name your top 5 favorite movies of all time

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Think the list would be more interesting by genre (horror, comedy, etc), but these are the top five I can think of right now, without thinking to much:)

-Kill Bill Vol I
-Kill Bill Vol 2
-Let the Right One In (weird, but VERY spooky Swedish film about a vampire kid, Please watch it if you haven't:)
-Evil Dead
-Takeshi Kitano's Zatoichi (all time favorite samurai movie)

Ah, Kill Bill. But is it (are they) horror, fight movie, or comedy? Or all three?

My #1, Raise the Red Lantern - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, directed by Zhang Yimou Difficult to obtain nowadays, but just look at the discussion of the characters' motivations on IMDB, where all of the participants in the debate acknowledge the sheer beauty of the film-making.

Flying Down To Rio. Starring the fabulous Dolores del Rio, whose flawless complexion sparked rumours that she owed it all to facials from the rent-boys of Mexico City, and introducing the novelty dancing act of Fred Astair and Ginger Rodgers. And show-girls dancing on the wings of bi-planes. Heh, they knew how to live in 1933.

Bladerunner. Philip K Dick, Ridley Scott and Vangellis. And Harrison Ford. (That's author, director, musician and star.)

Pink Flamingoes by John Walters, starring Divine. Not subtle at all.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Le Dernier Metro (The Last Metro)
Enchanted April
The Last Of Sheila
Ship Of Fools
A tie between Day for Night (La nuit Amercaine) and Les Demoiselles de Rochefort (The Young Girls of Rochefort)
There are so many others but you said pick five!

billy butt

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My favourites::smile:

When Harry Met Sally(Great dialogue)

Back to the future

Aliens(1986)

Das Boot

Groundhog day