Need boyfriend tested for HPV virus

GREENmyPINK

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I found a test online for HPV for men a few years ago but that partner broke it off rather than be tested.
This partner is serious about protecting me and wants to stay together so I'm looking for the test.
The reason is that his ex wife had cervical cancer and a hystorectomy ( same as last guy who backed out).
Cerivcal cancer may be caused by a strain of HPV and their was a test you could order online to see if you were carrying HPV, which strains, and if you were immune already. Then your partner could be vaccinated accordingly if needed.
I hope to find the test again but am not having luck so far.
Any help is appreciated.
I have not become sexuallly active with my boyfriend because of the cervical cancer issue with his ex wife.

biguncut8

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Unless both you and your boyfriend are virgins (doesn't sound like it's the case), you're both very likely to be infected with HPV already. The vast majority of sexually active people have been exposed to HPV at some point in their lives, and therefore the vaccines won't really be of much use. This is why HPV vaccination is being rolled out in most places among young girls (and increasingly boys) before the age of seuxal debut. In the vast majority of cases, HPV infection goes away and doesn't cause any problems.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^^^ Dude is right in that most people contract HPV. To my knowledge, however, it never goes away.

Anyway, I'd be dubious about an HPV test advertised online. That's not just because it's advertised on the internet, but mainly because (like the flu) there are myriad strains of HPV out there, and any test is only going to pick up a select number of them - just as the HPV vaccine (and the flu shot, for that matter) only work against a limited number of strains.

I don't know if that's of any help to you, OP, but good luck regardless.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I had it for about a year when I was 18. Never has shown up since- now 31. I think keeping up with your Ob/Gyn appointments and getting a pap smear once a year, you have minimal risk of developing any form of cervical dysplasia that can not be treated properly and safely.

According to Wikipedia:

Most HPV infections in young females are temporary and have little long-term significance. Seventy percent of infections are gone in 1 year and ninety percent in 2 years.[4] However, when the infection persists — in 5% to 10% of infected women — there is high risk of developing precancerous lesions of the cervix, which can progress to invasive cervical cancer. This process usually takes 15–20 years, providing many opportunities for detection and treatment of the pre-cancerous lesion. Progression to invasive cancer can be almost always prevented when standard prevention strategies are applied, but the lesions still cause considerable burden necessitating preventive surgeries, which do in many cases involve loss of fertility.

Once an HPV viron invades a cell, an active infection occurs, and the virus can be transmitted. Several months to years may elapse before squamous intraepithelial lesions (SIL) develop and can be clinically detected. The time from active infection to clinically detectable disease may make it difficult for epidemiologists to establish which partner was the source of infection.[47]

Estimates of HPV prevalence vary from 14% to more than 90%.[96] One reason for the difference is that some studies report women who currently have a detectable infection, while other studies report women who have ever had a detectable infection.[97][98] Another cause of discrepancy is the difference in strains that were tested for.

But I digress, something that is so prevalent and not really harmful to a majority of sexually active males and females is not something I would base my relationship status on. Your concerns are not entirely unfounded, but are they that important in the big picture when you are with a person who might be perfect for you otherwise? That is a larger problem with the sexually active human race than something like HPV. Lots of people out there never find that. Lots of people are surviving just fine with HPV in their past.

I have been checked for it consistently for 13 years now with it never showing up again in my system. Even if you could check someone for it, it doesn't mean the person hasn't been a carrier. And as far as vaccinations go, I was too old for it by the time it came out broadly on the market. So it might not be an option for either one of you over the age of 27.

Just my opinion and personal experience with it. I've never known someone who died of cervical cancer who kept up with their regular Gynecological pap smears. But I have known someone who has died of cold sores. Go figure!

I had an abnormal pap smear at 18 with mild HPV present. They did a biopsy to check for cancer, removing nearly all the HPV (which can be seen under a culposcope on the cervix) and then I went back every 3 months for a year for a pap smear to make sure it wasn't back. They applied a chemical to my cervix with a cotton swab to get rid of whatever the biopsy did not. Pretty simple. I've had more complicated treatment for a respiratory infection.

I take about 15 daily medications to manage Lupus/ More women die of Lupus every year than Cervical Cancer by far. So I think my outlook on this might be due to the other health complications.

If you want to talk to me more about it I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

-MR

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd be real careful.

HPV isn't as prevalent as they want you to believe. Texans are finding out the truth the really hard way. And they ARE going to take down Rick Perry for it. One way or another.

Guardasil is extremely dangerous to the point of deadly. It does not prevent or treat HPV or even prevent cervical cancer and it's been found out to be the cause of both.

The company that makes it wants you to believe that girls are going to catch it BEFORE they ever have sex.

I'd stay away from the "vaccine". If you have it, it can be cured by natural means.

MysticMedusa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As for any invader (bacteria, fungus, warts, etc..) which HPV is one, if the terrain it lands on is not hospitable it will not survive and manage to make it its home. The human body is meant to hover at a basic PH level to function at its peak. The air we breathe, water we drink, food we ingest and stress levels our bodies experience are what will establish it's PH level, and an acidic body is the ideal terrain for these invaders to thrive in.

Ensuring you ingest a good amount of alkaline forming foods, drink pure, clean water, spend time in nature breathing clean air and actively lowering your stress levels will go a long way into protecting you from many dis-eases.

B_JasonX87

Experimental Member
Media
I had a threesome with a couple of girls about 8 years back and there was an HPV incident.

Girl 1 didn't know she had HPV. Girl 2 mentioned to me a couple months later when she went in for a routine checkup that she had contracted it and I was the only person she had had sex with since her last check. She also mentioned it to girl 1. I had also been tested previously and was negative.

Girl 1 got tested and found out she had it. I got retested and had no signs of it. I got retested again a couple months later and still no signs. (Still nothing from a test 2 years ago as well)

I never contracted it for whatever reason. Girl 2 no longer tested positive after a couple years and has not transmitted it to her husband (married him later and had let him know about the incident) I don't keep in touch with girl 1.

So I transmitted it from girl 1 to girl 2 without actually contracting it myself and girl 2 had it go away after a couple years.

I don't know what strand it was, but there are 2 strands that are worrysome for cervical cancer from what I researched at the time.

SpankySD

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I found a test online for HPV for men a few years ago but that partner broke it off rather than be tested.
This partner is serious about protecting me and wants to stay together so I'm looking for the test.
The reason is that his ex wife had cervical cancer and a hystorectomy ( same as last guy who backed out).
Cerivcal cancer may be caused by a strain of HPV and their was a test you could order online to see if you were carrying HPV, which strains, and if you were immune already. Then your partner could be vaccinated accordingly if needed.
I hope to find the test again but am not having luck so far.
Any help is appreciated.
I have not become sexuallly active with my boyfriend because of the cervical cancer issue with his ex wife.

Your best bet is to get vaccinated, if you have not been already. Men who engage in anal sex with same sex partners should also get vaccinated. An unpublicized fact about HPV is that it is associated with anal cancer, and the treatment for anal warts is painful and expensive, and can leave scar tissue. Most men with infected penises have no idea that they are carriers.

Last edited:

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if you can't find it online, go to your county health dept, they'll know where to go. on the way home, buy some condoms and go home and fuck. geez

MysticMedusa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Your best bet is to get vaccinated, if you have not been already. Men who engage in anal sex with same sex partners should also get vaccinated. An unpublicized fact about HPV is that it is associated with anal cancer, and the treatment for anal warts is painful and expensive, and can leave scar tissue. Most men with infected penises have no idea that they are carriers.

Vaccination... The dangers of vaccination are so numerous. From the toxic ingredients they are composed of (formaldehyde, mercury, aluminum, antibiotics, preservatives and the list goes on...), to the fact that the human body was not created to handle the intake of these compounds via intramuscular medium, and as such does not possess the capability to process them appropriately when they enter the body in such a manner. Inevitably, the end process is these ingredients remain in the body, toxifying it and damaging the nervous system, furthermore creating instability as well as weakening the body's immune response.

Herein lies the process: germs to bacteria, bacteria to viruses, viruses to fungal forms and fungal forms to cancer cells. If the cellular metabolism and pH are in a balanced i.e. homeostatic state of existence, the body is not susceptible to illness and dis-ease. The bacteria is nothing, the soil is everything. (The more I research, the more I learn... the more I believe Pasteur uttered these shocking words on his deathbed...)

For any of you who wish to explore this furthermore, there is an excellent award winning documentary that is coming out on the subject called "The Greater Good". Its viewing is free until the 5th of November 2011. It has much information on the HPV vaccine (Gardasil) and its very serious dangers. Hopefully I am allowed to link this on a post, if not my sincere apologies to the moderators.

A Documentary Film | The Greater Good

Your body is your temple, respect and cherish it...

MysticMedusa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I also wish to emphasize focus on the important fact that we view these organisms as invaders, attacking us, with the sole purpose of destroying us, when in fact, just like humans on planet earth, their main - innate goals - are to survive, procreate and find the perfect environment to thrive in. A world within a world and you are the GOD.

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's a somewhat cost-benefit analysis in determining whether or not you're interested in vaccination or not as a method of protection. Vaccinations are generally safe, but do carry substantial risks. Additionally, there's an issue with supposed prophylactic medicine in that it encourages risk taking behavior, and some medical data which shows that the use of certain adjuvants is a risk factor.

Monogamous couples that engage in unprotected sex can either mediate their cancer risk via HPV by being regularly screened, by using barrier forms of contraception, by taking the vaccine and by eating right and exercising to maintain healthy immune function. There's additional data showing that temperature and climate have substantial impact on the rates of viral propagation, so there's a near assured link between the cost-benefit of each of these choices across different lifestyles and climates.

Insofar as it comes down to individual choice, I'd probably go with the vaccine myself, but that's mostly because I've been very careful about limiting my intake of non-clearable heavy metals; the fish I eat is purchased specifically from vendors who provide no post-processing and the fish have been gotten in clean waters. If I was more of a fan of tuna, or lived on the west coast, my answer might have been different.

HariSeldon

Just Browsing
Media
Vaccination... The dangers of vaccination are so numerous. From the toxic ingredients they are composed of (formaldehyde, mercury, aluminum, antibiotics, preservatives and the list goes on...), to the fact that the human body was not created to handle the intake of these compounds via intramuscular medium, and as such does not possess the capability to process them appropriately when they enter the body in such a manner. Inevitably, the end process is these ingredients remain in the body, toxifying it and damaging the nervous system, furthermore creating instability as well as weakening the body's immune response.

Herein lies the process: germs to bacteria, bacteria to viruses, viruses to fungal forms and fungal forms to cancer cells. If the cellular metabolism and pH are in a balanced i.e. homeostatic state of existence, the body is not susceptible to illness and dis-ease. The bacteria is nothing, the soil is everything. (The more I research, the more I learn... the more I believe Pasteur uttered these shocking words on his deathbed...)

For any of you who wish to explore this furthermore, there is an excellent award winning documentary that is coming out on the subject called "The Greater Good". Its viewing is free until the 5th of November 2011. It has much information on the HPV vaccine (Gardasil) and its very serious dangers. Hopefully I am allowed to link this on a post, if not my sincere apologies to the moderators.

A Documentary Film | The Greater Good

Your body is your temple, respect and cherish it...

WTF is this shit? You are seriously misinformed and you are going to get someone hurt should they follow your advice. The bold part is particularly crazy and easily recognizable as entirely false to even all but the most drooling of laymen. Please stop or be ridiculed.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd be real careful.

HPV isn't as prevalent as they want you to believe. Texans are finding out the truth the really hard way. And they ARE going to take down Rick Perry for it. One way or another.

Guardasil is extremely dangerous to the point of deadly. It does not prevent or treat HPV or even prevent cervical cancer and it's been found out to be the cause of both.

The company that makes it wants you to believe that girls are going to catch it BEFORE they ever have sex.

I'd stay away from the "vaccine". If you have it, it can be cured by natural means.

Your facts are total nonsense.( well, except maybe the Perry stuff)

HPV is the most common viral infection. It is the most common STI.
The vaccine is safe and effective. The risks are few and outweigh the cancers caused by HPV.