Naked Yoga

B_UNKNOWN321

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Rikter8@Jul 29 2005, 07:38 PM
Whats Yoga Like?

My Dr prescribed it for me, but im quite shy to go to one.
Plus, its very difficult to find them in my area.

Is it actually theraputic?

From those that have taken it, is it for thin, In shape people only, or would a 6'1 220 lb guy be a clown in class?

Lookin for advice

C

BTW - Cube Way to friggin funny LOL
[post=333226]Quoted post[/post]​

Doing yoga will put you in shape. Though it seems as if all you're doing is striking poses, all of them intensely engage many muscle groups so that you are a sweaty mess after 30 minutes if you do the poses properly. Your size may be a hindrance in some poses, but certainly not all of them. One would think that age would be a problem -- I am twice as old as most in my class and yet I am the only one who can do the very, very difficult poses such as the backbend where your body is arched strongly upwards and you are supported on your hands and just your toes bent backwards under your butt into what looks like a big O. We had a substitute instructor this summer who looked like a Buddha when we arrived and several of us thought we would march out -- turns out she was wonderful and I was able to learn how to do some very difficult poses from her that the rail skinny regular instructor could never get me to do. Yoga is good for mental relaxation, depression and a great many other stresses that plague all of us and it is a super physical conditioner. Try it. Tom

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by MattBoyMA@Aug 15 2005, 10:06 PM
We have a naked yoga place in Boston??
[post=335834]Quoted post[/post]​

I've taken naked yoga in Boston. Well, actually, the class was in Cambridge taught by a guy called Bobby Sparling. I'm sure if you do a google search you can find the class. I was kind of hoping I'd run into Teresa Heinz or Ted Kennedy there, but no such luck.

I've also been to classes in New York and in Seattle. I hate to let folks down, but it's not the big sexual experience you imagine it to be. Most people are pretty serious about the class. (Having said that, I have to admit, I met my better half in a yoga class...)

I've been doing yoga for about 3 years and the difference it makes in my works-outs -- let alone my sense of feeling centered and at peace -- is amazing. I'm not a big fan of bikram (hot yoga): the room is too freakin' hot for me. Yoga is a great exercise form for people of all athletic abilities.