Namecalling revenge from gays

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The exchange of ritual insults is as old as language itself. Usually in most communities it is cathartic. The only country I am aware of that actually uses insults in an abusive and vindictive (even threatening) way at the slightes excuse is the one where the insult vocabulary is so poor as to be a repetitive litany is ... you guessed it. In Europe the hidden gay world often shared a "language" with the criminal fraternity but my limited knowledge tells me that the biggest insult gay men and women projected to str8 people was to address them is if gay. A convoluted defense meachanism no doubt.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In other news: This thread is trash.

I agree with Lex.

How about an equally stupid and inflammatory question, such as:
1) Is it coincidence that the best looking, most well hung men on LPSG identify themselves as being at least 60% Gay?

2) Has anybody else noticed that many of the straight men with thick 8+ inch cocks have beer bellys and have otherwise let their bodies go to seed.

3) Is this because straight men believe all they need is a big dick to get a woman and Gay men care not just about getting laid but pleasing their partner?

I warned you that the questions would be stupid & inflammatory. :tongue:

njqt466

D_Festus_Fannipat

Account Disabled
Media
We can choose, individually, whether words have power or not.

For example, if somebody calls me a "fag," it is up to me to determine if I will allow that word to have power (and if I will allow that person to use that power against me). In most cases, the use of this type of word defines the person who uttered it; it has very little to do with me. If I decide that the word has no power, then it cannot harm me--that person cannot harm me.

So, for me, I have no harsh words for others; I have no need to harm others. Nor can others get into my psyche in a "power play" with words.

Revenge is pointless.

Peace.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
Haole

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Haole, in the Hawaiian language, means "foreign" or "foreigner"; it can be used in reference to people, plants, and animals. It is also used in Hawaiian Pidgin as a term meaning "white" or "Caucasian." Haole is a highly charged word and can be used descriptively or derisively.
In Hawaiian pidgin, local is usually considered the opposite of haole. Local is an omnibus term for any non-white raised in Hawaiʻi, encompassing Hawaiians, part-Hawaiians, Japanese, Japanese-Hawaiians, Chinese, Chinese-Hawaiians, etc. The antonymy reflects a long history of race and class conflict in the Hawaiian islands, in which the upper class (plantation and business owners, professionals) tended to be haole and the working class was local. Hence the descendants of Portuguese imported for plantation work are usually considered local, even though in other parts of the United States they would be considered "white".
Some people say that it makes sense to speak of local haoles -- haoles who have grown up in Hawaiʻi and speak pidgin. Others would say that the term 'local haole' is nonsense. Another term used is kamaʻāina haole, or 'child-of-the-land' haole. Anyone born and brought up in Hawaiʻi can be a kamaʻāina.
These various shades of meaning could be debated at length. Malihinis (newcomers) should be careful using such nuanced words.

[edit] Origins and etymology

A common popular etymology claims that the word is derived from "hāʻole", literally meaning "no breath". Foreigners did not know or use the honi (the Hawaiian word for "kiss"), a Polynesian/Hawaiian greeting by touching nose-to-nose and inhaling or essentially sharing each other's breaths, and so the foreigners were described as "breathless". The implication is that haoles are aloof and ignorant of local ways - a common stereotype in Hawaiʻi. Linguists believe that this etymology is erroneous, however, for these reasons:
  • There are innumerable citations from Hawaiian showing that haole simply means 'foreign'. For example, haole ʻeleʻele means a dark-skinned foreigner.
  • The word 'breath' is hā (with a macron or kahakō over the a), not plain ha. The word 'not' is ʻole, with a glottal stop or ʻokina, not ole, which means 'fang'. In spoken Hawaiian, vowel length is contrastive, and these are major differences in pronunciation. However, they would not appear in Hawaiian dictionaries using the older form of Hawaiian spelling, which did not use kahakō or ʻokina (considered a consonant) to indicate vowel length and glottal stops. Only modern dictionaries show the kahakō and ʻokina. It seems likely that the folk etymology was created by someone with only a dictionary knowledge of Hawaiian, using an older dictionary.

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
and for the record...
I am 1/4 hawaiian, and I get treated like garbage here in hawaii.

It's pretty common for mixed people to get bad mouthed. If people decided that you don't look ______ enough, they tear you a new one.

The Alaskan equivalent of haole is 'cheechako', means 'walkaway' in athabaskan, white people wandered off before being given brains.

I should not find that funny, yet I do.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
what really gets me bad is that I was born in Hawaii, Raised in Hawaii (until age 4) moved to the mainland, *both parents were teachers*
moved back, and get treated like garbage.
but if someone moves here from the phillipenes or wherever, all of a sudden they are "local"
like it is some sort of im darker than you personality test.
totally weak.
im moving back to LA where at least everyone knows that they are being assholes! :)

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
what really gets me bad is that I was born in Hawaii, Raised in Hawaii (until age 4) moved to the mainland, *both parents were teachers*
moved back, and get treated like garbage.
but if someone moves here from the phillipenes or wherever, all of a sudden they are "local"
like it is some sort of im darker than you personality test.
totally weak.
im moving back to LA where at least everyone knows that they are being assholes! :)

*sniffle*

I know what you mean. I'm African, Native American, and European, and I'm pretty pale. Growing up I got harassed a lot for being pale and had a lot of people tell me that I was really weird because I was soooooooo pale and had an afro. I get so pissed off when people ask me which "I identify more with black or white."

But it is fun to see the look on their face when I tell them "neither, since both groups treat me like crap."

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When being insuulted for being gay I reply,'Don't get your hopes...or anything else up"! Silly, I suppose, but I can't control myself sometimes.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I never have found retaliating in name calling to be beneficial. I pity people who are bigots. oooo This reminded me of Gandhi, and a fact about his umm dentures. He used to keep his dentures in the front of his loincloth. Can anybody say OWWWWWWWW.

I was conceived in Hawaii and am pretty sure I have a Hawaiian spirit.

Does that count? :paranoid:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Not even a simple: Go fuck yourself, twatface?"

or

"Keep it shut asshole"

or

"You're a fucking loser"?

I can go all day:wink:

He ignored my sarcastic jibe at his freudian slip, too. Clearly, this is serious.

Hang in there, JB... another 2 1/4 hours and you will have kept your resolution for a week, which is about 3 days longer than the half-life of a typical new year's resolution.