Need advice on shaving my shaft

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by anal_lightbulb, Apr 12, 2011.

1. anal_lightbulb

I've lost a significant amount of weight over the last year and started to notice that there was hair on my shaft...I realized I wasn't getting hairier, but more of my shaft was exposed as my fat pad has reduced in size, so the hair moved "up" so to speak.

Anyway, this past weekend, I was expecting company late on Saturday night and figured that shaving a little of my pubic hair would be a courteous thing to do just in case I was getting some head. I didn't want anyone complaining about hair getting caught in their mouth if I was getting sucked...so I hopped in the shower with a BIC razor and shaving gel for sensitive skin. The hair came off where I needed it to (I didn't shave it all off) and let's just say that later that night, no one had to pick any hair out of their teeth...

...Fast-forward a few days later and now I'm seeing a few razor bumps on my shaft where I shaved 3 days ago. They're not huge, but they're noticable and look really gross. I didn't want to put any after-shave or bump stopper on my penis because of the sting, but I need advice on a proper way to get rid of them. Some advice on how to properly shave my shaft without having to worry about ingrown hair would be appreciated too.

I know this sounds insane, but I couldn't exactly ask advice about this IRL...Thanks in advance

2. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    when i first started shaving down there that would happen, i would let it grow back until the bumps were gone, then wet the hair and soften it longer with the gel and go for it again, and i use the 3+ blades. and eventually the more often i shave, the less bumps i have, now i shave my shaft and balls pretty much at least every other time i shower and there's no problems.

3. upone

upone New Member

I have one of those little battery-operated ear-hair trimmers. It works fine, and no bumps or nicks.

4. B_Jordan85

B_Jordan85 New Member

bumps come from being a virgin shaver. I like to use the razor, preferably a female razor. take it easy on yourself because if you ever nick yourself down there its a possibility a boil will form over the cut.

5. henry8888

henry8888 Member

Albums:
    Use a fresh razor.DONT shave agasint the grain, and you should be fine.

6. D_William Howard Shaft

D_William Howard Shaft Account Disabled

as much as I hate having hair on my shaft, I doubly hate shaving it... For one when the hair comes back in its SO ITCHY... and second, unless I shave it daily, stubble happens and it HURTS my wife when I penetrate her.

7. southernstud

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There are a couple of options....try using the small hair/eye-brow trimmer, and trim close. The other option is to use an electric razor. There's less of a chance for issues and bumps if you aren't shaving so close (razors get the hair way close).

Draft saved Draft deleted