Need advice on shaving my shaft

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by anal_lightbulb, Apr 12, 2011.

1. anal_lightbulb

I've lost a significant amount of weight over the last year and started to notice that there was hair on my shaft...I realized I wasn't getting hairier, but more of my shaft was exposed as my fat pad has reduced in size, so the hair moved "up" so to speak.

Anyway, this past weekend, I was expecting company late on Saturday night and figured that shaving a little of my pubic hair would be a courteous thing to do just in case I was getting some head. I didn't want anyone complaining about hair getting caught in their mouth if I was getting sucked...so I hopped in the shower with a BIC razor and shaving gel for sensitive skin. The hair came off where I needed it to (I didn't shave it all off) and let's just say that later that night, no one had to pick any hair out of their teeth...

...Fast-forward a few days later and now I'm seeing a few razor bumps on my shaft where I shaved 3 days ago. They're not huge, but they're noticable and look really gross. I didn't want to put any after-shave or bump stopper on my penis because of the sting, but I need advice on a proper way to get rid of them. Some advice on how to properly shave my shaft without having to worry about ingrown hair would be appreciated too.

I know this sounds insane, but I couldn't exactly ask advice about this IRL...Thanks in advance

2. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    when i first started shaving down there that would happen, i would let it grow back until the bumps were gone, then wet the hair and soften it longer with the gel and go for it again, and i use the 3+ blades. and eventually the more often i shave, the less bumps i have, now i shave my shaft and balls pretty much at least every other time i shower and there's no problems.

3. upone

upone New Member

I have one of those little battery-operated ear-hair trimmers. It works fine, and no bumps or nicks.

4. B_Jordan85

B_Jordan85 New Member

bumps come from being a virgin shaver. I like to use the razor, preferably a female razor. take it easy on yourself because if you ever nick yourself down there its a possibility a boil will form over the cut.

5. henry8888

henry8888 Member

Albums:
    Use a fresh razor.DONT shave agasint the grain, and you should be fine.

6. D_William Howard Shaft

D_William Howard Shaft Account Disabled

as much as I hate having hair on my shaft, I doubly hate shaving it... For one when the hair comes back in its SO ITCHY... and second, unless I shave it daily, stubble happens and it HURTS my wife when I penetrate her.

7. southernstud

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There are a couple of options....try using the small hair/eye-brow trimmer, and trim close. The other option is to use an electric razor. There's less of a chance for issues and bumps if you aren't shaving so close (razors get the hair way close).

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice