Nationality of members

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@May 29 2005, 02:21 PM
That's similar to the one I read, but the one I read compared the bracycephaly ("short-headedness") of modern Ashenkazi to the dolichocephaly ("long-headedness") of the people they claim to be descended from: the original Israelites.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/hittites.htm - "Who Are the Modern Jews?"
[post=316061]Quoted post[/post]​
Let's look at the Yup'ik. These Eskimos live right along the Bering Strait. On the west side, they're brachycephalic. On the east side, they're dolichocephalic. Until the Cold War, they would use their kayaks and umiaqs (Look! Prove to your friends that you know a word with a Q not followed by a U.) to cross the Bering Strait. After the Cold War ended, they had family reunions.

Then of course, there's always the Boas study of immigrants.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@May 29 2005, 02:50 PM
Regional variation might be a better explaination if they shared most of their traits with one another, but they don't. The average Palestinian is far more related to the original Israelites, than the average Ashenkazi is.

The Eskimoes are interesting.

...LOL! What about "Iraq"?
[post=316075]Quoted post[/post]​
Well, of course the average Palestinian is more closely related. Palestinians are just Jews who converted to Islam. In fact, Mizrakhim (sp?) are still discriminated against in Israel because they look too much like Palestinians.

There's only one E in Eskimos. LOL A lot of the founders of modern anthropology had some Eskimo experience. Boas' time there convinced him there was nothing innately savage about eating raw meat. Hrdlička liked Eskimos so much that he said that everyone in North America was living like them 4000 years ago and denied any obviously older evidence of human habitation (such as spearpoints in mammoth bones) farther south or more interior.

Iraq's a proper noun. Doesn't count.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@May 29 2005, 03:02 PM
,To say that Elizabeth II has ties with the Hanovers is an understatement: she is a direct descendant of the Hanover royal family of England. The name of the royal family was changed from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor during WWI to veil the German heritage, and Edward VII Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was the son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. You can't get much more German than that!
[post=316015]Quoted post[/post]​
Thanks for the information on Prince Phillip. I just knew he was a Prince of the Greek royal family.

About the Hanovers. They had a principality in Germany. When the throne of England became vacant and there was no direct heir, the ruler of the principality of Hanover in Germany came to England to become King as he was the closest cousin to the late king. He was George I think. Eventually the royal family lost control of the principality of Hanover. King George had to learn English.

However, it must be noted that the Angles/Saxons that make up the main blood line of England is a Germanic group and English itself is a Germanic language. Therefore in terms of genetics, the royal family looks as English as the rest of the German descended population.

But Wills will be the first monarch to have any close English geneology in a long time.

Princess Diana was the first parent of an heir to the British throne to be English in a long time. Queen Elizabeth's mother was Scottish. So the Queen is half Scottish and the rest primarily German

I did not realize that the heir to the Spanish throne is a close cousin of the the heir to the British throne and that thorugh the deposed royal family of Greece.

And I will comment on the use of American for USA and all of the "New World." I just encountered the same problem with UK. There is no word other than British and that doesn't really cover Northern Ireland, much less Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. So Charles is heir to the English throne, no British throne, no the Commonweath throne, or is is the UK throne? Heir to the throne for sure, but which adjective is the best word to use.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Freddie53@May 30 2005, 12:02 AM
So Charles is heir to the English throne, no British throne, no the Commonweath throne, or is is the UK throne? Heir to the throne for sure, but which adjective is the best word to use.
[post=316101]Quoted post[/post]​
the correct term would be the british throne - technically it's never been actually changed from "imperial throne", but since the empire itself doesn't exist now that sounds a bit lame. the commonwealth nations do not have a monarchy in the same sense than the UK does.

BigBulgeMan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm a third-generation italian immigrant (si, la mia famiglia viene della Toscana, vicino a Firenze…) but I must say that I'm culturally a french guy. But got some italian's genes and cultural background.
I saw that I just was the 2nd french guy who rated here… Not linked with the dick size in my opinion, but to the fact that all topics are in english here. Perhaps french people better use the body language with the foreigners than verbal one :evilgrin:

Buona giornata. Ciao !

D_Harry_S_Taint

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by BigBulgeMan@May 30 2005, 02:20 PM
I'm a third-generation italian immigrant (si, la mia famiglia viene della Toscana, vicino a Firenze…) but I must say that I'm culturally a french guy. But got some italian's genes and cultural background.
I saw that I just was the 2nd french guy who rated here… Not linked with the dick size in my opinion, but to the fact that all topics are in english here. Perhaps french people better use the body language with the foreigners than verbal one :evilgrin:

Enfin un autre français bien monté :)

Finally an other french guy here ! I also think that writing English is not "natural" at all for our compatriots.

French, but with an Italian mother here (she's born not far from Milano)

hungitaliano

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by greek18@May 30 2005, 08:35 AM
So.......Greek was not on your list................I therefore abstain.
Full blooded Greek
Yia Sas! :)
[post=316067]Quoted post[/post]​

welcome, greek boi ;)

I am suprised we don't have more greek men here. I have seen my fair share of greek men naked and i would have said they are generally quite well hung...But I guess not many would visit english speaking websites - such a shame, i am a big fan of greek men *drools*

:wub: :wub: greek bois yum!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm an American. Both sides of my family have been on this continent for over 200 years, tracing their roots back to England and Scotland, respectively.

My maternal grandmother was half-Cataraugus Indian

greek18

Experimental Member
Media
Let me take this opportunity to thank hung italiano! For the warm welcome and the compliment towards Greek guys! :9
Here in Greece we say: Italiano & Greco, una fatsa una ratsa!
Ciao
B)

keyhero

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I WAS BORN IN MEXICO, MY FAMILY HAS BEEN HERE FOR ABOUT 200 YEARS, THEY CAME FORM SPAIN AND FRANCE, AND I ALSO HAVE ARAB, ITALIAN, NATIVE MEXICAN AND IRISH BLOOD, THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM, HERE IN MEXICO WE ARE NOT REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT OUR FAMILIES BACKGROUND BUT IN THE THINGS YOU PERSONALLY ACHIEVE, SUCH AS STUDIES, LANGUAGES YOU SPEAK AND THE SKILLS YOU HAVE, WE DON´T EASILY GET UPSET ABOUT RACIST COMMENTS LIKE PEOPLE DO IN OTHER COUNTRIES, SO, MY ADVICE GUYS, DON´T TAKE COMMENTS TOO PERSONAL, THEY ARE JUST WORDS.

WE WERE BORN IN ONE PLANET, AND WE HAVE ONLY ONE NATURAL GOAL, THE SURVIVAL OF OUR SPECIES, NO MATTER WHAT RACE WE ARE, WHAT COUNTRY WE LIVE IN, LET´S JUST MAKE OF IT A BETTER PLACE FOR US AND OUR CHILDREN.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by keyhero
I WAS BORN IN MEXICO, MY FAMILY HAS BEEN HERE FOR ABOUT 200 YEARS, THEY CAME FORM SPAIN AND FRANCE, AND I ALSO HAVE ARAB, ITALIAN, NATIVE MEXICAN AND IRISH BLOOD, THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM, HERE IN MEXICO WE ARE NOT REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT OUR FAMILIES BACKGROUND BUT IN THE THINGS YOU PERSONALLY ACHIEVE, SUCH AS STUDIES, LANGUAGES YOU SPEAK AND THE SKILLS YOU HAVE, WE DON´T EASILY GET UPSET ABOUT RACIST COMMENTS LIKE PEOPLE DO IN OTHER COUNTRIES, SO, MY ADVICE GUYS, DON´T TAKE COMMENTS TOO PERSONAL, THEY ARE JUST WORDS.

WE WERE BORN IN ONE PLANET, AND WE HAVE ONLY ONE NATURAL GOAL, THE SURVIVAL OF OUR SPECIES, NO MATTER WHAT RACE WE ARE, WHAT COUNTRY WE LIVE IN, LET´S JUST MAKE OF IT A BETTER PLACE FOR US AND OUR CHILDREN.
I've been to Mexico several times, so spare me the bullshit. Motherfuckers will openly tell you how they generally see blacks as being more prone to being bad and whatnot. Latinos in general are very color prejudiced and divided racially. Like those "white" Cubans in Miami, even the White Nationalist groups (like Stormfront) in the States have significant Cuban membership, as well as Puerto Rican and other nationalities as well.