name your top 5 favorite movies of all time

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So, in following in wldhoney's footsteps, I'll start...

The Wedding Banquet

Take a gay Chinese man in the closet from his folks who want him married, put him in a New York browstone with his boyfriend, plan an arranged marriage to appease the parents and get a green card for a tenant and you have one of the funniest most moving films of it's day

Citizen Kane

This was the movie William randolph Hearst tried to destroy. This was the movie Hollywood gave Orson Welles unquestioned control over. In the end, it destroyed both men. You've heard the word "Rosebud", but do you know what it is? See it and find out.

Eat, Drink, Man, Woman

Chronicle of a widowed Chinese Master Chef and his eclectic relations with his three daughters. WARNING: Do NOT watch this film nless you have access to really good Chinese food. You will be hungry after watching it.

Akira Kurosawa's Ran

Shakespeares King Lear set in 19th century feudal Japan. Lot's of colors, amazing settings, and blood. A Kurosawa classic.

Federico Fellini's Juliet of the Spirits

The story of Julietta. A wealthy Italian housewife who questions her own sexuality while coping with the realization her husband is having an affair. One of his lesssr known, but to me, much better than 8 1/2.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I really only have two. Steve Martin's The Jerk ...still funny today. I remember many funny lines.
I'm paraphrasing...
"the new telephone book is here"
"these cans, he hates these cans".
"thank you Mrs. Nusbaum".
"...and this chair...all I need it ...and this chair"
"I'll call you shithead"
"I'll have more money to send home because my girlfriend is going to give me a blow JOB."

For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.

I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days.

Mother: Navin, it's your birthday, and it's time you knew. You're not our natural-born child.
Navin R. Johnson: I'm not? You mean I'm gonna STAY this color?

You look so beautiful and peaceful, you almost look dead. And I'm glad, because there's something I want to say that's always been very difficult for me to say.
[pause]
Navin R. Johnson: "I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit." There. I've never been relaxed enough around anyone to say that.

New Accounts Bank Manager: I will need two pieces of identification.
Navin R. Johnson: Ah yes. I have my temporary driver's license - and - my astronaut application form... I didn't pass that though, I failed everything but the date of birth.

Oh, this is the best pizza in a cup ever. This guy is unbelievable. He ran the old Cup 'o Pizza guy out of business. People come from all over to eat this.

and Bram Stoker's Dracula. (FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA)
Visually stunning, Great Story (explains why he became Dracula)
great actors. Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins,
and Keanu Reeves (Yum)
Also done with practical effects instead of CGI special effects

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Bugsy Malone

Bugsy Malone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some Like it Hot

Some Like It Hot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Driving Miss Daisy

Driving Miss Daisy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Color Purple

The Color Purple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paper Moon

Paper Moon (film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Bugsy Malone is my all-time favorite movie. It's a spoof on gangster movies, with kids playing all the roles. I don't know why I like it, but I've loved it ever since I first saw it when I was little. Every time I see it I just get nostalgic for my childhood, and that's why it continues to be my favorite movie.

Some Like it Hot is just hilarious and who doesn't like it? I can remember the first time I ever watched it when I was very young, with my mom and my brother. My mom always loved it, especially Jack Lemmon, so we grew to love it also. It's such a great movie that every time I see it it makes me laugh with the same intensity as the first time I saw it.

The others, I love because they are wonderful movies and they also speak to me in various ways about my own life. I can see many of my own experiences in each of those movies in some way. Obviously, none of them tells my life story, but they do make me think and reminisce about events and experiences both happy and sad in my own life, and that's why I love them.

One that I just can't go without mentioning is The Wizard of Oz. I love that movie, and I watch it every chance I get. I know it's a bit cliched, but the simple fact is that it truly is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bugsy Malone

Bugsy Malone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some Like it Hot

Some Like It Hot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Driving Miss Daisy

Driving Miss Daisy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Color Purple

The Color Purple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paper Moon

Paper Moon (film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Bugsy Malone is my all-time favorite movie. It's a spoof on gangster movies, with kids playing all the roles. I don't know why I like it, but I've loved it ever since I first saw it when I was little. Every time I see it I just get nostalgic for my childhood, and that's why it continues to be my favorite movie.

Some Like it Hot is just hilarious and who doesn't like it? I can remember the first time I ever watched it when I was very young, with my mom and my brother. My mom always loved it, especially Jack Lemmon, so we grew to love it also. It's such a great movie that every time I see it it makes me laugh with the same intensity as the first time I saw it.

The others, I love because they are wonderful movies and they also speak to me in various ways about my own life. I can see many of my own experiences in each of those movies in some way. Obviously, none of them tells my life story, but they do make me think and reminisce about events and experiences both happy and sad in my own life, and that's why I love them.

One that I just can't go without mentioning is The Wizard of Oz. I love that movie, and I watch it every chance I get. I know it's a bit cliched, but the simple fact is that it truly is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Bugsy Malone and The Color Purple are wonderful movies. Gotta love Bugsy for having an all kid cast and the gangsters being "offed" with cream puff spewing Tommy Guns.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like Water for Chocolate,Raise the Red Lantern,Out of Africa,How to Make an American Quilt,Joy Luck Club

Second team

Bastard out of Carolina, Dancing At Lughnasa,THe Five Heartbeats,Empire of the Sun, Ellen Foster

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like Water for Chocolate,Raise the Red Lantern,Out of Africa,How to Make an American Quilt,Joy Luck Club

Second team

Bastard out of Carolina ,Dancing At Lughnasa,THe Five Heartbeats,Empire of the Sun, Ellen Foster

OH MY GOD!! I love Raise the Red Lantern. It's an excellent movie. Gong Li is a wonderful actress.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Okay.....I reserve the right to add and move my choices around! I can never think of them all off the top of my head until someone else mentions them. What can I say. I'm woman, thus I change my mind....alot! So, for right now:

1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I can watch them over and over.

2. Kissing Jessica Stein. Smart and sexy.

3. Chocolat. I love the feel of it.

4. The trilogy "Red", "White", and "Blue".

5. Could be Sling Blade, or American Beauty, or Braveheart, or Forrest Gump or Love and Sex, or ......

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm surprised that no one mentioned The Godfather. That may be a more blue collar or Italian favorite.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay.....I reserve the right to add and move my choices around! I can never think of them all off the top of my head until someone else mentions them. What can I say. I'm woman, thus I change my mind....alot! So, for right now:

1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I can watch them over and over.

2. Kissing Jessica Stein. Smart and sexy.

3. Chocolat. I love the feel of it.

4. The trilogy "Red", "White", and "Blue".

5. Could be Sling Blade, or American Beauty, or Braveheart, or Forrest Gump or Love and Sex, or ......

OK, that settles it. Everybody over to our house for movies and snacks. Bring PJs, it's gong to be a long night. Beware the 4 year old, he likes MUCH older women. :wink:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Crash was a well made movie, entertaining, and interesting.
But I think it should have been called "Only 20 people live in L.A. and they keep bumping into each other."
The coincidences were preposterous.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because I could do 100. We don't go to Blockbuster anymore because I own so many movies. My friends are jealous at just how many DVDs from the Criterion Collection I own.

OMG you too! I Love that collection .Tell me what you have....PULEASE! I am so glad you and Chris dont live near me! LOL! YOu all might have to adopt me as a sister! LOL!