National debt, get out your checkbook

D_Cunningham Cumshipper

Just Browsing
Media
More importantly, how many USAans know that their Federal Reserve is not owned by their government. It is owned by a group of private banks!

I'm afraid to say that your country is morally and financially in decline, and has been since the second world war -- but what do you do about it -- NOTHING!

I find it curious when people from other countries are so critical of the US economically and morally. I'm not sure where this poster is from economically since she doesn't list a country, but during my visits to Central America I don't remember seeing great wealth and while people have every right to be critical of the job that Bush has done I don't remember him violating the civil liberties of many of his citizens (Katrina was poor planning/execution rather than an intentional attempt to screw those people).

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I find it curious when people from other countries are so critical of the US economically and morally. I'm not sure where this poster is from economically since she doesn't list a country, but during my visits to Central America I don't remember seeing great wealth and while people have every right to be critical of the job that Bush has done I don't remember him violating the civil liberties of many of his citizens (Katrina was poor planning/execution rather than an intentional attempt to screw those people).

Well, the poster you quoted wasn't comparing the USA to Central America, she was comparing the current America to the post-WWII America.

It is interesting that, following the Great Depression, numerous regulatory controls were put in place to help stabilize the U.S. economy in the event of another market crash, and that these controls have been steadily eroded in the name of "laissez-faire" and "free markets" since 1972.