Need "designer stubble" + neckline advice

mchammerpenguin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whenever I grow out my facial hair I usually just do down the sides to the chin and then under the jaw but not onto the neck. Though, it is really up to preference but that is my favorite way to do it.

cjj2k

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you want the stubble look, let it grow everywhere it does naturally. If you shave the neck and leave the face, its gonna look too "forced" (for lack of a better word). Just run a trimmer over it all the same length. Keeps it tidy.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I just got the Babyliss iStubble stubble trimmer, look it up on Amazon. It's really good, loads of settings for different lengths of stubble from 5 millimeters all the way down to half a milimeter.

It's neat, easy to keep in working order and good for travel. It's not too expensive either.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you want the stubble look, let it grow everywhere it does naturally. If you shave the neck and leave the face, its gonna look too "forced" (for lack of a better word). Just run a trimmer over it all the same length. Keeps it tidy.
Sorry, I disagree...

Face stubble yes
neck stubble no, yuck!

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Quick tip:

Use a manual, straight razor to do the cleaning up and smooth detailing. But before you do, lather up with cream extra heavy, then using a dry finger draw a line along the jawline. Then trace that line with your razor to get a nice, clean beard that follows your jawline.

The benefit of this method is that even if you draw a bad line in cream, you can always rub the cream around and start over. No mistaken razor strokes!