Nancy Pelosi is an ass

witchway

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
She can be a ballbreaker, I think her penis is bigger than mine, but that's why she is where she is. I think it's refreshing she is heading into the job demanding accountability and responsibility, not to mention change, she's unwavering at the moment, we'll see how it turns out ? I mean complaining now, we know what wasn't working before. For better or worse, she's in and what we have to deal with.

BTW, I thought it a big mistake to put Bush in as President, not only was he put in, but the masses kept him for a 2nd term.
I agree with you completely TF99!!:smile:

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Although in the past, both Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer have caused me heartburn, I am more than willing to give her the benefit of the doubt as we move forward. Much of her recent rhetoric is about reaching across the aisle and is far less ideological and demagogical than it was previously. That's because she is now in a position of leadership of the party in power in congress and moderation will be required to be effective.

As mentioned in my prior posting today, I lean towards libertarian ideals (unfortunately, as a party, it is too ideological and inflexible to have any likelihood of gaining power) so I have not found too many democrats for whom I have felt comfortable voting. Despite that, I am reasonably happy the republican leadership got a hard slap upside the head in the last election. Perhaps it will aid in purging that party of its hard right faction that espouses hate filled rhetoric and endorses the move away from the constitutional protection of our individual liberties.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
In rehab I had time on my hands and watched CNN news. I saw nothing on TV that Nancy said or did that indicated she was acting like an ass.

I've read critical editorials about her in the past and I was pleasantly surprised. The opening day of Congress was not one in which serious business of the House was being conducted.

CNN gave Nancy very high reviews on her performance that day.

This thread totally baffled me when I read it. I was impressed with Nancy. I guess that makes me an ass. LOL

One thing is for sure, we all have one.:biggrin1:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who said 'ladies" were supposed to behave in a certain way? I didn't. I was more embarrassed by Howard Dean's behavior than I was by Pelosi's and said so at the time.

This has nothing to do with gender. Her behavior was beneath the dignity of a person who's been charged with such responsibilities.

I resent the hell out of being told what I would have done given different circumstances. You haven't the right to do that for or to me or anybody else, Jana.

I don't eat or otherwise accept shit from anyone. :mad:

Get the misanthropic chip off your shoulder.

How was her behavior beneath the dignity of any other politician, and why would you single her out? You claim to "have her back" but can't even give her more than a couple days before you start slashing her for antics she didn't even do. I DID watch the swearing in, and while she did make several statements about having removed the glass ceiling for women, she didn't say "She was the most powerful woman in America" at all. I thought maybe she had done something else since then- had I known you were referring to the swearing in ceremony, I'd have responded far more harshly.

You posted a VERY opinionated thread that was full of hysterical misinformation. Don't think for a moment you won't be called on it.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is the big joke in America, that people don't realize something has to be real before it can be held sacred. This means that you should first find out whether some image is actually oriented toward reality and based on reality and a pretty fair representation of reality before you go crazy.

To do that, I think all of us have to do the same thing, which is to start by finding groups of level headed, objective people with common sense who know more about a subject than you do, and see what they say. Usually I have to also read something objective and in depth, something more than just a rant or email--but a real, long drawn out reflection or discussion. Maybe by a few experts. Then I have to think about it over time and let it settle in, and ask other people I know with common sense what they think. If I don't make a habit of doing that, I don't see how I could tell when I was actually being hysterical myself, or making mountains out of molehills, or getting all worked up about something that wasn't even real.

This is a great post, and I point I have tried unsucessfully to make many times. Something DOES have to be real before it can be sacred. You just can't go making up nonsense and call it reality, then act as if it's so- that's insanity. If it isn't important enough to even check the facts (ie, religion, politics, the time of day) then even having a point of view is a waste of time.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
She will never have another opportunity to act with dignity and decorum such as the one she had the day she was sworn in, and she blew it bigtime. Where does she get off with this "most powerful woman in America" bullshit? That's called lording it over people, and it's poor form. She's deluded if she thinks she has any real power, anyway. God owns that.

Of course, the big difference between God and politicians is that God never thinks he's a politician.

Awwwww someone sounds a tad crushed LOL........... She is RIGHT , she IS the most powerful woman in America. Third in line to the presidency makes this true.
Go Nancy, lord all the power you want all over the place.
One just hopes that the 110th Congress learns from the DO NOTHING congress and acts upon the best interest of the citizens who voted them in. Stop feeding greed in this country and start emboldening it's citizens.
It is a fukin travesty the allowances they gave oil companies while millions of people live in poverty in the wealthiest albeit most indebted country in the world.
The Repugnicans did far worse in their "lack of decorum" so Pelosi could do NOTHING to match or surpass their audacity.
Poor form is not allowing a minority group the appropriate room to caucus and instead telling them they have to use a broom closet. THAT IS POOR FORM.
I was so hoping the ones in power with intelligence would reduce the losers to the broom closet as well but I heard they are allowing them to caucus in the place which was intended for caucusing.
Time will tell if the 110th congress has the balls to tell numbnuts to go to hell and do what the people voted them in to do.
Raise Minimum wage
Bring about stem cell funding
Bring our troops home that are just waiting to be massacred and END the unconcsionable quagmire of a war that was started cause Georgie was told by GOD to start.

Ohhhhhhh and for clarification GOD is not a HE or a SHE. God is both and all .

:banana:
HORSE

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not the biggest fan of the Dramacrates but less people forget, the election is over. Bitching about the people in power now is like crying because the barn door was left open and the horses ran away. We have the Congress that we voted in.

What we all need to do is just sit back and actually see what goes on. The country has shifted to the left, I can live with that (like I have a choice lol). I'm going to watch and see what happens.

When we break it down there really is only two choices you are going to have:

1) You like what you see

2) you don't like what you see

For me, right now, it's way too early to see if I like it or not.

As for Nancy Pelosi, I haven't really been impressed with her, but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgement. She IS the first woman to reach her position, I will give her credit and kudos for that. It's another barrier that has been broken down and (hopefully) will remain broken forever.

Regardless of if you like her or dislike her, she has been an effective role model for women everywhere just by reaching the position she has reached.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is it not proper to refer to a female speaker of the house as a cunt as opposed to an ass?

Perhaps given her position, cuntess is in order.

sklar said:
I'm not the biggest fan of the Dramacrates but less people forget, the election is over. Bitching about the people in power now is like crying because the barn door was left open and the horses ran away. We have the Congress that we voted in.

What we all need to do is just sit back and actually see what goes on. The country has shifted to the left, I can live with that (like I have a choice lol). I'm going to watch and see what happens.

When we break it down there really is only two choices you are going to have:

1) You like what you see

2) you don't like what you see

For me, right now, it's way too early to see if I like it or not.

As for Nancy Pelosi, I haven't really been impressed with her, but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgement. She IS the first woman to reach her position, I will give her credit and kudos for that. It's another barrier that has been broken down and (hopefully) will remain broken forever.

Regardless of if you like her or dislike her, she has been an effective role model for women everywhere just by reaching the position she has reached.

I know you're not a fan of Dems, but I think this attitude is very gracious. FWIW, I did the same for bush and let his behavior determine my opinion. I wasn't impressed at the beginning, but then I gave him a chance when he seemed to step up to the plate about Afghanistan. HOWEVER, I was against going to Iraq from the beginning, so I've been a naysayer since. That's based on his job performance, not what I think of him personally. The fact that I dislike him personally is a separate issue. I did give him a chance as a leader, and I think anyone who manages to get elected deserves at least that.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let me say my one (or three) sexist thing...

She has an absolutely great pair of tits... pretty good lookin' broad... needs to lay off of the Botox though!!!!!

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
LIKE IT OR NOT, she is the most powerful woman in the United States today.
She is an excellent congressperson and a leader that we can respect , unilke the last 3 speakers of the house. It is mot suprising that the redneck southerners hate her already. No , I dont regret her ascendancy to power.
I do regret your bigoted, closed minds and Taliban-like views of intelligent, powerful women. Get out of Dixie and see what the rest of the U.S is electing to office! apparently , you slept through the recent election. Good for us, bad for you. God bless San Francisco and California!!!!!!

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a Virginian, I found this hypocrisy elegantly stunning:

It is mot suprising that the redneck southerners hate her already. [...]
I do regret your bigoted, closed minds [...] Get out of Dixie

Voters in former Confederate states elected two new Democratic Senators (Webb and McCaskill), and six new Democratic Representatives (Shuler, Yarmuth, Lampson, Rodriguez, Mahoney, and Klein), as well as returning 54 Democratic incumbents to the House.

Puntie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
She will never have another opportunity to act with dignity and decorum such as the one she had the day she was sworn in, and she blew it bigtime. Where does she get off with this "most powerful woman in America" bullshit? That's called lording it over people, and it's poor form. She's deluded if she thinks she has any real power, anyway. God owns that.

Of course, the big difference between God and politicians is that God never thinks he's a politician.

Listen mate we can only hope and pray that Dubya and the other fella get knocked down or shot or hung or something along them lines and then Pelosi would be president. So technically she is the most powerful women in America and the third most powerful person.

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well one thing I will say for sure: It will be refreshing if some of the incursions into our constitutional liberties are rolled back.

Perhaps congress, the democrats with the cooperation of some portion of disgruntaled republicans, will once again exercise its role as a co-equal branch of government.

Same thing with the drug war jihad. Interesting to note: the most recent assertion by the executive branch that it can open protected mail was accompanied by the justification of the "ticking bomb" exception. One official noted that without this ability, the postal service will become nothing more than a delivery service for terrorists and DRUG DEALERS. Now where is the "ticking bomb" with regards to drugs? Drugs are not going to explode while waiting for a warrant. Perhaps we will even be wise enough to end the era of prohibition and focus on drug abuse as a possible public health issue and not an issue for the already overburdened public safety, judicial, and correctional systems.

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Listen mate we can only hope and pray that Dubya and the other fella get knocked down or shot or hung or something along them lines and then Pelosi would be president.

What a fucking retarded thing to say. Do I understand you correctly?

If you don't have enough respect to honor the most basic tenets of a civilized society, perhaps you could SHUT THE FUCK UP.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What a fucking retarded thing to say. Do I understand you correctly?

If you don't have enough respect to honor the most basic tenets of a civilized society, perhaps you could SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Okay, then can we just wish that they'll get exposed for their criminal behaviors and be dethroned properly?

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
A little history lesson that may be of interest to some of you:

When JFK was assasinated, LBJ took office. There was no provision for appointing a VP, so there was none during the remainder of that term. The 25th Amendment was enacted to provide for a mechanism to put one in place should it be needed.

When Agnew was forced to resign to face criminal charges, Ford was nominated to become VP. Nixon was already in trouble and his eventual removal from office was anticipated. The democrats controlled congress, but Ford, a republican, was assured of confirmation because he had a broad base of support that crossed party lines.

There was a small faction of democrats led by Bella Abzug who went to the then speaker of the house, democrat Carl Albert, who by law was the next in line to the presidency after the VP. Abzug's faction proposed to Albert that the congress drag its feet on the confirmation of Ford so that upon Nixon's eventual resignation or removal from office, Carl Albert would become president.

Carl Albert was reported to have basically thrown them out of his office. He, like Ford, placed the good of his country above his personal gain. This moment is considered by historians to be as close to a coup d'etat as the US has ever come.

It has been said (by Ford at his inauguration, among others) that we are a nation of laws, not men. But it takes men of the caliber of Ford and Albert to see that it remains that way.