Need Advice

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I met a guy on Vacation 2 weeks ago. It was my last night of vacation and I met him in the pool. We spent hours talking in the pool and got out of the pool and talked more. He suggested we go to my room, he wanted to snuggle. We ended up doing more.
When I got back I e-mailed him. He told me I was the best part of his vacation. I told him to call me the following weekend. He said he would "try". (my quotes not his).

He did not call. I e-mailed him and said that he must have had a really shitty time if I was the best part and he couldn't take 2 minutes out of his weekend to call. and told him I wanted to be friends. He lives in Fla. I live in NJ. But I planned to move to Florida even before my vacation before winter hits.

He called me Monday night from his cell phone and left a message. He apologized and said I sounded mad in the e-mail (captain obvious) I called him back. I hated talking to him on a cell phone because the reception was shitty.

I've come to terms that I like him more than he likes me.

I haven't heard fro him since Monday, not even via e-mail.

My question is: should I keep this a friendship on my end, hoping that when I move to Florida I can see him again, or should I just call it quits and deal with the fact if he liked me, I would be on his mind more and he would have returned my e-mails or called me.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When people are on vacation they often become different people, they get back and put their 'work head' on and they want to leave whatever happened during vacation time in the past. You contacted him clearly feeling that you'd been shat on and the fact that he apologized indicates he's a nice guy and feels bad that you feel bad, but perhaps in his 'real life' as opposed to his holiday life he's already in a relationship, or doesn't have time for one, or even doesn't want one. You've contacted him and you've let him know you want to keep in contact, now I'd leave the ball in his court. If he doesn't contact you try to treat it as a nice holiday romance.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I met a guy on Vacation 2 weeks ago. It was my last night of vacation and I met him in the pool. We spent hours talking in the pool and got out of the pool and talked more. He suggested we go to my room, he wanted to snuggle. We ended up doing more.
When I got back I e-mailed him. He told me I was the best part of his vacation. I told him to call me the following weekend. He said he would "try". (my quotes not his).or should I just call it quits and deal with the fact if he liked me, I would be on his mind more and he would have returned my e-mails or called me.
YUP...move on

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When people are on vacation they often become different people, they get back and put their 'work head' on and they want to leave whatever happened during vacation time in the past. You contacted him clearly feeling that you'd been shat on and the fact that he apologized indicates he's a nice guy and feels bad that you feel bad, but perhaps in his 'real life' as opposed to his holiday life he's already in a relationship, or doesn't have time for one, or even doesn't want one. You've contacted him and you've let him know you want to keep in contact, now I'd leave the ball in his court. If he doesn't contact you try to treat it as a nice holiday romance.

I love your British accent, I can hear it thru your post where you say "shat" and "holiday". My favorite British expression was from a Britsh nanny in "the states" where she would say to me "YOU'RE MAD!".

I think your advice is good, I've come to terms with the fact that it was a great night and if something more comes out of it that will be fine too. I'm kind of over him anyway, cause I don't want anyone who doesn't want me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MEM0101, You had a fling on the last night of your vacation. It is nothing more, nothing less. Nothing you have written has led me to believe a relationship or even a friendship would occur.

For the record, vacation flings are fun but don't expect that guy you meet on vacation to ever be "THE ONE."

Delete his e-mail address and his # from your cell phone. If you keep contacting him when he so clearly does not want you to this could get ugly.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Since you were a bit ugly in your e-mail, it wouldn't hurt to send an e-mail in about a week or so, very nice and cordial. Mention something good in your life, be short and ask how he is doing.

If you get an e-mail response great. Continue visiiting. If you don't, consider this a dead-in street.

Even if you become e-mial friends, don't expect more than that. Don't plan your future around this guy unless a lot more develop on his part.

Since more went on than just a little nice talk in the hotel room, I wouldn't delete the account in case of, horrors, you needed to contact him regarding something you contracted from him or you may have given him. Surprises do happen.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love your British accent, I can hear it thru your post where you say "shat" and "holiday". My favorite British expression was from a Britsh nanny in "the states" where she would say to me "YOU'RE MAD!".

I think your advice is good, I've come to terms with the fact that it was a great night and if something more comes out of it that will be fine too. I'm kind of over him anyway, cause I don't want anyone who doesn't want me.

I have this scathingly brilliant idea "get tf over it"

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
if you are moving near him, then see what happens after that. but a long distance relationship is hopeless. and there does not seem to be a total connection there.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Something to do while you wait.

Wow, it must be sad to go thru life being a complete ASSHOLE, hiding behind the fact that you are pretending to be funny. I pitty you.
P.S. your avatar if ridiculous and the gayest one I've ever seen here.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you sent him an angry email when he said he might not call that day anyway?

seems a little too much to me.
i'd back off too.
getting angry over a "maybe" call this early in the game smacks of bunny boiler.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"gayest" is an insult?

No, it was not meant as an insult. But if you claim to be 100% str8, why would he have such a GAY avatar. I think 100% in the closet is what he is. Plus he is so bitchy and catty.

chavous

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I Know It Hurts But Let Go. He Sounds Like It Was Just A Fling And You Got Emotionally Involved.don't Hang On It Makes You Appear Needy!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
No, it was not meant as an insult. But if you claim to be 100% str8, why would he have such a GAY avatar. I think 100% in the closet is what he is. Plus he is so bitchy and catty.

Are you serious? Pecker, bitchy and catty? Shit, I don't read him that way at all.

Pecker is Pecker - your profile says you've been around for a year, if you haven't figured that out by now well - there may be no hope! Or maybe you just don't read so good?

And Pecker, I love your avatar - I think it's hot, you sauve bastard :wink:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Are you serious? Pecker, bitchy and catty? Shit, I don't read him that way at all.

Pecker is Pecker - your profile says you've been around for a year, if you haven't figured that out by now well - there may be no hope! Or maybe you just don't read so good?

And Pecker, I love your avatar - I think it's hot, you sauve bastard :wink:

quote]

The problem is that Pecker thinks he is funny and no one has told him that he is not. He is not witty, clever ,nor funny.