Nancy Pelosi is an ass

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Why is it people tend to blow smoke instead of respond to facts? That happens so much in this chat room. This is a thread about Nancy Pelosi. Discuss her why don't ya? If she succeeds in promoting her agenda, we'll all cry on April 15th. I find anyone who is rude and obnoxious to be repulsive and I don't care what party you support. I wish H. Ross Perot had won in 1992. We wouldn't be in such a screwed up mess. We might have even reduced the national deficit and put system riders to work.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why is it people tend to blow smoke instead of respond to facts? That happens so much in this chat room. This is a thread about Nancy Pelosi. Discuss her why don't ya? If she succeeds in promoting her agenda, we'll all cry on April 15th. I find anyone who is rude and obnoxious to be repulsive and I don't care what party you support. I wish H. Ross Perot had won in 1992. We wouldn't be in such a screwed up mess. We might have even reduced the national deficit and put system riders to work.

Ross Perot wasn't rude and obnoxious? Wow, i must be thinking of a different Ross Perot.

BTW, didn't Clinton have us in surplus???

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Ross Perot wasn't rude and obnoxious? Wow, i must be thinking of a different Ross Perot.

The surplus came from the technicalogical revolution and the massive trading in the stock market. That money could have been used to shore up social security and reduce the deficit. Instead, it was spent. Both parties had a hand in it. As far as people offending someone, there isn't a
person who speaks their mind that won't offend someone. The peeps on the extreme left/right do it all the time. The only time that nobody is offended by something someone says is when nobody says anything at all.
Some peeps would be offended if you said good morning or nice weather we're having.

Expando1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She will never have another opportunity to act with dignity and decorum such as the one she had the day she was sworn in, and she blew it bigtime. Where does she get off with this "most powerful woman in America" bullshit? That's called lording it over people, and it's poor form. She's deluded if she thinks she has any real power, anyway. God owns that.

Of course, the big difference between God and politicians is that God never thinks he's a politician.

hmm...have some issues with authoratative women i see, eh.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The surplus came from the technicalogical revolution and the massive trading in the stock market. That money could have been used to shore up social security and reduce the deficit. Instead, it was spent. Both parties had a hand in it. As far as people offending someone, there isn't a
person who speaks their mind that won't offend someone. The peeps on the extreme left/right do it all the time. The only time that nobody is offended by something someone says is when nobody says anything at all.
Some peeps would be offended if you said good morning or nice weather we're having.

So... what you're saying then is that you find everyone to be repulsive, because everyone is at some time rude and obnoxious?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
hmm...have some issues with authoratative women i see, eh.

You might say that. You'd be wrong as shit, but you might say it.

In the initial post of this thread I said what I did based on false information, which mindseye pointed out to be just that. Upon realizing the nature of my error, I apologized. This has nothing to do with gender, and nothing I said would lead a reasonable person to assume that it did. If you'd read the entire thread before you jumped to your nasty conclusion, you'd have realized that and kept silent.

BTW, it's "authoritative", not "authoratative". But apparently you have issues with dictionaries.

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Yes, and I believe he sent a thank you note to Ronald Reagan for the pro-growth tax policies that were put into place prior to President Clinton's arrival in Washington, which were largely responsible for freeing the American people from burdensome marginal tax rates (exceeding 70% at the top bracket...no wonder people choose to work less and lounge more with a silent partner like Uncle Sam) which resulted in a surge in production, productivity, innovation, AND increased tax revenue. All of which contributed to an increase in the standard of living here and elsewhere in the world. I might add, Reagan wasn't the first to find success with this approach. Democrat John Kennedy did the same early in his term and unleashed a huge economic boom. Looks like the feckless Geo II even has had it right on taxes as we now see the economy produce ever more revenue for the government and a current deficit that has been cut in half in the past few years and, with some spending restraint by congress, will possibly be eliminated in the next few years.

As Adam Smith observed in his important work "Wealth of Nations" it is not out of beneficence that the butcher, baker, and candlestick maker provide their goods, but out of pursuit of their own self-interests. A huge tax bite, together with a nanny-state, removes the incentive to produce.

Capitalism may result in inequality in the distribution of income, but we have a choice between being unequally wealthy or equally poor. I choose the former. All but the most ardent of adherents to communism have folded and accepted that human behavior is based on incentives, not dictates from authoritarian bureaucrats who know what is best for the "masses".

SammyQ

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey can someone tell me what Nancy Pelosi did? My brother hates her sooo much and I try to keep away from politics....

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Hey can someone tell me what Nancy Pelosi did? My brother hates her sooo much and I try to keep away from politics....

It turns out she didn't do anything. I started this thread based on a news story I couldn't verify and have since come to believe it was false. I was wrong.

But this thread rolls on and on...

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Nancy Pelosi is a democrat representative from San Francisco Ca that was the (minority) leader of her party in the house of representatives until this past election, where the democrats took control of congress by winning the majority of the seats. She is now the Speaker of the House, a position of considerable power and influence and one that puts her second in the line of succession to the office of the presidency, after the Vice President

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The president and politicians, to a lesser exteet, ride the wave of what has come before them -- good or bad.

Reagan took credit for the hostages freed under Carter, albeit released after Reagan was in office.

Clinton rode on the economic successes that were founded with the awfulness of Reaganomics.

Bush Jr. squandered all of the money Clinton saved.

Just because you have a good surfboard and huge wave does not mean that you won't wipe out.

With great power comes great responsibility.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Okay, then can we just wish that they'll get exposed for their criminal behaviors and be dethroned properly?

Hahahahahahahahaha . I love how this was worded since W likes to think of himself as KING of his Theocratic government.

I am sure in due time especially if Georgie doesn't tread lightly subpeonas will be flying and heads will roll , even more than we have seen up to now.
Last year was destined, they have gotten away with far too much criminal activity like fixing elections, hampering voters in heavy Dem areas, etc. 2006 was a 8 year, the number of power and truth and justice.
Boy did we see a helluva lot of truth and justice all over the administration then the people HAD power again and used their voice to express it.
2007 is a 9 which is the number of finality. Maybe with any luck this will mean the complete emasculation of the Repugnican party.
75%+ of the voters aged 18-30 vote Democrat.
THIS IS THE FUTURE OF VOTING. Oddly enough this was a record voting year for that demographic b/c of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report with Stephen Colbert........... who lampoons KING O'Reilly with daunting efficacy.
2008 is a 1 year, the number of a pioneer which means our country will have either the first woman or African-American as president.

:banana:
HORSE

Expando1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It turns out she didn't do anything. I started this thread based on a news story I couldn't verify and have since come to believe it was false. I was wrong.

But this thread rolls on and on...

Ohhhh...
Politics, Religion, and Sex...the three deadly sins of discussion forums...forever, the bane of moderators' existence.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
How was her behavior beneath the dignity of any other politician, and why would you single her out?

What I thought she'd done, based on information that later proved to be false, was asinine. I made a factual error regarding her behavior, and have since admitted it several times. But I've been pretty vocal about the behavior of male politicans, and actors, and other public figures in the past. I singled her out because she's the only one that got caught. Turns out the evidence on which I based my opinion was false.

You claim to "have her back" but can't even give her more than a couple days before you start slashing her for antics she didn't even do.

I agree, and have since retracted everything I said.

I DID watch the swearing in, and while she did make several statements about having removed the glass ceiling for women, she didn't say "She was the most powerful woman in America" at all. I thought maybe she had done something else since then- had I known you were referring to the swearing in ceremony, I'd have responded far more harshly.

I can't find anything in the entire thread that would lead you to assume I was talking about the swearing in ceremony. The report I read, which was apparently a fabrication, referred to a celebration that was held the night before the swearing in ceremony. You jumped to conclusions again on this point.

You posted a VERY opinionated thread that was full of hysterical misinformation. Don't think for a moment you won't be called on it.

You're partially right. It was wrong. But it wasn't hysterical.

It wasn't you who called my error to my attention. It was you who accused me of sexism and prejudice against females. You had nothing on which to base those statements, and I want you to admit it.

Now, I asked you a question earlier, after this little bit of theatrics:

Maybe "ladies" are supposed to act with more dignity, right? I resent the hell out of that. None of these briliiant points would be being made if she was a man. Of course, she wouldn't need to assert herself if she were a man, so I guess that's a moot point.

Get over yourselves guys, women aren't going to just look cute and bake you brownies forever. If you have to eat a little shit, imagine what it's been like to be ME my whole life, and not like the taste of shit.:soapbox:

What have I posted in this or any other thread that indicates to you that I am responding to the behavior of a woman any differently than I would to that of a man?

Where do you get off making assumptions about what I would do if we were talking about male behavior.

Your statements are mean-spirited, unwarranted, assumption-based, and downright hurtful.

Don't throw me in with a bunch of "guys" and tell me to "get over" myself.

It ain't fittin'.

McCarthyism is alive and well in LPSG.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I suppose Newt Gingrich was the very dignified when he took control!
He was certainly better looking (which is hard to believe).

As to Nancy I want to wait at least a few monthes before passing judgement on her. Maybe she'lll surprise us.