Name Some Small Things That Piss You Off

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
cashiers that don't know to give you the loose change first, then the BILLS!!![/COLOR]

why is that so DIFFICULT! ?!?!

Actually (taking up Scalawag's theme), what pisses me off that cashiers do is putting the sales receipt with your change instead of putting it in the bag with your purchase. I think that this started about 30 years ago. People under 40 may not remember a time when they put the receipt in the bag. WHO IN FUCKING HELL WANTS TO PUT THE GOD-DAMNED SALES RECEIPT INTO THEIR WALLET WITH THEIR CHANGE? Since I'm holding my wallet in one hand and I get the bills in the other, I can't just put the bills into my wallet but must PUT THEM DOWN first, REMOVE the fucking sales receipt, then PICK THEM UP AGAIN without the sales receipt to put them into my wallet, thus adding to the time that it takes me to finish my business at the check stand.

Neither of those things bother me. I'd rather be handed a receipt than later find out that it wasn't in the bad.

The change first thing I never heard of. Usually people use bills to hold the change, especially at drive thrus.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I also hate people that try to hand you the bills with the change laid on top of the paper money.

RalDudeHangin

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wish wait staff would ask before giving you a refill. I usually drink water with my meals but on occassion, a soda hits the spot. I'll do one glass, that's it. Hate to waste a full glass and leave it behind.

Tailgating, not using turn signals, and people who park their SUVs in the end spots marked "compact cars only" . . . I usually leave them a message that says "thanks for blocking traffic and my view around the corner with your huge @$$ POS". :)~

And garbonzo beans . . . I hate garbonzo beans. They anger me.

TaigaStar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
When businesses call you, say "call me back, this is ____" and then you get attitude for calling back and asking for the person you were told to ask for

just_a_girl

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People who drive extra slow because you're on their ass and they've figured you've got someplace to go, and they apparently don't.

People who, when returning to their parked car, get slow as fuckin' molasses, or decide to examine their entire fuckin' receipt... Why? Because you're waiting to park in their space. Their space. After all, it took them awhile to find it, so they sure as hell don't wanna give it up yet to your ass.

Those local news outlets who break in on a show with ten minutes to go before their actual newscast... just to bring you some p.o.s. bit of news they can’t wait to tell ‘ya.

People who speak in corporate speak: "what we can 'bring to the table'", "at the 'end of the day'".... Don't know about you, Cap, but my freakin' day's just beginning.

Gawd I detest biz-bonics!

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The use of the phrase "double-check" for "check" drives me batty. I was just in a shop where I heard the manager say to a sales assistant, "I want you to double-check this." What she meant, of course, was that she wanted the sales assistant to check the thing in question. DON'T SAY "DOUBLE-CHECK" IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT CHECKING A THING JUST ONCE! THAT'S CALLED "CHECKING," NOT "DOUBLE-CHECKING," YOU FUCKING MORONS!
People who complain about little things that piss them off is what pisses me off.

:rolleyes:
When I get bothered by that, I just piss off.

Last edited:

B_hijack

Experimental Member
Media
I hate very long signatures. Multi-colored ones are the worst; they are too histrionic for my taste.

Can signatures be ignored in this site's options?

B_hijack

Experimental Member
Media
I hate it when registers say "15 items or less" because it should say "15 items or fewer".

I see many signs that have incorrect grammar to allow the text size to be larger. I am alright with that. This summer, as we pass by construction areas, I'm sure we'll be seeing many "DRIVE SLOW" signs. I suspect that they want us to drive slowly.

D_Navengil Nutroll

Experimental Member
Media
damn. i had no idea this would turn into a superthread. guess we all have shit that bugs us. :)

two more. both involve parking. if you want to take up two spaces to protect your vehicle, do so far away. highly uncool to do that in the first line at the grocery store parking lot. in philadelphia, they will scratch your paint on purpose if you do that.

also, do not park so close to my car that i can't get in when there are 40,000 other spaces around. crawling through the passenger side in a stick shift is not comfortable.

a neighbor of mine growing up used to carry these xeroxed copies of mickey mouse holding up the middle finger. it read "i hope you don't fuck like you park, you'd never get it in". he would leave them on peoples windshields when needed.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Posts in huge red letters piss me off.

What he said (in red) is true though. This is a big pet peeve when shopping. I have intentionally turned my hand over and let the change fall on the counter or floor. The casher usually stares confused but I make them pick it up.