National Sex Offender Map

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have one that lives in my zip code, but he's "not mapped." My neighbor is a cop though and says that the one he's aware of lives about 2 miles from us. 2 miles gives me some breathing room and I'm a bit comfy with that.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Oct 19 2005, 04:33 PM
I have one that lives in my zip code, but he's "not mapped." My neighbor is a cop though and says that the one he's aware of lives about 2 miles from us. 2 miles gives me some breathing room and I'm a bit comfy with that.
[post=353158]Quoted post[/post]​

because scary-ass pedo-nonces can't drive! frightening.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ha ha...no, b/c there's a lot of other houses between his and mine that it's more unlikely that he'll find mine than had he lived in my exact neighborhood.

wonderland

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The ones that register are not the ones you have to worry the most about. It's all the ones who don't register so you have no clue how they are that worry me.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by wonderland@Oct 20 2005, 01:28 AM
The ones that register are not the ones you have to worry the most about. It's all the ones who don't register so you have no clue how they are that worry me.
[post=353379]Quoted post[/post]​
Well, most states automatically put convicted offenders into the registry, so it's not like some of 'em just choose to register and some don't. The down side is, the unregistered ones just haven't been caught yet.

And from some of the responses here, I get the impression that most of the first reactions here are "pedophile map." Please remember this is not just pedophiles, it is a registry of all those convicted of any sex crimes, including rape and "crimes against nature."

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by dlcs@Oct 20 2005, 03:54 PM
Must still be asleep... thought that said National Sex Offender Day. :freak:
[post=353537]Quoted post[/post]​

lololololololololololololol.....

(Had to many oneliners for that one...had to go with the elongated "lol". )

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love this idea, but as so many have pointed out--the offenders are often not where they say they are and the resources to follow up on them and check in aren't there for some reason. The local news here did a story trying to follow up on 10 local offenders and found only four of them living where they reported to live.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by jonb
Wow, according to that map, there are several near schools here in LA. Scary.

My sister lives in South Florida and as it turns out, they're contemplating a law that would make it illegal for sexual predators to live within 2500 feet of a school, park, or bus stop (which virtually means they can't live anywhere in Miami-Dade).

lacsap1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay, I'm not American nor a barrister at US law but tracing down offenders after being released from imprisonment? Is this ethical lawful ?

I know the US invented the term "Big brother is watching you" but is really creepy.

As told before, sex offenders are not all child rapist !

I don't know if definition of sodomy (oral an/or anal intercourse, straight and/or gay) still is an sex offend? What about prostitution (or juvenile prostitution, juvenile pimping ) or the "Romeo and Juliet category" (he was 18, and began dating a 14-year-old girl and had sex).

The US legislatures focus on monitoring and control of sex offenders ?
Why? Because it gets votes, sounds good, and makes the public feel safe. Sounds good -feels good- legislation!

I think ethical well educated people know that an pedophile is not a criminal issue, it's a mental issue. Treat pedophilia or other real sex offenders as an sick person. Provide therapy, medicine and after that support groups. Ties people don't need imprisonment but a mental clinic or hospital. This will also help to prevent the "infected" society with "unrealistic recidivism fears".

Personally, I think this Megan's law is created by low IQ, bigotted, arrogant, know-it-all, religious nutcases, and that these laws violated the UN constitution.

If somebody is released from imprisonment it must be as an FREE men !!
For people listed as sexual offenders, this sex registry is a life sentence.
Is it fair to be hounded from city to city, state to state?
This is creating fear, as a tactic. Who will be next?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The research into behavior relapse is compelling--it says that offenders repeat.
And sex offender can INCLUDE child molesters. It is an umbrella term for most sexual offenses in the US. Also--in the US--you don't really have many rights once you have been convicted of a crime. You lose the right to vote, for example.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
hooray, just what I always wanted! my very own PEDO ATLAS. ain't it always just when you really WANT a rapist or a pedophile that you can never FIND one?

Originally posted by lacsap1@Oct 29 2005, 05:47 PM
I know the US invented the term "Big brother is watching you"
[post=356526]Quoted post[/post]​
actually that was george orwell, hero

Personally, I think this Megan's law is created by low IQ, bigotted, arrogant, know-it-all, religious nutcases
... and thus it differs from any other law in precisely what way...?

lacsap1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Lex@Oct 29 2005, 05:58 PM
The research into behavior relapse is compelling--it says that offenders repeat.
[post=356531]Quoted post[/post]​

It proofs my point, imprisonment doesn't help......ties people are sick and must get mental help / hospital treatment asap.......

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Frankly, I don't give a FUCK about the rights of a child molester being violated. It bothers me that repeat offenders get to LIVE, be released, and more children put at risk because we have no cure for his disease. Fuckalottathat.

But please, anyone who wants to sacrifice THEIR children so that molestor's rights can be protected, have at it. As for mine, let's just say it wouldn't be the first time I threatened to run over someone with my car.

"Freedom" comes before the offense is committed. After that, the nature of who you ARE legally is determined by that choice. If you are a felon, even for a non-violent crime such as theft without a weapon or scams, you are a felon for life. You must reveal this fact to all prospective employers or risk perjury. In many states, you lose the right to vote, for life. Yes, a decision you made when you were young will affect your enitre future, so if that decision is one that seriously threatens the safety of others, with mountains of evidence of the likelihood that you WILL repeat your crime of choice, I see no reason to protect you from the full wrath of the law. The fact that you are alive is more grace than is warranted, IMHO. After the third offense, I'm all for the death penalty.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by lacsap1+Oct 29 2005, 07:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lacsap1 &#064; Oct 29 2005, 07:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Lex@Oct 29 2005, 05:58 PM
[post=356531]Quoted post[/post]​

It proofs my point, imprisonment doesn&#39;t help......ties people are sick and must get mental help / hospital treatment asap.......
[post=356551]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Lascap, the last thing I read about recovery statistics said that less than 2% of child molestors recover. That&#39;s a pretty pathetic recovery rate to suggest that hospitalisation will do much more than delay the inevitable. In most cases, it lets them know what they are doing is sick and wrong, so that when they go out and do it again, they can now add an additional scoop of self-loathing and anger to their treatment of their victims. If we can&#39;t fix them, we have to do what we can to stop them.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In most cases, registering as a sex offender is part of the criminal&#39;s sentence. The definition of sex offender and the maps used to track them can be vague though.

For example, people convicted of statutory rape often have to register as sex offenders, even if it was an 18-year-old boy having consensual sex with a 17-year-old girl. That crime is rarely prosecuted, but registering is often part of the plea agreements, so that guy has to notify people in any neighborhood he goes to. Obviously, most people that are registered sex offenders did much more serious crimes that others would understandably worry about, but the word "sex offender" often tars them all with the same brush. That 18-year-old will have a hard time convincing his neighbors that he&#39;s only a sex offender because his girlfriend had an angry dad, not because he sodomized small children.

The maps also have issues. They vary in accuracy and some aren&#39;t updated very often. Some of the private groups also include anyone who was accused of a sex crime, not just those that were convicted. More than a few reputations have been damaged this way.