National Sex Offender Map

lacsap1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 29 2005, 07:20 PM
Lascap, the last thing I read about recovery statistics said that less than 2% of child molestors recover. That's a pretty pathetic recovery rate to suggest that hospitalisation will do much more than delay the inevitable. In most cases, it lets them know what they are doing is sick and wrong, so that when they go out and do it again, they can now add an additional scoop of self-loathing and anger to their treatment of their victims. If we can't fix them, we have to do what we can to stop them.
[post=356553]Quoted post[/post]​

Mme Z,

First of all, my apologize if I offended you in any way.
I know this topic isn't an easy one for you.

Still, I can't believe you're in favoured death penalty.

Also knowing that imposing the death penalty on child molesters could cause more problems than it solves. For people who hope to minimize the destructive effects of child abuse on the victims, who are mostly related to their attackers, the idea of hanging a death penalty over child molesters seems counterproductive. They say children would be less likely to come forward if they knew their assaulter,
someone they might love, were facing capital punishment.
If this child think that Daddy or Uncle Jack is going to be killed, they won't come forward. That's not what they want. They want him to get treatment.......

Also probably most Supreme Courts will rule that the death penalty is excessive punishment for a rape assault.

I really believe that this must be fight by a different approach, like an illness.
It's an mental disorder and more effort most go the healing this disorder. There are many methods to work with, like the so-called drama therapy and cognitive therapy and they are medicine. Even an chemically castration with doses of a drug called Depo-Provera or finally full castration. I think the focus must be on research of treatment and not on unethical tracking down via internet search tools.
This will creating a false security and not dealing with the real problem.

Also again, not all sex offenders listed are child rapers as aloofman stated es well.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't look at those maps to know JUST where the child molestors are, I want to know about the ones that could possibly rape me as well. Is that so bad?

If rapists and molestors are worried about their rights, then they shouldn't stick their dick or fingers where they don't belong. How about that child's or woman's rights that they violated. Do you think they cared? Hell no! Fuck 'em!

Also, I've sat in on a couple of those "group therapy" sessions for sex offenders as an observer for a college course. Not that that makes me an expert, but it's not a sickness you can cure like the flu or even gambling problems. Therapy is just not that easy for them.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, Pascal, there are some explanations:

Age of consent laws don't apply if they're married. However, the age to consent to marriage depends. (In a lot of conservative states, it's lower, especially for the girl.)
Sodomy laws were thrown out wholesale in Lawrence v. Texas. I'm not sure how this affects the national sex offender registry.

lacsap1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Oct 30 2005, 12:26 AM
I don't look at those maps to know JUST where the child molestors are, I want to know about the ones that could possibly rape me as well. Is that so bad?
[post=356625]Quoted post[/post]​

Without judging your feelings or offending you, but where do life?

It sound like that at any corner of the street in Texas a rapist or child molester is waiting for it's prey ? Ofcourse, probably where I life this it's not a good reference compered in crime rates in the US, but are you really that unsafe?

When I was young and had to bicycle back home after dark through the park my parents always told me "be careful and don't go with strange men" as everybody knew there was a flasher active already for years. Every kind in the neighborhood knew, sometimes we went in a group just to check it out. This poor guy probably died of an inflammation of the bladder as Dutch winters can be very cold.

What I wanted to say is that this tracing down sex offenders gives you a false safety feeling and again not all sex offenders are rapist or child molesters.

Also what isn't clear to me, and what if one lives next around the corner of you.
What will or can you do? You move, he moves?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by lacsap1@Oct 30 2005, 08:02 PM
It sound like that at any corner of the street in Texas a rapist or child molester is waiting for it's prey ?
[post=356838]Quoted post[/post]​
in texas? nah. they're not hanging around on street corners waiting for kids; they're all hanging around farms looking for livestock.

panthera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Oct 30 2005, 11:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Oct 30 2005, 11:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lacsap1@Oct 30 2005, 08:02 PM
It sound like that at any corner of the street in Texas a rapist or child molester is waiting for it&#39;s prey ?
in texas? nah. they&#39;re not hanging around on street corners waiting for kids; they&#39;re all hanging around farms looking for livestock.
[post=356850]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Here in Germany, we approach the problem in a slightly different way than in the US. Sex offenders (a much narrower definition here, by the way. Romeo/Juliet cases aren&#39;t treated as such, simply the threat of behaving so towards children or women, however is). A convicted offender is sentenced to, by European standards, very long stays in prison coupled with mandatory treatment. If he (very few women are convicted) refuses treatment or the treating doctors have the impression they have failed, then he remains confined in a locked ward until they either feel he is cured or dies of old age.
Does it work? Well, whenever an incident occurs it makes the news big time. Can remember four or five cases in the last 20 years. Which is &#39;bout what I read in the papers while visiting Colorado for 3 months this summer. I suspect it is the old story: Sexual aggression has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with violence. We just have less of it here than in the US. Why?
The real question for me is not whether we should protect our children and other vulnerable people (senior cititzens, the mentally ill, etc.) from predators. Of course we must&#33; But why is there such a sense of hatred and revenge coupled with the criminal justice system in the US? These people are sick. They need treatment. Until they are cured they need to be taken out of society. But once they have served their time and been pronounced cured, why persecute them?
Seems a bit like "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson, I believe.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by lacsap1
and again not all sex offenders are rapist or child molesters.
Who the fuck said they were? For my neighbor it just says "penetration" and he was like 19 (dude was probably just pushing the envelope ya dig). For others it says, "Convicted of First-Degree Sexual Assault of a Child," etc.

It&#39;s not that hard to understand.

panthera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The danger of these quick fixes is that they lump everybody together. I would definitely move if I knew a gay basher were moving into my neighbourhood. A man of 18 who pissed of an overly possessive father by getting caught kissing his 17 year old son? Hmm.

panthera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Oct 31 2005, 12:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Oct 31 2005, 12:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-panthera
The danger of these quick fixes is that they lump everybody together.
Except they don&#39;t.
[post=356872]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Forgive my disagreeing with you, Dr., but the list used in Colorado does, in fact, do just that. Regardless of what the actual offence was - and it may, indeed, have only been a "wardrobe malfunction" or a hysterical woman who saw a jogger "adjust" himself and felt offended (okay, that one got thrown out of court this summer), they all end up listed together with the predators.
To prevent misunderstanding here: I doubt that I am civilised enough to take such a person to court. Nomen est omen...

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by lacsap1+Oct 30 2005, 04:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lacsap1 &#064; Oct 30 2005, 04:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TexAssgirl@Oct 30 2005, 12:26 AM
I don&#39;t look at those maps to know JUST where the child molestors are, I want to know about the ones that could possibly rape me as well.  Is that so bad?
[post=356625]Quoted post[/post]​

Without judging your feelings or offending you, but where do life?

It sound like that at any corner of the street in Texas a rapist or child molester is waiting for it&#39;s prey ? Ofcourse, probably where I life this it&#39;s not a good reference compered in crime rates in the US, but are you really that unsafe?

When I was young and had to bicycle back home after dark through the park my parents always told me "be careful and don&#39;t go with strange men" as everybody knew there was a flasher active already for years. Every kind in the neighborhood knew, sometimes we went in a group just to check it out. This poor guy probably died of an inflammation of the bladder as Dutch winters can be very cold.

What I wanted to say is that this tracing down sex offenders gives you a false safety feeling and again not all sex offenders are rapist or child molesters.

Also what isn&#39;t clear to me, and what if one lives next around the corner of you.
What will or can you do? You move, he moves?
[/b][/quote]

As stated under my av, I live just north of New York City. We have no farm animals up here to detract the rapists (ha/ha).

If one lives around the corner from me, at least I&#39;m aware of what he/she is and I&#39;ll keep my kids away from the house. I suppose there&#39;s not much else I can do, but I&#39;d rather have that knowlege than not.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by TexAssgirl
If one lives around the corner from me, at least I&#39;m aware of what he/she is and I&#39;ll keep my kids away from the house. I suppose there&#39;s not much else I can do, but I&#39;d rather have that knowlege than not.
The sad thing about where I live though, is that there are so many sex offenders in my neighborhood, I can&#39;t even see the little house that represents where I live. It&#39;s covered with the offender dots.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perhaps, but I&#39;m an upstanding citizen. I attend black tie functions and enjoy fine cheeses and tapas. I enjoy nothing more than a fierce game of racquetball at the local YMCA. I&#39;m active in my church and every other weekend awake at the crack of dawn to work 7 grueling hours at the soup kitchen. What you doing this evening? We can talk about world events, muse over poetry or regal in tales of Arthouse cinema. I got the Olde English on ice.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick@Nov 1 2005, 06:34 AM
Perhaps, but I&#39;m an upstanding citizen. I attend black tie functions and enjoy fine cheeses and tapas. I enjoy nothing more than a fierce game of racquetball at the local YMCA. I&#39;m active in my church and every other weekend awake at the crack of dawn to work 7 grueling hours at the soup kitchen. What you doing this evening? We can talk about world events, muse over poetry or regal in tales of Arthouse cinema. I got the Olde English on ice.
[post=357340]Quoted post[/post]​
Gosh, you sound pretty nice. I&#39;m free tonight, Doctor ...

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Nov 1 2005, 06:51 PM
wait a second&#33;&#33; I&#39;ve got first dibs&#33;&#33;
[post=357491]Quoted post[/post]​
Plus I think you&#39;re more his type. Just a guess.