Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey all, I am doing a survey for my public relations class at school regarding the NCAA. If you could take this 5-question survey for me, I would greatly appreciate it! Put your answers in a comment below or message me. Thanks!

1. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being very bad and 5 being very good, what is your opinion of the NCAA?
2. Do you believe that NCAA student athletes should be paid? Yes or No
3. Should NCAA student athletes receive scholarships primarily based on their athletic ability? Yes or No
4. Regarding NCAA Division I football, should the NCAA institute a playoff, a 2 game playoff with 4 teams, or stick with the BCS bowl games?
5. Should there be a complete overhaul of the way the NCAA operates? Yes or No

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hey all, I am doing a survey for my public relations class at school regarding the NCAA. If you could take this 5-question survey for me, I would greatly appreciate it! Put your answers in a comment below or message me. Thanks!

1. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being very bad and 5 being very good, what is your opinion of the NCAA?
3. Should NCAA student athletes receive scholarships primarily based on their athletic ability? Yes or No
4. Regarding NCAA Division I football, should the NCAA institute a playoff, a 2 game playoff with 4 teams, or stick with the BCS bowl games?
#1 a 1 #2 Yes #3 Yes #4 BCS #5 Yes

zephyr808

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
1. 4
2. yes, but not just the football and basketball players
3. no
4. some kind of playoff!
5. no. Certainly some changes could be made for the better, but a complete overhaul doesn't seem necessary.

knoxareakid1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

1. 5
2. No
3. No, firm believer in the term Student-Athlete, not Athlete-Student
4. More like a 8-10 team playoff. Winner of each major conference plus either 2 or 4 non automatic qualifying
5. No

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, though a relatively low amount
If private colleges wish to afford that to them, go for it. Public universities should not, though
lol sports
Yes. Fuck the NCAA

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
1. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being very bad and 5 being very good, what is your opinion of the NCAA? about a 3.5
2. Do you believe that NCAA student athletes should be paid? Yes or No No they should not get money, unless it is in the form of dorm costs and books and scholarships. No other payment beyond that.
3. Should NCAA student athletes receive scholarships primarily based on their athletic ability? Yes or No. They should have good grades as well. Where an academic student might need to maintain a 3.5, I would say the athlete on scholarship should maintain at least a 2.75.
4. Regarding NCAA Division I football, should the NCAA institute a playoff, a 2 game playoff with 4 teams, or stick with the BCS bowl games? I like the current setup.
There should be changes to they system, not sure if it has to be overhauled completely. Maybe about 60 percent.

1. 3. Not that bad but could do better. Inconsistancy is a major flaw.

2. No. Full/Partial Scholarships is enough. I'm not opposed to a student work program though.

3. No. All students enrolled need to meet minimum requirements.

4. A 2 game playoff would be a good start.

5. No. But it's antiquated policies need some serious upgrading.

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

No.
No.
Yes.
Yes.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, I'm not going to answer your survey, but coming from a Big 12 school, what I'm about to say will sound like heresy. My Dad has almost disowned me for my thoughts as well.

I think athletics have no business at school. There is little question that the term student athlete is an oxymoron in most cases. Football players receive special privileges from alumni and others. I've had classes with football and basketball players and hardly ever saw them.

But sports bring in money - money from alumni who place pride in their school besting other schools in sports. Not academics. And I defy you to show me one school whose academic departments benefit from sports. Sports pays for sports and nothing else. I know it does at the University of Texas. Penn State's football program pays for all of the other sports.

The NCAA is a police state with arbitrary rules and regulations. College athletes are junior pros and are the only members of the sports team who DO NOT get paid.

Because I'm female most males will automatically discount my opinion. But I sincerely ask what is so beneficial about having a successful sports program? And I mean for the entire school, not just the sports department.

thick7incher

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for responding Ellie! Always nice to have some differing opinions. I agree a lot with some of the points you made. I myself am a sports administration major so sports and business are my main focus areas lol. We not only try to raise money, but we also like knowing that the people that come out to support their team are having a good time while they are there.

Most of the money goes toward the sports programs, but some of the money actually does benefit my Health and Human Performance academic department. Having a successful sports program actually does benefit the entire school by increasing enrollment, which increases the school's revenue. That revenue helps build things for students that they didn't have before. In my case, it helped build a very nice aquatics and recreation center and that all students are welcome to use. It's also helping build a new library, so I would say having a successful sports program has a ripple effect for a school.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, I'm not going to answer your survey, but coming from a Big 12 school, what I'm about to say will sound like heresy. My Dad has almost disowned me for my thoughts as well.

I think athletics have no business at school. There is little question that the term student athlete is an oxymoron in most cases. Football players receive special privileges from alumni and others. I've had classes with football and basketball players and hardly ever saw them.

But sports bring in money - money from alumni who place pride in their school besting other schools in sports. Not academics. And I defy you to show me one school whose academic departments benefit from sports. Sports pays for sports and nothing else. I know it does at the University of Texas. Penn State's football program pays for all of the other sports.

The NCAA is a police state with arbitrary rules and regulations. College athletes are junior pros and are the only members of the sports team who DO NOT get paid.

Because I'm female most males will automatically discount my opinion. But I sincerely ask what is so beneficial about having a successful sports program? And I mean for the entire school, not just the sports department.

Exactly my feelings.