NBA height lies.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Axcess, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Axcess

Gold Member

I learn after visiting celebrities heights site and real NBA heights site that most NBA players heights are inflated by 1-2 inches . For example Patrick Erwing always listed at 7-0 is 6-10 at most in reality . Michael Jordan isn't 6-6 he is 6-5 at best. Charles Barkley is 6-4 and listed as 6-6. Kobe Briant is 6-5 at best and was listed at some point at 6-7. Hakeem Olajuwon is 6-10 and always listed at 7-0. Vince Carter is 6-5.5 and listed as 6-7. In my opinion NBA should list players with their real heights . What do you guys think?

2. CardiffDillon

Gold Member

Might depend on whether they're wearing shoes or not, or whether they're measured in the morning or the evening. An inch or two here or there doesn't sound like the kind of exaggeration you'd get when reading about giants in fairy tales.

It's also not the same kind of exaggeration you get here when people add an inch or two to their cocks. As a percentage, an inch or two onto 6'10" isn't in the same league as adding an inch or two onto a 10" cock.

cheers

Dillon

3. transformer_99

Gold Member

The media guide is embellished sometimes, but unless these guys are wearing platform sneakers or even some special sole to increase their height an inch or two, it's no big deal for me. The extra inch or so on a shoe might give them an advantage in any given particular situation during a game, it might also be a penalty that causes injury ?

4. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    every man on earth gives themselves an inch or two, as well as in height.

5. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

Isn't this the norm?

When my son played defensive end they elevated him from 6'4" to 6'5" and gave him another 40 lbs. My 14yo daughter plays high school basketball and was thrilled to see that she was 5'9" (she is just shy of 5'7") on the roster.

6. Big Del

Gold Member

Well I guess it aint just their heights they might be adding inches to

I am 6 feet 4 1/2 but only ever call myself 6 feet 4!

7. transformer_99

Gold Member

On the addition of a big man, whatever his true height is, Shaq doesn't seem to be working out for the Phoenix Suns ?

8. What to do?

What to do? New Member

They do add an inch or two. I don't know why. My ex was 6'9". When he got picked up by a D-league team he became 6'10". When he got picked up by the NBA he became 6'11". When he got a chance to play overseas, he shrunk back down to 6'9". He was always measured with shoes on.
    Michael Jordan is more like 6'4"...he lives in my Aunt's neighborhood, so I see him on a regular basis. He really isn't that tall at all...more like a regular tall person than BBall tall :)
    Shaq is just HUGE! He is at the point where I quit estimating! He is not only tall, but he is big! He is a police officer in the town next to mine and just has a huge presence to him.

9. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    they beat boston with him

10. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I could have sworn he was a professional basketball player...and an actor...and a rapper. But not a cop.

11. transformer_99

Gold Member

Celtics had lost 2 going into that game, losing to Phoenix was their 3rd. 3 games with Shaq they are 1-2:

Lakers scored 130 against them and Detroit dropped in 116. 246 points is not defense, even though they held Boston to 77.

12. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

You didn't see that Vitamin water commercial, did you?
    (He drank the pink water and got a sports cat mascot out of a tree.)

13. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    But the suns have never played defense

14. Wanttogrowbigger

Wanttogrowbigger New Member

They measure with shoes on to get there "ingame-height".

15. transformer_99

Gold Member

Thus the reason they were after him. Shaq's scoring has fallen off since his earlier years, he's more injury prone too. Gasol went to the Lakers and his productivity is up. Not saying head to head and one on one he's better than Shaq, but the sum of the parts of that team, the Lakers probably will take the Suns in the West this season. Phoenix year was last year, less the bs that went on in the Spurs series with suspensions after the Spurs got physical off the playing court in the last 2 games. Anyway this season, they gave up Marion and that point productivity is showing, now that Shaq isn't producing that and the defense he was to provide isn't there. If the Suns are able to get their defensive average around 90, the trade makes sense. Right now they are torn between playing a slower paced game and the other guys running hard. In the end with Marion gone and Shaq not on the floor, they aren't the same running & scoring machine. And with him, they aren't the team that can dictate the tempo slower and defensively. It's only been 3 games, but they'll definitely have to adjust, and not saying they eventually won't. But as close as the West is, it might be too late and will that adjustment be as good as the best in the West ? After that, the East has some solid teams at the top too.

16. What to do?

What to do? New Member

17. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll be damned, go shaq!

Draft saved Draft deleted