National Debt USA

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
The conservative propaganda machine used to say the public debt doesn't matter since it's money we "owe" ourselves. So no problem right? :redface:

Fixed that typo for you. Yes it is a problem. You cannot write yourself an IOU, and cash it. Originally, they screamed about debt. Then, they got on the band wagon of spending money like mad. Why worry about it? We'll all be out of office when it comes crashing down. The public is so stupid, they'll blame whoever is in office when it happens. We'll be seen for the roses not the horse shit we spread all around.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
We are beyond in the red. People refuse to compromise one inch on what matters to them. We will have to have higher taxes, and we will have to have budget cuts. As is typical of politicians, and the public, they want to put public servants on the chopping block.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
- I got it!
- Well, what is it?
- A penny, a nickel...
- You got hold yo' horses and let me get the dough off!
A dime!

We're in the money,
We're in the money;
We've got a lot of what it takes to get along!
We're in the money,
The sky is sunny;
Old Man Depression, you are through,
You done us wrong!

We never see a headline
'Bout breadline, today,
And when we see the landlord,
We can look that guy right in the eye .

We're in the money
Come on, my honey
Let's spend it, lend it,
Send it rolling around!

We're in the money,
We're in the money;
We've got a lot of what it takes to get along!
We're in the money,
The sky is sunny;
Old Man Depression, you are through,
You done us wrong!

We never see a headline
'Bout breadline, today,
And when we see the landlord,
We can look that guy right in the eye.
Look that guy right in the eye-
Look that guy right in the eye-

We're in the money
Come on, my honey
Let's spend it, lend it, send it-
Let's spend it, lend it, send it
Rolling, rolling-
Rolling around!

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We are beyond in the red. People refuse to compromise one inch on what matters to them. We will have to have higher taxes, and we will have to have budget cuts. As is typical of politicians, and the public, they want to put public servants on the chopping block.

As much as I loathe the party these days, the Democrats have been more than willing to compromise in terms of drastic budget cuts. On the other hand, GOP leaders are on record as saying that their act of actually coming to the table and talking to Obama IS their compromise.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My sister, a past President of the Lake Geneva Young Republicans, sent me this yesterday-

Subject: Fun with Words!

Did you know that, the words "race car" spelled backwards still spells "race car"?

And that "eat" is the only word that, if you take the first letter and move it to the last, spells its own past tense, "ate"?

And if you rearrange the letters in "Tea Party Republicans," and add just a few more letters, it spells: "Shut the fuck up, you free-loading, progress-blocking, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, violent hypocrites, and deal with the fact that you nearly wrecked the country under Bush, and that our president is black, so get over it."

Isn't that interesting?

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You cannot write yourself an IOU, and cash it.

The wonder of national income accounting is that you (almost) can!

The problem is it creates inflation and devaluation, which is how the system pays the IOU. And inflation tends to hit the poorest and weakest in society the hardest.

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
My sister, a past President of the Lake Geneva Young Republicans, sent me this yesterday-

Did you know that, the words "race car" spelled backwards still spells "race car"?

And that "eat" is the only word that, if you take the first letter and move it to the last, spells its own past tense, "ate"?

And if you rearrange the letters in "Tea Party Republicans," and add just a few more letters, it spells: "Shut the fuck up, you free-loading, progress-blocking, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, violent hypocrites, and deal with the fact that you nearly wrecked the country under Bush, and that our president is black, so get over it."

Isn't that interesting?

lol that was pretty good

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Isn't that interesting?

Best commentary on this issue to date!

...cut...
you nearly wrecked the country under Bush, and that our president is black, so get over it."

Isn't that interesting?

Brilliant. You made my day.