Need beauty advice

AnonyMs: The one thing I have tried to remedy for years and can not seem to do it is...

DRY ELBOWS!

They are scaly, discolored, and lotion may take away the scales for a day, but the discoloration stays.

Any hints, sisters?

wvalady1968: Lemons, Nony. I've heard about cutting a lemon in half, sqeezing out the juice, and rubbing the hollowed out rind on your bent elbow. Let us know if it works!

Wonder if you couldn't put juice in some lotion?

7x6andchg: Believe it or not - I've heard of that too. It does work.
Try some lemon juice in Corn Huskers Lotion (a really thick hand lotion that works wonders) - that worked for me. It happens to me very rarely these days.

Beauty advice - Free. Good Beauty Advice - $50 :D

7x6&C

RedheadedSpdFrk: Exfoliate, my friend. Then cut the toes off some tube socks...put tons of a thick lotion (I use Johnson's baby lotion) on your elbows and pull the socks up your arms and sleep with them on...the discoloration will go away and you will be left with soft smooth elbows.... you may have to do this for a few days before you notice any real difference...but it does work.

RedheadedSpdFrk: Forgot to mention - I use baby oil and epsom salt mixed together to exfoliate...no expensive salon products.

AnonyMs: [quote author=7x6+C link=board=women;num=1065521350;start=0#2 date=10/07/03 at 15:26:21]
Beauty advice - Free.  Good Beauty Advice - $50[/quote]

Beauty advice that works.  Priceless.

I will try all of the above and keep you posted.

Thanks!

7x6andchg: Do they have cornhuskers lotion in FL? I thought it was a Midwestern thing (hence the corn part)....
7x6&C

AnonyMs: yeah... I have seen it a time or two ...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Well there's always elbow grease. But I don't think everybody uses that.

I'm sure Nony does.

Pecker

(Support your local medical examiner. Die strangely.)

9cyclops9: Wha?? Nony lives in FL? I alwaya assumed it was Texas!

What part of FL, Nony? I'm from Pensacola until two months ago.

John

AnonyMs: LOL @ Pecker!  ix-nay on the elbow grease ... I believe in outsourcing as many domestic chores as possible...  it helps to keep the economy strong.

And cyclops... I am a native Texas, born and raised.