NBA Raptors Players Hold Hands

Media

Leandro Barbosa of the Toronto Raptors grabbed teammate Reggie Evans' hand as they were leaving the court on Sunday night after their 102-98 win over the Magic, inspiring hundreds of homophobic comments on a brief YouTube clip of the moment. Comments were later disabled.

Outsports took note of several of them. No word on why Evans took Barbosa's hand.

Regarding the debate over the web clip, Sportsgrid notes: "None of this is surprising, of course. Anonymous internet commenting turns weak people into weak idiots. But the fact that literally every comment on the video’s YouTube page is either homophobic, or people reprimanding said homophobia, is a nice little example of how touchy a subject homosexuality is in sports."

Watch the clip
Download Leandro Barbosa and Reggie Evans hold hands.flv for free on uploading.com

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's a shame that in 2011 we still have to deal with such pathetic bantering from shallow minded homophobes who not only are terribly afraid of their own sexuality, but have to go through such extremes to denounce it in order to "look straight" in front of everyone else.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since when did holding hands become 'sexual'? To me it's always been an act of comfort or support or friendship. Admittedly, as adults, it's a couples thing but when you're a kid, you hold your mother's or father's hand. Even in a lot of kindergartens/early school years, when walking somewhere, the children have to 'buddy up' with someone and hold their hand. It's quite common to see two little boys or two little girls holding hands with each other.

It's a shame that homophobes oversexualise every innocent act of friendship. I SMH at the ignorance and hatred from people who think that two guys holding hands somehow reflects their sexuality. A year or two ago, I was watching the Amazing Race and one of the teams was two sportsmen (basketball, I think.....) who called each other 'baby'. I thought it was quite sweet. Of course, it also made me extremely jealous because they were so damn sexy, so I wished they were calling ME baby.....

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It was done as a joke people. Both of them knew the camera was on them thats why Reggie looked at him when he took his hand and started laughing.

Regardless if their actions were jokes or not, the backlash of homophobic responses were anything but. It's crazy how we live in a world where two men holding guns is more acceptable than two men holding hands. It shows just how insecure some people really are about themselves and their sexuality.

On a side note, is there any way we can volunteer our services to hold the hands of our favorite sports stars? I know a few basketball, football and baseball stars I would gladly do that (and other things) to. :biggrin1:

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A year or two ago, I was watching the Amazing Race and one of the teams was two sportsmen (basketball, I think.....) who called each other 'baby'. I thought it was quite sweet. Of course, it also made me extremely jealous because they were so damn sexy, so I wished they were calling ME baby.....

if you're referring to the globetrotter dudes, they also hug & kiss each other...

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
if you're referring to the globetrotter dudes, they also hug & kiss each other...

Yep, they're the guys, but I didn't see the hugging and kissing - damn! That would have been hot hot hot! It's the only reason I was watching that show.

(well, that, and the joy of seeing some bitchy spoilt princess fail and get booted off!) :tongue:

brodomino

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It never ceases to amaze me how immature so many people can be...on that note, I guess I know what kind of company I'll be part of if I comment on a youtube video...ever.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yep, they're the guys, but I didn't see the hugging and kissing - damn! That would have been hot hot hot! It's the only reason I was watching that show.

(well, that, and the joy of seeing some bitchy spoilt princess fail and get booted off!) :tongue:

They've actually made a return trip for the current season, so you still have a chance to catch them. :cool: