Nasal irrigation.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I've used a netti pot once after a suggestion from a friend who had some success averting colds and irrigating her sinus after long airplane fights. Even with the saline powder added to the water it still stung and I kept sneezing for half an hour afterwards. It was such an unpleasant experience that I only used it once.

My friend went on to develop chronic sinusitis and has ceased using it herself. Not sure if it was due to the netti pot but personally I think any irritation to the sinus is not very healthy. If you do use one I suggest you irrigate with distilled water free of bacteria and allergens.

If it's irritating, then something went wrong. The formula is supposed to basically be the salinity of our body. It could be that if tap water was used, additives or contamination in it caused the problem.

Though I didn't find it to be a miracle cure, it most assuredly never felt irritating when using the neti pot, but I did use purified water with the proper portion of salt added to it.

And yes, constant irritation/inflamation of the sinus is definitely not healthy!

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
Interesting thread. I must find out about this Neti Pot. Is it supposed to be helpful in the case of allergies?

I use a very dilute saline solution during the pollen period, which I find helps, but in moderation - do it too much, and the allergy seems to take over.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Interesting thread. I must find out about this Neti Pot. Is it supposed to be helpful in the case of allergies?

I use a very dilute saline solution during the pollen period, which I find helps, but in moderation - do it too much, and the allergy seems to take over.

NeilMed NasaFlo Saline Rinse Kit