Name Your Favorite Movie About...

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My favorite movie about time travel is Somewhere In Time, starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymore. A man falls in love with a photograph of a woman and travels back in time to meet her. One of the most romantic films ever made. Amazing from start to finish. Even the soundtrack by John Barry is wonderful. It has a good grasp on the question of time travel and makes one think the power of love can accomplish that.

YouTube - Somewhere In Time trailer

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not sure that I have a favourite, but if pressed, I suppose it would have to be either the original The Time Machine or Terminator.

I just love the concept of the time paradox.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
This is only tangentially related, but my dad sent me some funny ads the other day and I thought this was hilarious. Done this once before?

Attachments

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is only tangentially related, but my dad sent me some funny ads the other day and I thought this was hilarious. Done this once before?

Pretty damn funny!

I'll have to add that "12 Monkeys" and "Time Bandits" are excellent time traveling movies. I saw Time Bandits as a child and will forever love that movie.

"Primer" is just too fucking awesome but...

"Happy Accidents" is probably my favorite of all of them, it is the most watchable of them all and has some brilliant acting by Marisa Tomei and Vincent D'Onofrio.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

"No way!"
"Way"
"Most excellent!"

I'm not a big fan of time-travel MOVIES or TV programs, but I thought The Grim Reaper was an especially well drawn and acted character in the second Bill and Ted movies. He reminded me of so many bass guitarists I've known. And my favorite line of practically any film, book, or conversation ever overheard is from Time Bandits.

Sir. Ralph Richardson as God: "Where's Og?
Dwarf #1: "Og is dead!"
Sir Richardson: "Well, that's no excuse for missing work!"
Sir Richardson brings Og back to life and orders him to get busy.

Ah, yes. . . being dead is no excuse for missing work. How many times have we all heard that? :smile:

Last edited:

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i saw the Americanized version of that, called "Just Visiting" before i saw the original.

adding to the list:

Primer (2004) (i've gone over it in my head and read outside sources more times than i can count, and still have little-to-no idea what happened.)

Los cronocrímenes (2007)

a fun on-topic link:
Temporal Anomalies in Popular Time Travel Movies

So which one did you like better? The "americanized" or the original one?
There are 2 or 3 parts of the movie, but the first one was the best.

Ah yeah, Bill and Ted. One (or actually two) of my favourite movies ever. How could I forget that?

Edit: I found a link to a video of "Les Visiteurs" on youtube. Unfortunately it's in french, but the actors speak for themselves.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHA4W3g5Ta4

Last edited:

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Midlifebear:
Sorry, I don't really speak french, only a tiny little bit (what's left from school). I only speak german, english and some spanish.
I saw the movie in german. Not with subtitles, I saw it with german translation.
But I really like french movies, and I love Jean Reno as actor. I've loved him ever since he played in "Leon".

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
yeah, i'll pretty much have to go with the Terminator series. But if i have to pick one, i'll go with Terminator 2.

BUT, when it comes to time travel, i can't remember reading about it better than with The Time Traveler's Wife. Just so well-written! the movie was a letdown, but it never was going to match up to the book.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So which one did you like better? The "americanized" or the original one?
There are 2 or 3 parts of the movie, but the first one was the best.

Edit: I found a link to a video of "Les Visiteurs" on youtube. Unfortunately it's in french, but the actors speak for themselves.....
YouTube - LES VISITEURS 1 best of

i went a few years in between seeing the diff. versions, so its hard to compare...i saw the Americanized many years ago, then forgot about it, then something jogged my memory and i wanted to watch it again, and somehow picked the original French instead. they're both fun, not really focused on the scientific aspects of time travel, but still entertaining.