NBC Airing VA Tech Killer Manifesto

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is a tough one.

I oppose censorship but this gives a roadmap to any crazy sob looking for personal publicity.

I don't know the answer.

It's not censorship... it's a number of things...chiefly

- respect for the families (as someone here noted via 911)
- not glorifying it.

I think it can be released in it's entirety at a later date. Odd they were able to show it amidst an investigation. Curious if it came under FBI juri, but guessing NBC threatened to sue bigtime, since it was their "property".

>It's hard to imagine anyone viewing the video and saying "I wanna be like him". Although I suppose anyone can look cool when they're holding a gun:rolleyes:

BigA, it's not a one-one copycat, ...when someone is going through that state of mind, and they want the the country, or the world, to know their anger, pain, payback, etc.... a handwritten note on a paper napkin will be read by few. But when revenge is grand... the bar keeps getting raised.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What will happen next? My prediction.

Other media outlets will get on their high horse and run segments called "Should the media show stuff like this?" . And then show the tape that NBC showed.

It's a very slick trick they pull to show the tape without taking any blame { WE didn't show it, we're just showing you what THEY showed}

yeah. they did exactly that. of course. The media are pretty predictable these days. Was it Neil Cavuto who was calling himself repugnant for showing the footage (while in the background he was showing it again)? I forget.

I still don't think they were in the wrong to show the footage originally. Personally I don't want to have my news cherry picked so that I only get what's deemed unharmful to my psyche.

I understand the counterpoints, and I disagree.