) and internal fire meditation (which I do not do as one can really get messed up doing this) generate a lot of internal heat and as I got better at them I frequently found myself a sweaty mess. Early on, I learned that nudity and ventilation solve this problem.

a

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok...

Fantasy: I'm just in the back of class casualy moving along transfixed on Spiceboy and JoseLB who are like art in motion in nude Yoga class.

Reality: I falling down in my own sweat trying to just sit with my legs straight out while the fattest men in all of christiandom are bending over in front of me with miss placed toilet tisue stuck to their ass...and the guy on the left is gassey.

Yeah, signing right up fellows. I'll just stick to my cardio machine at 24 hr fitness...and try to be more "flexable" when fighting for the remote control in the evening. :)

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Whats Yoga Like?

My Dr prescribed it for me, but im quite shy to go to one.
Plus, its very difficult to find them in my area.

Is it actually theraputic?

From those that have taken it, is it for thin, In shape people only, or would a 6'1 220 lb guy be a clown in class?

Lookin for advice

C

BTW - Cube Way to friggin funny LOL

Vix

1st Like
Media
I've never tried it, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I think any spiritual discipline will only add to the quality of our lives. Sadly, I'm not in NYC. Have fun with your journey tho!

Vix

chimes

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I did some Bikram yoga, which is like Yoga in a freakin sauna, and everyone there was MOSTLY naked. Like yoga shorts, or speedos. It was good! Much easier to move around and get into the poses.

I just thought I'd add that I never felt awkward, everyone was much more focused on the yoga than the sweating bodies around them. But then again, naked yoga might be different.

pacmansex

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Latinoboy9@Jun 21 2005, 06:02 PM
I recently signed up for a naked yoga class in Boston has anyone ever done this before?

i'm not into yoga... naked chess on the other hand....

kicks so much more ass

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do yoga 4 times a week most weeks and cannot say enough about it. It's an amazing workout, not just physically but also mentally (clears your mind) and, yes, spiritually. While I practice poses in my home naked, I don't think I want to sign up for a naked yoga class. I don't have body issues; I just don't think I want to be sweating out an intense yoga session naked with a group of strangers. :hippie: