National COLD wave

ruggero

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well we're expecting + 43 degrees celsius tomorrow that's up near or over +110 fahrenheit.
Normal top in about a month is usually +42, last year it was early too,
when we had 46 c (that's 118 f!)
We're breaking all records hottest, wettest, driest, it's all over the place and now our conservative politicians are becoming denialists. Before when they were in power they were only procrastinators.
The population is hiding behind airconditioners, more and more airconditioners and the government is scared the economy might be damaged if they do any-thing.
Meanwhile there are no jobs when the airconditioners cause power blackouts and business and public transport grind to a halt regardless.
Then there's the uncontrollable bushfires.
The latest policy is abandon your homes before the fires start, so roads aren't blocked in panic, because tomorrow will be catastropic(!) 2/3 of one of our states have been told to abandon their homes, are they supposed to all go to the other third?
Meanwhile the conservatives say that they don't believe it's happening!
As it is I have to sit here naked and dripping to type this as the computer is a heat source.....enjoy the cold!

D

deleted3782

Jebus...I'm gone for two weeks and you all let the US turn into an icebox.

*Adjusts the national thermostat back to normal.*

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
My front and back yard look like a fire has been set to the grass and plants due to the frost/freeze although I covered most of it up. Yesterday we had sleet. Its freaking cold and I hate indoor heat. This isn't supposed to happen in Florida. Next time someone complains about how hot it is and how they miss the cold weather, I am going to kick them in the ass so hard that they will end up back up north to enjoy their damn cold.

Well, now that I have let that out, I feel much better. Still cold but I can move forward (haha)...

mattflanders

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Over here in Europe, there's also a Europe-wide cold wave. In Belgium we've had frost 24/7 for over 2 weeks now, which is very unusual.
And the UK endured its coldest night in over 30 years. I believe it was -22°C (-8°F) in Schotland.
And now the salt for the roads is running out in most countries... so that means we'll be able to skate to work and school on the roads.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm taking bets on who's the first moron to give us a rant against global warming which, in any event, is more accurately called climate change. Wait for it...

That's already happened, you Big Bucket O'Hotness >>
http://www.lpsg.org/165276-national-cold-wave-2.html#post2536491

Well, it's just a few lines, so probably can't be considered a rant. And I don't know the person so I don't know if they're a moron. But it's all Shame-on-Al-Gore of course. I bit my tongue (or keyboard?).

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It was a balmy and sunny 72 degrees here today. (there has to be one asshole in every thread doesn't there?)

I have a big house, so if any of you sexy bisexuals need a place to warm up... my doors are never locked. :biggrin:

D

deleted3782

It was a balmy and sunny 72 degrees here today. (there has to be one asshole in every thread doesn't there?)

I have a big house, so if any of you sexy bisexuals need a place to warm up... my doors are never locked. :biggrin:

*Books ticket today*

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Been pretty bad in the UK, but surprisingly where I am near East Midlands Airport / J25 M1, it's not been as bad as the rest of the UK, but go 20 miles north up the M1 to Mansfield, place has been in absolute lockdown, and last week, the Chesterfield / Sheffield areas bearly had any public transport running.

Yep, like most of Europe, we are struggling like hell for road salt, but one Dutch town has found a rather nice smelling way to their problem...

Dutch using bath salt as road salt

Dutch using bath salt as road salt | Peppymind.com

Gives whole new meaning to "Don't eat the yellow snow" :biggrin1:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That's already happened, you Big Bucket O'Hotness >>

And the winner is....Mickactual!!! :rolleyes:

D) Global warming my ass! I dunno where it's warming, but it sureashell ain't here. If I should bump into Al Gore, I'm gonna personally betchslap him.

God, BigD. How did I miss that??

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
I just heard that on the news. How far below average are you? We may set a new record for cold tonight in Dallas for this date. Are you in record breaking territory or just more cold than usual?

I'm actually from America, lol. NJ to be exact. I was just basing what I said also from the news.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow, what a difference a week or two can make. 67 degrees here in Dallas at the moment. I just finished taking all the tropicals out of the garage -- palm trees, lemon tree, lime, sastuma, etc as well as potted patio plants ferns, begonias, etc. It will be above freezing for the next 10 days. Won't put the orchids back out yet because they can't take below 55 degrees. It will be a while before that happens. And they don't like sun anyway, being rainforest dwellers.