need advice

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by BigNole, Jan 12, 2008.

1. BigNole

BigNole Member

Hello to everyone. This is my first thread, I did one post so far. Just found this site recently and think it is an amazing site, actually. People here are the coolest. Now for my question.

I work in an office of 9 people. I have become very good friends with one guy and we have shared many many stories, experiences etc. He is straight but really cool guy and I am very confmortable with him. He is totally infatuated with a woman in the office and actually told her he wants to have an affair. She first said no but I feel he will continue to push it. I have no problem with what people do, it is their own business. But someone a year ago told me this woman has herpes. Don't know if it is true or not but I do not want him to be hurt. Should l I tell him of this rumor? I had not told anyone about this rumor before because I think it is shitty to do so about someone's personal life. But now I feel really torn and it has almost making ME physically ill worrying about it. I appreciate all responses.

thanks

2. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

tell him but keep it quiet and say it in a joking manner so not to worry him but make him conscious that it is possible

3. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Agree with Lee. I'd also not make too big of a deal about it; office gossip can really get out of hand and I doubt you want to be in the middle of it.

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

If you've heard the rumour other people will have too, so I also think you could mention it to him in a tactful way. If it was office gossip he's possibly already heard it.

5. bigtwin

bigtwin Member

Albums:
    similar to what SP says...if you've heard the rumor, don't you think he'd have too? I'd say, stay out of it.

6. BigNole

BigNole Member

Thanks everyone for your advice. He has probalbly heard it so I think I can say it in a tactful way without getting into this too much. Better he be warned of the possibility..Maybe Monday I can do it..

7. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    What type of herpes? 20% of American people have genital herpes. 80% of Americans have oral herpes (cold sores). Maybe the rumor was about the cold sores. And maybe your friend has herpes himself.

I personally would tell him of the rumor. But I would also tell anybody I know of that hooks up frequently about the statistics regarding herpes.

8. BigNole

BigNole Member

Thanks for the advice. He knows of the rumor and it turns out only to be a rumor. Not true at all. And I don't know him as well as I thought. He had been "seeing her" for quite a while now and no one knew. Now that people found out she quit her job last week. Gawd, things can be weird sometimes. But being that she is young, 25, she should be able to find employment easily. I NEVER want to be involved like this again!:mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted